IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slavery  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slavery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 3:21pm

Patty,

You are an angel.

The post was directed to the gentle person who insinuated as if Child Labour is an integral part of Islamic culture. It was just to shake him up.

The good folks of the USA fought battles with their own bad folks. I am aware of that. Had they not done it, the US would not have been what it is today.

Thanks & Best Regards

BMZ

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 3:30pm

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 4:10pm

Sid,

From you: "No one has commented on the Sudan genocide.  I am waiting."

I did. I append below for an easy reference. According to US, only Iraqis should be able to manage their affairs. As such, only the Sudanese should manage that affair which is deplorable. Sudan has to handle it. Another alternative is that US takes this responsibility upon it's shoulders and goes into Sudan to save the people in the same manner as it saved the Iraqis.

By the way, is the Congress fully aware of the plight of the poor Sudanese people in Darfur. I shall be grateful, if the US goes in.

From you: "Second, about the genocide in the Sudan, I am struggling for an explanation as to why Muslim countries would bother to protest some Danish cartons, but not this black genocide commented by a Muslim country."

Janjaweeds in Sudan are exactly like the USA in Iraq, except they are black. This is a good lead for you to work on.

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 5:04pm

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 7:16pm

Here is an article on the situation in Dafur, and some of the agencies which are providing extremely urgent humanitarian aid to those who need it most.  I felt you may be interested.

Helping Darfur
Tonight on "360" we'll look at the human catastrophe that is taking place in Darfur, Sudan. Earlier today, John Roberts interviewed George and Nick Clooney after George spoke to the UN Security Council. We'll bring you that interview tonight.

We'll also feature an on-the-scene report about Darfur, where more than 250,000 men, women and children have been killed (some put the number closer to half a million). If you are interested in doing something about the situation in Darfur, here are a few organizations you might want to contact:

- UNHCR
- MercyCorps
- CARE
- World Food Program
Posted By CNN Blog Producer: 9:35 PM ET

May God help these suffering people....all of whom are His Children.
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by sgeorge5 sgeorge5 wrote:

Hanan, your mind is made up.  You do not want to be confused with the facts.  It does not matter what I say, you are going to have to research this yourself.  The first time I ran into this attitude was when I was discussing history with a Muslim, about what caused Genghis Khan to invade the Muslim world.  It happened to be the beheading of three of the Khan�s ambassadors to Samarkand.  That caused the Khan to come out of retirement to make war on Islam.  The person I was discussing this with did not believe it, flat out, did not believe it.  I am some what of an amateur historian and know what I am talking about, but realized that this man was going to have to discover this knowledge for himself.

All I say to an amateur historian to refrain from  creating  theories based on some friends who are not knowledgeable  in the subjects.

Genghis' military campaign just not covered Khwarzam territory but also China, Russia and parts of Europe and was a short lived empire. I consider it an addition to the Muslim's gene pool check that after the Mongols defeat at battle of Ayn Jalut,  whoever survived in the area became Muslim. Then their descendants produced  great  dynasties  e.g.  the greatest military commander Tamerlane and Babur and his Mugal empire you care to remember.

A good friend of mine is a Muslim, living in Hamburg, Germany.  He does not believe that man has landed on the moon.  He is going to have to discover that fact for himself.  I am told many Muslims do not believe that man has landed on the moon.  It is fact, but I do not want to waste my time with them. 

I won't worry about them,  as long as they don't end up believing in Santa Clause

told many Muslims that the Koran indorses slavery and have given them the same references given here.  But, will they read the Koran to check it out �NO.  Don�t believe me.  Don�t believe Al-Fawzan.  Check it out for yourself.  Make up your own mind.

You have been hung up on Al-Fawzan sitting in the US, what is the connection? Have you read the context of the revelations in Quraan?

I dare you read  LA Times  INVESTIGATION on GATES FOUNDATION and it's hypocritical philanthropic work in Africa and other parts of the world and respond.

No one has commented on the Sudan genocide.  I am waiting.

I have posted previously on this subject a while back.  Sudan is CIA's instigated,funded , perpetuated drama. The seeds  were sowed in early 70's.  There is no fix for it as long as there is some oil under Sudan soil and there are ignorant enslaved souls are to be killed. Who cares about the black African lives as long as the or US companies get the control of the black gold.

PATTY; U 2:

DON'T FORGET TO READ THE RELATED LATIMES ARTICLES STARTED YESTERDAY, THEY MIGHT SURPRISE YOU.

MONEY CLASHES WITH MISSION

DARK CLOUDS

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
sgeorge5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:15pm

OK, I�ve got some free time.

You have been hung up on Al-Fawzan sitting in the US, what is the connection? Have you read the context of the revelations in Quraan?

You are probably right about the hang up, but see below.  Give me the Sura and I�ll read it.

I dare you read  LA Times  INVESTIGATION on GATES FOUNDATION and it's hypocritical philanthropic work in Africa and other parts of the world and respond.

Ok, I scanned them and that seems like a new topic.

You are probably correct about Al-Fawzan not being that important, but tell me, how popular are the Wahhabis?  Do they represent 10% of Islam or 50% or what?  All of my Muslim friends have nothing good to say about them.  But the mosques in Houston and DC (the only mosques I have been in, one each) seem to have a lot of their writings.  

That did not work.  I have to attach a file.  How do I do that?  Windows XL will not let me copy and paste this scanned document by Al-Fawzan .  the part that guy is looking for is in Arabic.

sgeorge5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:57pm
Well, I have tried to paste or attach this heading (all in Arabic) to Al-Farzan's article, but I can not get it in here.  Give me your email address and I will email it to whom ever wants it.

Edited by sgeorge5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic