IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - salam everyone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

salam everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainab_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salam everyone
    Posted: 20 August 2007 at 2:08pm

I m dr zainab from pakistan.. will be going to US for further training,i dont have any doubt that allah is one , and muhammad is his prophit, have love for all the muslims  BUT when it comes to talk about islam and muslims in front of a nonmuslims i have zero knowledge. 

in my first visit to US felt very lonly, didnt know what to eat, what to wear,how to tell other about islam would like to be part of a muslim community.hope i find my answers.... had an encounter with a romanian prieast... felt very sad when i couldnt answer his question...have started watching peace TV..dr zakir is amazing , thought i should also join muslim forum.

my best wishes for all

hope God give us strength to stay on the right path

prayers

Woodstock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 12:22pm
Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll find what you want to know. As far as eating just eat what you eat now.
Speak a little Learn alot.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 5:28am
As'Salamu Alaikum,
Welcome to this site sister. We can understand how tough it is stay away from home and to get adjusted at a new place. But a strong faith that wherever we move Allah SWT, is always with us - keeps us motivated. I hope this site shall help you to acquire knowledge and we learn from you as well from your sharings about islam.
Regarding how to tell of islam - Well sister lets see that we first practice the sunnah and am sure people around us get influenced. And once when we understand those people around us, i mean there nature and characters, accordingly we shall start up the dawah and reach them. The very first thing required is patience, And regarding what to eat - yes, its again  thought provoking at such places. Try your best to know if its halal or haram. What to wear? Being a muslimah whereever we are we shud be modestly dressed. All these questions of yours depicts your piety and fear of Allah swt, you have within. These questions can further be discussed at the other sections which shall be of great help to you. We have a very good panel of members who shall help you .  And regarding Dr. Zakir Naik, i wish you not miss any of the programmes of peaceTV. May Allah swt grant us patience and strong faith, thus guiding us on the right path. Ameen.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 12:08pm

Welcome to the forum,

actually I am trying not to miss the newcomers however I had been away from the internet facilities for about 20 days so I just read the messages.

As I see being abroad may turn into a chance for a muslim to review his or her knowledge and practices of Islam. I didnt have long stays in nonmuslim countries but if I were you I am sure that I would face the same problems. To my idea, books written by reverts are helpful to compare Islam with other religions and to answer the most wondered topics about Islam, "which I think are actually mediatic but not related to the real phylosophy of Islam"

As salaam.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic