IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have a few questions! :)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have a few questions! :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 6:39pm
Am totally confused. Better i sit and watch. Bro. Rami u seems correct, but still it isn't clicking me.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 7:56pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

which part is confusing?
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:15pm

that the person slaughtering the animal be a Muslim, or from amongst "those who were given the scripture before" (Jewish or a Christian) and again on the other side its said that the meat over which Allah 's name is n't pronounced is haram.This makes me confused.

May  be, i shud cooly go thru your posts again.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 9:34pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

These arent in contradiction brother they are two separate issues.

1] the person killing the animal must be a muslim
2] the name of allah must be pronounced beffore killing the animal.

The first issue is debatable while the second is a must without exception for the meat to be Halal, and there is no valid disagreement regarding the second issue.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:28am

And then Please also explain whether the name of Allah as "Allah" will be spoken or in their own languages.

If the person slaughtering has to be a Muslim then the matter is settled that no Muslim can eat the meat of the Jews and the Christians. Why the Jews will call a Muslim to slaughter their animal??

The name of Allah exactly as "Allah" will also not be pronounced while slaughtering the animal. Why will the Jews or christians of America will use the word Allah?? When they do not believe in Allah??

And please do not forget the incident of the meat of  a Jewess accepted by the prophet s.a.w.s.  A part of Rami post is shown below:

The incident with the jewess, allahu allam, but the animal could have been killed according to the halal requirements at the time, meaning up to that point of revelation not the requirements as we know them after the full 23 year period of revelation....or this could be a case of abrogation.

It is all full of maybe this, may be that. The incident happened in Madinah in very late years after the fall of Khyber. There is no abrogation in Quran. The person is asking for some solution to a problem which is being faced by many Muslims. The reply should be by the order  and in the light of Quran and Sunnah. If a facility is provided by Allah then nobody should try to take that away so easily.

saherimtiaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saherimtiaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 3:24pm

jazakAllah for all of your replies it has helped me and i have gained more information. I know that you are not supposed to eat non-zabiha meat but i didn't know what i cite to my friends, i thank you all..

asalamoalikum

Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 2:14am

Asalamylukum

According to my experience many place say the meat is halaal but its not.  Say for instance you go supermarket.  Many products is certified halaal but it is not.  How our muslims will be halaal is difficult these days. But Allah see our intentions.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 11:27pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic