IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE: Angela’s Plan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RE: Angela�s Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:53am

There is not so much writings on the plan and Whisper goes to legendary ex-PM from a muslim country,brother this comes to me light and interesting and i wish you are not talking about one of my relative in Istanbul...it should be easy for me but i do not think he can help us with these few writings on our hands...more times needed,more works needed unless they will laugh at us with these accumulated workings most of them depends on chat type of writings...so early...do not give up your morals,keep on walking but so early...

Also Sister Amil's points are considerable,but i do not think that there are some spys' inside the board...

Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 2:21am

Well now, this IS interesting.  A couple of weeks ago I was called an "Evangelical", by the Green One, and now, I might be a "Spy"!  Come to Islamicity and you too can live out the fantasy of your dreams.

("Shunted to Oblivion": sounds like Fun. I love train journeys.)

What planet you on, amalhayati2?  Is that a nebula on your avatar?  That would certainly explain quite a lot to an amateur astonomy buff like me. A nebula, for those of you who don�t know, is what remains after a mid-range HR Diagram star has gone nova.  It's basically just a lot of gas and dust...hot air, I guess you could say.  Pretty, but not very substantial, unless you count potential....and I don�t see a lot of that here.....

From what I understand, various security agencies already do monitor this site.  If they don't, well, I think we'd all be a bit surprised, don't you?  (Hello Boys in Blue! Enjoy your coffee and double chocolate doughnuts, courtesy of IC and me, Cassie the Spy.) I think that the idea that a few people trying to come to grips with the horrors we face in the world today - on another Forum, may I add (wipe your glasses) - is hardly likely to topple Islamicity or be a threat to National Secirity: yours, mine, or anyone else's. Course, I might come by to haunt your dreams.....I'm known to do that. Islamicity survived the Green Posting Machine - no-body came to take her away, or put up those yellow plastic Don�t Cross strips - we had to organise a boycott to rid ourselves of her dangerous poison.  And where were you then, anyway?

What is the world coming to?

As for your snipes first at Whisper, and then at the rest of us trying at least to do something SMALL (see my signature at the bottom of this post, or did you forget to put your specs on LAST TIME?), your contempt is beneath my contempt.  And believe me, you couldn't top my contempt if you were on the ISS.

Most of you know that I try to be a voice of moderation here, but this amalhayati2 person has really got my Goat!

y ya est�

Suleyman, thank you so much for your consideration and at least for "checking us out".  Hope you enjoyed your ice cream, and since you removed your earlier post (why? It was sweet) I guess I�ll have to use these Emirates First Class Tickets by myself.  Pity, I was looking forward to your company I'll save you a seat anyway.

P.S.  Tough nuts are always the tastiest once you�ve boiled them down a bit!

P.P.S. I like your little girl. She is what we should be remembering, not our Egos.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.  Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797

Edited by Cassandra
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 3:22am

[QUOTE=ummziba]Beware all ye sailors, me thinks I hear the Sirens singing....    Ah yes, but I have a beautiful print of one of the Sirens in my living room....very erotic.

Where was I? 

Oh, yes: Whisper, when you post your plan you will remember to post it over at The Pond too, won�t you?

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Oh, yes: Whisper, when you post your plan you will remember to post it over at The Pond too, won�t you?

Hi,dear Cassandra,your existence in Islamicity will highly be appreciated,your accumulated experiences will bring us so many light inside the board,please let this request ok,we really want you to stay in the board and please accept it is a brother...

Note:we can't come to Pond as a reason also confessed by you that it is more silent than Arizona Valleys...

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 6:49am

I'm not labeling anyone as a spy. I wouldn't have the grounds for that. It's a figure of speach. I appoligize if it seems that way. I am concerned about these vague discriptions.

Behaviors like these bring attention and curiosity from national security agencies.  eveyone is attentive to internet spies or undercover agents on the world wide web.

i'd not want to be a continuous member of islamicity discussion forums if questionable behaviors like these persist. 

An advice from me is: you bring this plan to larger trusted professional organizations which are and have been consructing strategies to help our brothers and sisters overseas for years and you'll not only have the funds for your plan but also with it a strog backbone of support.

PEACE

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 7:44am

Don't be so paranoid.  Freedom of Speech.  This is a Think Tank operation that's goal is in the best interests of all.  Getting young American soldiers out of harms way and out of the way of the Iraqi civilian. 

I'm not afraid of George Bush's Homeland Security.  The Supreme Courts are slowly smacking his fingers and making him play fair with the trials. 

This isn't about him, Saddam or OBL.  This is about Nabiha Nisaif Jassim and her unborn baby, Hashim Ibrahim Awad, Abeer Qasim Hamza al-Janabi and the victims of Haditha.

Its about the Shiites murdered by the sunni insurgents for being "collaborators" with the invaders.  Its about the Sunnis murdered by Shiite death squads.  Its about finding a way for a people oppressed by on dictator after another and bombed over and over to be able to go to the market and not worry about dying.

(BTW, I'm posting a show I want everyone involved to watch on the Discovery Times channel if you have it.  I won't be able to see it unless my professor lets me out early, God Willing.)

Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:57am

[QUOTE=amalhayati2]Behaviors like these bring attention and curiosity from national security agencies.  eveyone is attentive to internet spies or undercover agents on the world wide web.

You point? I have answered this at length above.

i'd not want to be a continuous member of islamicity discussion forums if questionable behaviors like these persist. 

Questionable behaviours?  My friend, all behaviours should be questionable, and questioned....if they are not they become laws. Sometimes very unjust and unfair ones.

An advice from me is: you bring this plan to larger trusted professional organizations which are and have been consructing strategies to help our brothers and sisters overseas for years and you'll not only have the funds for your plan but also with it a strog backbone of support.

And just what have these "professional" (doesn't that mean someone pays them.?...forgive my ignorance) done so far?  We are talking about a(n) umbrella group (I hope) of non-professionable organizations or at the very least a grass roots voice with a new perspective.  We are fledglings, just learning to fly.  Willing to listen, WANTING TO LISTEN. Wanting to learn. You have a problem with this?

PEACE

That would be nice.

Moderators, this is exactly why the decision was taken to move the thread.  I have explained as fully, clearly, and concisely as I can in my message to Suleyman above (who at least had the good grace to check us out first before condemning us).  I only return to Islamicity because I find the discussions enlightening and being a student of light, how can I rfesist.  I have limited my posts to this thread only. And this time only posted because I hoped that our sincere attempts, small as they are, would be investigated y those unsure. We had TRULY, TRULY hoped for Muslim participation. We still do. This has nothing to do with religion or race.  This is about the future of humankind.  There is very little more I can, or will say on this.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:22pm

Some useful information can be a good example for your studies on the matter,at least a example from others who has entered on this way before....

Thursday, July 13th, 2006
Week Three, Day Two

By Celeste Zappala, Mother of Sgt Sherwood Baker, KIA 4/26/04 / Military Families Speak Out

Sue Niederer and I carrying large pictures of our lost sons stood with ten other MFSO members today in the hot bright light of the Capitol. The display of empty boots representing soldiers lost since June 15 has grown, and the shoes that stand for the Iraqi loses could never be large enough to convey the tragedy that has befallen Iraq's people.

Our band of family members and MFSO staff Nikki Morse stood throughout the boiling day and engaged tourists and hill staffers. Many gave us thumbs up, thanks and blessings. Some growled about freedom, some challenged our presence and one well dressed older gentlemen who told me he was former military and had "worked over there " insisted that the real solution was to "blow them all up", I told him that was probably not possible and perhaps there was a better solution somehow to the conflicts of the middle east, he nodded.

But perhaps the most disheartening encounters were with those who could not see us, young men and women dressed In full corporate armor on this hot day who walked past us with cell phones in ear -- briefcases and charts in hand -- on their way to lobby the congress. And to them we were obviously invisible. I could not help but think that as they strode those halls of power and wealth, other American young people were extinguishing in the brutal heat of Iraq, caught in the corruption of lies and betrayals that passes for policy in Washington today.

Georgia Stillwell finally received a call from Congressman Dennis Hastert's office granting her an audience tomorrow to talk about her son who is suffering deeply, emotionally after his "tour" in Iraq, and the fate of other veterans who return to empty vows of support. This meeting followed weeks of following "proper channels" with Hastert's office -- finally when Georgia's story appeared on the Michaelmoore.com site, along with the office phone number, the schedulers miraculously found time for Congressman Hastert to meet with the soldier's mother.

Small victories here in front of the Cannon building!

Stacy Bannerman and Sue Niederer brought two pairs of empty boots to the House hearing chaired by Conn. Rep. Christopher Shays -- strangely titled "the Evolving Strategy for Success in Iraq" A report from the GAO Controller Walker reported that the administration has been unwilling to estimate the future costs of the war, now running about 3 billion a week. He was criticized by Republicans for being negative. Rep. Dennis Kucinich passionately stated that US continues to make more enemies everyday. When a Democratic Congressperson asked incredulously how the Administration continues to reward contracts to companies who fail to provides services and are blatantly corrupt, Stacy and Sue were severely admonished for applauding. They did, however, escape arrest. Georgia and Celeste were not permitted into the hearing because they carried the pictures of Sue's son Seth and Celeste's son Sherwood, No dead soldier pictures were permitted in the hearings on success in Iraq.

Back at the boots display on the broiled street, we were honored with the visits of five Congressmen. First Congressional Representative Lewis of Atlanta came to talk with us and offer support, later in the day he brought three more southern Democrats to talk with us, meet family members and exchange thoughts. Gold Star Mom Summer Lipford from North Carolina was particularly grateful to see them. Late in the day Cong. Brian Baird of Washington state came by to tell us our display was powerful. He was glad we were there, but he declined to say he would offer any future votes against the funding of the war.

MFSO members were grateful to be joined by United Methodist pastor Andrew Weaver who arrived from New York to stand with our members and offer support and a compassionate ear to the stories we have to tell. Our witness is the real story. The anxiety that Mona Evans feels as she worries about her son in Iraq, the quiet determination of Gold Star Mom Tia Steele, Stacy's passionate work to ensure her husband's future, Al and Joan's absolute dedication to speaking the truth for their lost son, these are the stories we have to tell in front of the Cannon Building. We ask your prayers, your support, your presence- send the postcards to Congress, let them know you know what "stay the course" really means.

Celeste Zappala
Mother of Sgt Sherwood Baker, KIA 4/26/04
Gold Star Families Speak Out/MFSO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic