IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apostacy and few other issues  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apostacy and few other issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by bunter bunter wrote:

Perhaps you can explain what 'it' is then I might get it. What my posts are about is sharing what we believe, is that such a bad idea?

Never mind.  Enjoy yourself.  Obviously I misunderstood something.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 12:26pm
bunter,
I see what you are unable to grasp. By obeying God and the prophet, you think Muslims are making God and the Prophet equal?
You are just misunderstanding the whole thing. You can obey God and obey the Prophet without blasphemy. Here is how you do it: You take God as God, and the Prophet as the Prophet. If you are able to distinguish between the two and follow each as should be, there is no problem and fear of blasphemy.
See the Muslims see and keep their prophet as a man chosen by God to be their teacher, a prophet. Muslims never think of their prophet as god, divine nor son of God. Christians on the other hand has taken their prophet, Jesus, a man, equal to God, a god, son of God and so on, thus crossing into open blasphemy.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

bunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

I see what you are unable to grasp. By obeying God and the prophet, you think Muslims are making God and the Prophet equal? You are just misunderstanding the whole thing. You can obey God and obey the Prophet without blasphemy. Here is how you do it: You take God as God, and the Prophet as the Prophet. If you are able to distinguish between the two and follow each as should be, there is no problem and fear of blasphemy.mSee the Muslims see and keep their prophet as a man chosen by God to be their teacher, a prophet. Muslims never think of their prophet as god, divine nor son of God. Christians on the other hand has taken their prophet, Jesus, a man, equal to God, a god, son of God and so on, thus crossing into open blasphemy.

So let me ask, can your prophet be wrong. Can I therfore ignore things he said and did since he was just a man of the ordinary kind. If you agree he can be ignored or said wrong things perhaps you would give examples?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 3:10pm
Bunter,
I just showed you on the subject, that you were wrong and I showed you how. I guess you admit that so you start another topic. If so, just start a new thread and I will address it.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 23 August 2012 at 3:11pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

bunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 4:47am

Bunter,I just showed you on the subject, that you were wrong and I showed you how. I guess you admit that so you start another topic. If so, just start a new thread and I will address it.
Hasan

It was a simple question in my last post so hardly worthy of a new thread when all that was needed was a simple yes or no plus an example - though I understand your reluctance to answer.

I cannot see in what way you showed I was wrong because I simply made a comment that linking a prophet and God as is common in Islam and it's prophet in terms of obedience is practically unknown in the Bible.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 11:15am

bunter, there is nothing different for a Muslim, we also love God, and purpose of our lives is to please our maker: "It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah fearing. " The Quran 2:177

For Christians the driving force is that God loved us first, while we were yet sinners. The ideas are summed up in the following verses.�

Titus 3:5 (AMP) "He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but because of His own pity and mercy, by [the] cleansing [bath] of the new birth (regeneration) and renewing of the Holy Spirit."

Matthew 22:37-40�(AMP) "And He replied to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (intellect).�This is the great (most important, principal) and first commandment.�And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.�These two commandments sum up and upon them depend all the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 5:44�(AMP) "But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Mark 12:28-34

28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which is the first commandment of all?" 29 Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.Exodus 20 This was the commandment.nothing about love and all that nonsense.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 2:19pm

So let me ask, can your prophet be wrong.

If the Hadiths can be believed than yes he did make a mistake, at least in one hadith he admitted about a mistake he made. It was about planting, or harvesting, something to do with farming. Than also, once he decided to make certain food as haram, in which his decision was revoked almost right away. It is recorded in Chapter 66.

O Prophet! why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee?, Thou seekest to please thy consorts? But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (66:1)
bunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 7:18am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

So let me ask, can your prophet be wrong.

If the Hadiths can be believed than yes he did make a mistake, at least in one hadith he admitted about a mistake he made. It was about planting, or harvesting, something to do with farming. Than also, once he decided to make certain food as haram, in which his decision was revoked almost right away. It is recorded in Chapter 66.O Prophet! why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee?, Thou seekest to please thy consorts? But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (66:1)

Interesting. How do you decide what to follow and what to ignore?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic