IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Psychic contact with Angels  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psychic contact with Angels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim mind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 11:00am

Angel thank you for sharing your experience there.

That was kind of you. I am intrested in psychic studies and always like to learn more about people's experiences and ideas on this.

Israfil....firstly I am not a gullible human being; and no I do not get taken advantage of..I am simply researching on this area thats all... anyway..

HerJihad...nice one for sharing your thoughts on this..if you have any more info on that please will u private message me? Thanks.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 3:14pm
Muslim_mind I apologize if you misunderstood me when I posted the brief dialogue I did not post it with the intention of making you see as though you are "gullible." I'm merely critiquing taking advice from a psychic. As a Muslim, you must understand that we as Muslims do not consult psychics soothesayers or anyone who asserts they have the capacity to "know" our future. Knowledge especially in future tense is for Allah not humans.
Muslim mind View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim mind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 1:25am

No problem its ok.

What I don't understand isarfil is with psychics; they claim to talk with God's angels; this is where I got a little doubtfull, as I know Jinns can be very dubious and crafty.

But the Psychics seem 100% convinced that it is Angels they are working with.

But anyway thank you for sharing with me on this.

I think I have enuff info on this now.

Take care.

Peace.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 2:05am
I will say this.  Once in my darkest days, I bounce around from faith to faith looking for the light.  I dabbled in true paganism.  Brother Muslim Mind.  I can tell you this, they are not playing with Angels.

I read Tarot.  Here is a little secret.  The interpretations are vague.  Even the way the cards are designed are vague.  The reader can only tell you those vague things and its for the viewer to fill in the blanks.

Psychics are not gaining their knowledge from Angels.  God doesn't work like that.  The whole Psychic business is one of the biggest frauds out there.  If you read the fine print in any psychic's shop, they will have a disclaimer that its for entertainment purposes only.

People who charge money for this sort of thing should be prosecuted.  And if, and I do mean IF that thing were real, it would be a gift given for the sake of God and should not be used for gain.

Beware.  I was once very entranced by the "supernatural" powers of nature.  No more.  I just enjoy the wonders that God has made the natural order.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Angel my response to you are in red

I know you haven't had good experience but what do you call your intuition or gut feeling? that is a psychic abitilty and everyone has that. Even picking up others energy vibrations.

Intuition has nothing to do with psychic abilities but rather, instictual thought on a particular situation. I would say having a "gut feeling" goes along the lines of activating the frontal lobe of the brain (and perhaps other areas) where this lobe is the center of the organization of thought processes. Perhaps gut feelings come from the instinctual feeling through chemical reaction from this area. Again, this could scientifically explained if I used an fMRI to study "gut feelings." Dogs for instance have reactions based on vibrations (not feeling them persay but sound vibrations) and react accordingly but humans do not have this keen sense.

gee israfil, then I guess i am not normal, since my intuition saves me from danger i pick up on certain things, energy from people.

Israfil I do know somethings about this, otherwise i would not speak or feel confident in what i talk about.  

Vibrations are all aorund us, energy vibrations we all pick up on, even science agrees with this. negative energy vibrations does us no good while the positive energy vibrations does. it is even noted that cancer will spread alot more in negative vibration than positive. The positive is the higher vibrational aim in goodness, the love and kindness while the negative is the lower vibration. Even water picks up on either energy/vibrations and it has been scientifically proven, the water cystrals when in a healthy from are beautiful and perfect when given positive vibrations, and the negative the water crystals are distorted and sickly looking when given negative energy. The building of storms/thunder storm that creates huge amounts of energy, some people are sensitive to it and get headache, some commit suicide, Darwin has a higher suicude rate in the wet season some can't handle it at all.

I class Intuition part of ESP.

Also, picking up on things silently without knowing what or why is part of psychic ability, It is NOT always about telling the future! As far as my study goes.

Quote Sometimes "gut feelings" are more of like guessing because we may innately feel strongly about something and could be wrong. My experiences has nothing to do with why I disagree with psychics.

I agree with this also, the reason i put gut feeling because some people interchange it with intuition. 

I know some people don't trust their intuitions.

I do have a short article on ESP. it is interesting.

Quote I disagree with them because from a religious perspective by me participating I'm saying in this act that I don't trust God so I will consult a human being who will predict (or at least give me hints on) my future for me. To me going to psychics is the lazy way to find answers. People consult horoscopes and astrologists but all of these individuals practice psuedopsychology (fake psychology).

To me, even if I was religious, i do believe in God, doesn't mean you don't trust God, its not about the future always and not trusting God, its also about getting help at a particular time from a higher plane.

I have futuristic dreams that come true, mind you i don't remember it until that moment has arrived, that too is a psychic ability. And in all honesty i probably could get trained to developed that much furthur.

Quote Futuristic dreams has nothing to do with psychic ability and the fact that you have "futuristic dreams" can be explained.I would say your subconscious (not your conscious mind) would act upon  those so-called futuristic dreams and actualize the reality for you thus making it coincidental. I can tell you that humans don't remember every particular aspect of their dream just the things that stand out so whether or not you experienced something that you dreamt may not be entirely accurate but resemble something you dreamt about, that too can happen as well.

oh gee Israfil   

Honestly!

It is very accurate!! In fact it is the very same!! and I don't think it is coincidential. resemble??? no.  

As for the conversation, the ones I know or been to, don't do that.

Quote I still stand by that science doesn't have all the answers and or that science has not catched up with some things because today humans can only go so far into scientific experiments, so who knows in the future. 

That is my point no human knows the future and consulting a human who is as fallible as the next one is crazy. That is like a surgeon asking a psychic's advice on which part of the body he or she should operate on?

That wasn't my point, have to get back to this later, got to get my train home

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 3:26am

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I read Tarot.  Here is a little secret.  The interpretations are vague.  Even the way the cards are designed are vague.  The reader can only tell you those vague things and its for the viewer to fill in the blanks.

I'll answer this later. yes i know tarot too.

Quote Psychics are not gaining their knowledge from Angels.  God doesn't work like that.

And you know God's work and how he works. 

Quote People who charge money for this sort of thing should be prosecuted.  And if, and I do mean IF that thing were real, it would be a gift given for the sake of God and should not be used for gain.

just like the church asking for money in the basket that goes around at mass  

Quote I just enjoy the wonders that God has made the natural order.

That I agree on

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 4:10am
Well, the Church funds shouldn't be used for gain...example mine uses the money for humanitarian aid and basic upkeep of the buildings and such.  We have no paid clergy... so no one is making money.

As for how God works....I don't believe an all powerful being is going to talk to Madame Lulu about someone's cheating lover.

God has more important things to do.  Besides, no psychic has ever been able to adequately predict anything before the fact.  Only after the fact they can squeeze interpretation into vague comments.

And even a broken clock is right twice a day
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:46am

Angel,

If people need help they can go to a therapist or a psychologist. You are saying two different things when you mention that. First off, psychics are not therapist rather, from general consensus, people go to them because they want to know where there life is or where it is going. But I've never heard of someone going to a psychic because they have problems. Even if they consult a psychic for their problems this psychic is not attuned to the billions of so humans in the world even much less the millions (or hundreds of thousands) of people in that area.

Psychics tarot cards are all too vague and if my psych professor can act like a psychic without even practicing psychics how can you expect me to agree with you when some guy (my professor) made it seem so convincing? Until psychics step up and let us scientist test them in the labs I will continue to believe they are phony. Just like religion and cults its easy to make people believe in the unseen the problem is whether people can discern what is real and what is not.

IAngel understand I really feel strong about this particular aspect of mine. I believe psychics are scamming people. I echo the same thing what sister Angela says if psychic ability is so precious and so rare why is there one or two in almost every city in los Angeles. At least with churches you know what you're getting and its easily accessible with psychics you don't know what you're getting. Plus, if you are a true psychic why have a disclaimer? To me that is setting people up for a B.S. reading.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic