IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 82>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 6:05pm

Sahih Bukahri Book -5 , Hadith - 2242

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

Who has observed fast among you today?

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) replied:    It is I.

He (the Holy Prophet again) said: Who among you followed the bier today?

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) replied: It is I.

He (the Holy Prophet again) said: Who among you led a poor man today?

Abu Bakr (Allah he pleased with him) replied: It is I.

He (again) said: Who among you visited an invalid today?

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) said: It is I.

Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly, enter paradise. 

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 3:50am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) reported Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) as saying: He who loves to meet Allah, Allah also loves to meet him, and who dislikes to meet Allah, Allah abhors to meet him. There is death before (one is able to) meet Allah. (Muslim 35:6490)

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 6:14pm

Sahih Bukahri : Book-2 Hadith -  385

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

Some angels came to the Prophet while he was sleeping. Some of them said, "He is sleeping." Others said, "His eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake."

Then they said, "There is an example for this companion of yours." One of them said, "Then set forth an example for him."

Some of them said, "He is sleeping." The others said, "His eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake."

Then they said, "His example is that of a man who has built a house and then offered therein a banquet and sent an inviter (messenger) to invite the people. So whoever accepted the invitation of the inviter, entered the house and ate of the banquet, and whoever did not accept the invitation of the inviter, did not enter the house, nor did he eat of the banquet."

Then the angels said, "Interpret this example to him so that he may understand it."

Some of them said, "He is sleeping.'' The others said, "His eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake."

And then they said, "The houses stands for Paradise and the call maker is Muhammad; and whoever obeys Muhammad, obeys Allah; and whoever disobeys Muhammad, disobeys Allah. Muhammad separated the people (i.e., through his message, the good is distinguished from the bad, and the believers from the disbelievers)."

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:45am

It is related from Ibn 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,* said, "Islam is based on five: the testifying (shahada) that there is no god except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; establishing the prayer (salat); paying the zakat (wealth-tax), the Hajj and the fast (sawm) of Ramadan."

Bukhari, Chapter 2, Hadith 8

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx

Edited by peacemaker - 26 January 2010 at 5:04pm
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 6:02pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book - 76, Hadith - 469

Narrated 'Aisha:

The most beloved action to Allah's Apostle was that whose doer did it continuously and regularly. 

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:48am

It was related from Abu Hurayra, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Belief has over sixty branches. Modesty is a branch of belief."

Bukhari, Chapter 2, Hadith 9

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx

Edited by peacemaker - 26 January 2010 at 5:05pm
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 8:24pm

(Sahiih Bukhari Book - 32, Hadith - 233)

Narrated Abu Salama: I asked Abu Sa'id, and he was a friend of mine, (about the Night of Qadr) and

he said, "We practiced Itikaf (seclusion in the mosque) in the middle third of the month of Ramadan with the Prophet.

In the morning of the 20th of Ramadan, the Prophet came and addressed us and said, 'I was informed of (the date of the Night of Qadr) but I was caused to forget it;  so search for it in the odd nights of the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. (In the dream) I saw myself prostrating in mud and water (as a sign). So, whoever was in l'tikaf with me should return to it with me (for another 10-day's period)', and we returned.

At that time there was no sign of clouds in the sky but suddenly a cloud came and it rained till rain-water started leaking through the roof of the mosque which was made of date-palm leaf stalks. Then the prayer was established and I saw Allah's Apostle prostrating in mud and water and I saw the traces of mud on his forehead." 

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 7:25pm
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "There is a Sadaqa to be given for every joint of the human body; and for every day on which the sun rises there is a reward of a Sadaqa (i.e. charitable gift) for the one who establishes justice among people."  

Sahih Bukhari - 49 - 870
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 82>
  Share Topic