IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - America, the Disliked, but why so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, the Disliked, but why so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Patty, I should have known that you would just twist my words.  You insulted the people of this site by saying that it "bothered you". 

Herjihad, Honestly it seems you have taken this out of proportion and in your temper are twisting words of hers around. The "bothered you" you have completely missed patty' point.

This is the sentence of what was said:  There are MANY Muslims near where I live....we all live together peacefully.  We have no problems...that's one reason this site bothers me. 

In other words, The muslims she interacts at home with are different here on this site and are peaceful and tolerant whereas for this site patty experiences something else - the opposite and that bothered her for which she cannot figure out why the extreme differences.

You think Patty has been insulting perhaps you can check your words again.

Quote If I were a moderator, I would have banned you long ago for the way you insult the Muslims and friends of Muslims here.  What?  Muslims wanting a corner of the internet where they are not ridiculed for their faith and desire to live peacefully and garner support for issues we care about seems like to much for you?

with that attitude, you shouldn't be moderator.

Bismillah,

Not interested in moderating this board, chicita.  I have a busy life as mom and a wife.  And power corrupts, so I'm really not going there at all.  AstagfirAllah!

Nuf said. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:58am

Bismillah,

Right now the biggest crisis in the world, Brother Israfil, is that all of the Lebanese population has been attacked by the Israeli army which got its guns and money from our government.  We need to stop the attacks and insist on war reparations now.

The crisis in America of impoverished people continues.  Our lives are important.  We matter.  But most of us are not being attacked with guns every day and thrown out of our homes only to be bombed on the road of our escape.

America needs to reinvent herself.  Our people need help and attention.  Our money should go for healthcare, education and housing instead of bombing countries because they suit the financial interests of the rich and greedy of this world.

Did you hear the story of George Washington and Guyasuta?  It should make you think about things if you study it and think about it.  My people are to blame for your people's suffering. We need to stop sending bombs all over this world and correct the mistakes of our past and take full responsibility for our mistakes, past and present.

Institutionalized racism is the only thing you hate about America?  But that's a big thing.  A lot of people won't acknowledge that it exists.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 7:05am

I have a busy life as mom and a wife.

mom, wife?! when did that happened?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 7:42am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

I have a busy life as mom and a wife.

mom, wife?! when did that happened?

Bismillah,

Quite a while ago!

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 8:35am

Wa alaikum Salaam sister Herjihad, before I respond to you let me address Duende please:

Duende you laid out a few paragraphs on why you may dislike America, but let me ask you personally do you have a problem with America? Have you been to America? What was your experience? If you live in America has injustice been done to you?

Herjihad:

Sister I understand what you are saying and I agree that first the Lebanese situation should cease of course. I agree with you there! But sister Herjihad you also would agree that prior to the Lebanese situation there is a recurring problem that Islamicity.com does not always address: Darfur, Sudan. The problem is still ongoing. You think that just because there is a so-called ceasefire that the problems have stopped? Men are killed, the women are raped and the children sold into modern-day slavery. Also sister do you know that the government is using attack helicopters against the people?

I have so much to say against this form of bias media its ridiculous! With no offense to you sister Herjihad nor to any one of Arab descent but I firmly believe (which I find to be true in this case) that Sudan is not getting much covered because its Arab media. Not to mention since the Janjaweed is an Arab militia killing Black African it reflects somewhat not only on the culture but also on the Arab dilemma. I firmly think that Arab problems take prescedence over non-Arab problems-even if they're Muslim. Now I maybe wrong in my generalization now correct me please but I tend to find this true. Al-Jazeera for instance covers mostly problems going on in the Arab world, grant it, it does cover other problems ion the Muslim world but none takes prescedence over things dealing with Arab countries.

My theory from this, is that the psychological effect of more media coverage on Arab problems such as Lebanon etc the more sympathetic and empathetic Muslims are towards the Arab problem rather than the problems going on in the other world. Again I made the example of the strife going on in Africa long before the Palestinian/Israeli situation and nobody here chose to tackle that. We are talking about centuries old problems not just decades old.  Black African Muslims in Sudan in my opinion are perhaps the most underpriveledged and oppressed in the sense of longevity of injustice. However in the sense of measurement of pain and suffering no pain is greater than the next because they all amount to the same end: Suffering.

There is Jedi saying Master Yoda quoted, he said: "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:12am

My theory from this, is that the psychological effect of more media coverage on Arab problems such as Lebanon etc the more sympathetic and empathetic Muslims are towards the Arab problem rather than the problems going on in the other world.

I think that is the way humans are.. we are al lvery concentrated on our own issues and problems.  Plus with the fact that there is rascism, I cannot imagine that people are immune from these effects.

Lots of people also don't know what the answers are. Sudan, Somalia, Afganistan, these areas that have faced long-term conflict and turmoil face an uphll battle. 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Wa alaikum Salaam sister Herjihad, before I respond to you let me address Duende please:

Duende you laid out a few paragraphs on why you may dislike America, but let me ask you personally do you have a problem with America? Have you been to America? What was your experience? If you live in America has injustice been done to you?

Herjihad:

Sister I understand what you are saying and I agree that first the Lebanese situation should cease of course. I agree with you there! But sister Herjihad you also would agree that prior to the Lebanese situation there is a recurring problem that Islamicity.com does not always address: Darfur, Sudan. The problem is still ongoing. You think that just because there is a so-called ceasefire that the problems have stopped? Men are killed, the women are raped and the children sold into modern-day slavery. Also sister do you know that the government is using attack helicopters against the people?

I have so much to say against this form of bias media its ridiculous! With no offense to you sister Herjihad nor to any one of Arab descent but I firmly believe (which I find to be true in this case) that Sudan is not getting much covered because its Arab media. Not to mention since the Janjaweed is an Arab militia killing Black African it reflects somewhat not only on the culture but also on the Arab dilemma. I firmly think that Arab problems take prescedence over non-Arab problems-even if they're Muslim. Now I maybe wrong in my generalization now correct me please but I tend to find this true. Al-Jazeera for instance covers mostly problems going on in the Arab world, grant it, it does cover other problems ion the Muslim world but none takes prescedence over things dealing with Arab countries.

My theory from this, is that the psychological effect of more media coverage on Arab problems such as Lebanon etc the more sympathetic and empathetic Muslims are towards the Arab problem rather than the problems going on in the other world. Again I made the example of the strife going on in Africa long before the Palestinian/Israeli situation and nobody here chose to tackle that. We are talking about centuries old problems not just decades old.  Black African Muslims in Sudan in my opinion are perhaps the most underpriveledged and oppressed in the sense of longevity of injustice. However in the sense of measurement of pain and suffering no pain is greater than the next because they all amount to the same end: Suffering.

There is Jedi saying Master Yoda quoted, he said: "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Brother Israfil,

We must try to know as much as we can about geography and the people of the world and what is going on.  We can only try and we should try harder and more diligently.

For myself, I care very much about all of these things.  Darfur and Sudan would be easier to understand if someone came and posted things about them from their perspectives and the people who live there as well.

Ruwanda remains on my mind as an example of how evil people can be to each other and I would like to know much more about it.  There is a book by a survivor that I would like to read called "Left to Tell"

You quote crime statistics in LA.  You live in California.  Share with us things that come up there.  My husband lived in a little refugee town because the Israelis burned down his mother's village and killed many of the people there.  We are all interested in events going on with our families and friends.  Right now that same refugee camp is under siege, not last week, but today.  I read about it in Daniel's link.  There are little old women and men and children and young workers that I know and care about that are being attacked there right now.

I can't speak for others about their interest in LA or Darfur or Ruwanda, but I will learn as much as I can and take action in what I am humanly able.  What can we do to help in Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia right now?  Post things about it Brother.

Yoda -- cool little dude.

Salaamu Alaykum

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 1:54am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Bismillah,

Patty, I should have known that you would just twist my words.  You insulted the people of this site by saying that it "bothered you". 

Herjihad, Honestly it seems you have taken this out of proportion and in your temper are twisting words of hers around. The "bothered you" you have completely missed patty' point.

This is the sentence of what was said:  There are MANY Muslims near where I live....we all live together peacefully.  We have no problems...that's one reason this site bothers me. 

In other words, The muslims she interacts at home with are different here on this site and are peaceful and tolerant whereas for this site patty experiences something else - the opposite and that bothered her for which she cannot figure out why the extreme differences.

You think Patty has been insulting perhaps you can check your words again.

Quote If I were a moderator, I would have banned you long ago for the way you insult the Muslims and friends of Muslims here.  What?  Muslims wanting a corner of the internet where they are not ridiculed for their faith and desire to live peacefully and garner support for issues we care about seems like to much for you?

with that attitude, you shouldn't be moderator.

Bismillah,

Not interested in moderating this board, chicita.  I have a busy life as mom and a wife.  And power corrupts, so I'm really not going there at all.  AstagfirAllah!

Nuf said. 

lol, good evasion.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic