IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - YOUSEF IN JAIL  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YOUSEF IN JAIL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YOUSEF IN JAIL
    Posted: 20 September 2007 at 10:13am

I was once accused of a crime that I did not commit. They arrested me and put me in jail and it took a while before my innocence was established.

They put handcuffs and leg irons on me and I wished my life were over. The cold steel hurt my skin and dug into my flesh but the pain in my soul was worse. I could not understand how my �righteous� life had led to that moment.

The cell smelled of human waste and was cold as a tomb. Just before they slammed the door I prayed harder than I had ever prayed in my life. I prayed that I would not have to spend time in jail. But God had other plans�

The night in jail was hell. I huddled close to the wall on a concrete floor and tried to keep my sanity. The world had done me an injustice. I knew God had not done the wrong, but I was mad at Him. He had let it happen and He had not helped me. I felt like He had abandoned me. I said I was done with God and if He did not want me I would not need Him either. As time went by I knew I had nobody to help me except Him. I knew I had no one to turn to except Him. Eventually, I got up made ablution, (as best as I could), and said my prayers. In time, my salat was the only thing to look forward to in that place of misery.

My incarceration was short; however, I developed a special understanding of the story of Yousef in the Quran. The innocent Yousef who was falsely accused of a sin he did not commit. The young Yousef who was imprisoned unjustly yet kept his faith. The Muslim Yousef who accepted the Will of Allah over all things including his own freedom.

I tasted only a fraction of what Yousef went through and I �know� he deserved the rewards he received from Allah (swt).

Respectfully
aka2x2
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 6:51pm

Beautiful! JazakAllah for sharing it with us.

Indeed a believer does ponder all around. Even from his experiences be it sour or sweet, he takes them and ponders as the signs of Allah swt.  Very good post. Masha-Allah

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 12:44am

Well Done aka. I am happy to know that you did well. You were acquitted. I would like to know if you got a certificate of your innocence or not from the (jail) authorities. Did you get any paper for your clearance from the blame / accusation or they just told you that are free to go home??

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 1:04am
Its not the story of AKA? Is it aka? I thought, it to be an experience of else.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 6:30am

Thanks for the kind words.

The story is true and asbout me. I was found not guilty in a trial that took place a few months after the arrest. There was no paper work other than the trial records and the final verdict. At the end the judge turned to me and said "you are free to go"... And, that was that. My police record was expunged based on the verdict.

Edited by aka2x2
Respectfully
aka2x2
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 7:02pm

SubhanAllah. Believe me ak ,i thought that post to be an extract of any islamic magazine. We are very proud to have such member with us. May Allah swt grant us such faith. But yes, we need to remember such innocent muslims, who are right now suffering in jails, in our supplications. May Allah swt, ease there trials and soon be freed from such sufferings.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 7:46pm

That's why I love this place! Many years ago I had a similar experience.  My brother and I were falsely accused of an awful crime.  He was arrested, however I remained free but with a cloud over me of an impending arrest.  After many months he was freed and we were exonerated.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 10:22am
What was the arrest for?

Edited by Israfil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic