IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What BIBLE SAYS ABOUT PROPHET MUHAMMAD SAW  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What BIBLE SAYS ABOUT PROPHET MUHAMMAD SAW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 1:08am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin, Nur_Ilahi has shown you all the ten commandments in the Quran. You have, with your very brief passing remarks agreed to them except No. 3, 7, 9 and 10. Perhaps you disagreed with the Quranic commands. Or you have disagreed and explained the diversion (new version) of the commands according to the christians, and that only according to the YW's. ( Ya Huwa's Witnesses).

robin, Please remember that these are not just sentiments. There are much more commands in the Quran. Nur has only presented those which conform to the famous Jewish Ten Commandments, Otherwise there are more than 600 commands in the Quran, catering for the material and spiritual uplift of mankind. Those commands are for mankind for ever..

We beleive what Jesus the prphet said at:-

Matthew 22:36-40
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 He said to him: "�You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.� 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this, �You must love your neighbor as yourself.� 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets."

If we do this we do all that God wants us to do, as it sums up ALL of God's Laws.

Example, if you read the Ten Commandments the first 3 are about "Love" of Jehovah God and the remaing 7 are about love of "neighbor", thus fulfilling the God's Laws.

The principles of 3, 7, 9, 10  are what we as Christian try to live by also.

As regards 3 we stay closer to the Hebrew Bible and publish God's name -Jehovah- world wide as God told Moses to say to Pharaoh at Exodus 9:16:-

"But, in fact, for this cause I have kept you in existence, for the sake of showing you my power and in order to have my name declared in all the earth."

Edited by robin - 12 September 2008 at 12:27am
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 1:42pm

WHAT IS THE �NAME� OF GOD MENTIONED AT DEUTERONOMEY 18:19?

The following is an explanation of what is said about Deuteronomy 18:19 in the book �A Brief  Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam� on page 35 under the heading �A prophet like Moses� which reads:-

�Note that God has said in the prophecy of Deuteronomy: If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.� (Deuteronomy, 18:19).   This means that however believes in the Bible must believe in what this prophet say, and this prophet is Muhammad.

Is the conclusion that is stated in the last sentence correct?  It reads:-

�This means that however believes in the Bible must believe in what this prophet say, and this prophet is Muhammad.�

To find out we need to go back to what the Biblical text says, which is:-

If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.�

This quote above is taken form the �New International Version� of the Bible.  The King James Version (1611) of Deuteronomy 18:19 reads:-

�And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.�

Which is very similar in wording and thought.   So what does this verse say?    It is God speaking about the prophet to come �like Moses�, this prophet is spoken of at Deuteronomy Ch. 18 verse 15 which reads first from the:-

New International Version

�The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.�

King James Version

�The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.�

We see again that in both versions of the Bible it reads much the same.   So let us look at what verse 19 of chapter 18 of Deuteronomy says, using the quoted verse from �A Brief  Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam� on page 35, which is from the �New International Version� of the Bible:-

If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.�

This verse makes four points,  a) God�s words are to come,  b) via �the prophet�  c) �the prophet� is to speak in God�s �name�  d) if �the prophet� is �not� listened to, God will hold an accounting with those who do not listen, this last point is a warning from God that he will punish them!  What do the four points mean?

Points a, b, and d, are easy to understand, God will use his prophet to send his message to mankind explaining his will for them, which they will either obey and reap blessing from God, or disobey and suffer the consequences of their actions and God�s displeasure.

Point d, is interesting as it says �that the prophet speaks in my name.  We should ask what is that �name,� as it is the �name� of the God of Moses, so to find what that �name� is we will look as something else Moses wrote.

In the King James Version of The Bible at Exodus 6:2-3 we read what Moses heard God say of himself:-

�And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:   And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.�

The �New International Version� of the Bible� renders the same verse as:-

�God also said to Moses, "I am the LORD.  I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.�

Notice that the �New International Version� leave out the �name� �Jehovah� and substitutes the word �LORD� instead, why is this?   The introduction of the New International Version Study Bible on page xii it explains:-

�In regards to the divine name YHWH, commonly called the Tetragrammaton, the translators adopted the device used in most English versions of rendering that name as �LORD� in capital letters to distinguish it from Adonai, another Hebrew word rendered �lord� for which small letters are used.  Where ever the two names stand together in the Old Testament as a compound name of God, they are rendered �Sovereign LORD.��

Whereas the King James Version uses the divine �name,� instead of �LORD,� in one of the two places, were it appears in theses two verses.   The correctness of the King James Version using �Jehovah� is show proved by James Strong�s Hebrew Dictionary which states on �Jehovah�:-

"No.3069  vuvh  Yehovah, yeh-ho-vee�; from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God :- Jehovah,  the Lord. Comp. 3050, 3060."

Other Biblical texts where God�s name JEHOVAH� can be found in the Kings James Version of the Bible are Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2 and 26:4.  Further to the above is this comment by D.B.J. in his book �The Old Testament for Modern Readers�:-

�Of all the words for God Jehovah, �or Yahweh� is the only one which is a proper name�

So we see that the �New International Version� hides the fact that God has a �name� whereas the �King James Version of 1611� uses the �name� �Jehovah- thus showing that �the prophet� of Deuteronomy 18:15 would come in the �name� of �Jehovah.�  Muhammad did not do that, so how can he be the promised �prophet�?

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 12:05am
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

WHAT IS THE �NAME� OF GOD MENTIONED AT DEUTERONOMEY 18:19?

The following is an explanation of what is said about Deuteronomy 18:19 in the book �A Brief  Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam� on page 35 under the heading �A prophet like Moses� which reads:-

�Note that God has said in the prophecy of Deuteronomy: If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.� (Deuteronomy, 18:19).   This means that however believes in the Bible must believe in what this  prophet say, and this prophet is Muhammad.

Is the conclusion that is stated in the last sentence correct?  It reads:-

�This means that however believes in the Bible must believe in what this prophet say, and this prophet is Muhammad.�

To find out we need to go back to what the Biblical text says, which is:-

This quote above is taken form the �New International Version� of the Bible.  The King James Version (1611) of Deuteronomy 18:19 reads:-

�And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.�

Which is very similar in wording and thought.   So what does this verse say?    It is God speaking about the prophet to come �like Moses�, this prophet is spoken of at Deuteronomy Ch. 18 verse 15 which reads first from the:-

New International Version

�The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.�

King James Version

�The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.�

We see again that in both versions of the Bible it reads much the same.   So let us look at what verse 19 of chapter 18 of Deuteronomy says, using the quoted verse from �A Brief  Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam� on page 35, which is from the �New International Version� of the Bible:-

This verse makes four points,  a) God�s words are to come,  b) via �the prophet�  c) �the prophet� is to speak in God�s �name�  d) if �the prophet� is �not� listened to, God will hold an accounting with those who do not listen, this last point is a warning from God that he will punish them!  What do the four points mean?

Points a, b, and d, are easy to understand, God will use his prophet to send his message to mankind explaining his will for them, which they will either obey and reap blessing from God, or disobey and suffer the consequences of their actions and God�s displeasure.

Point d, is interesting as it says �that the prophet speaks in my name.  We should ask what is that �name,� as it is the �name� of the God of Moses, so to find what that �name� is we will look as something else Moses wrote.

In the King James Version of The Bible at Exodus 6:2-3 we read what Moses heard God say of himself:-

�And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:   And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.�

The �New International Version� of the Bible� renders the same verse as:-

�God also said to Moses, "I am the LORD.  I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.�

Notice that the �New International Version� leave out the �name� �Jehovah� and substitutes the word �LORD� instead, why is this?   The introduction of the New International Version Study Bible on page xii it explains:-

�In regards to the divine name YHWH, commonly called the Tetragrammaton, the translators adopted the device used in most English versions of rendering that name as �LORD� in capital letters to distinguish it from Adonai, another Hebrew word rendered �lord� for which small letters are used.  Where ever the two names stand together in the Old Testament as a compound name of God, they are rendered �Sovereign LORD.��

Whereas the King James Version uses the divine �name,� instead of �LORD,� in one of the two places, were it appears in theses two verses.   The correctness of the King James Version using �Jehovah� is show proved by James Strong�s Hebrew Dictionary which states on �Jehovah�:-

"No.3069  vuvh  Yehovah, yeh-ho-vee�; from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God :- Jehovah,  the Lord. Comp. 3050, 3060."

Other Biblical texts where God�s name JEHOVAH� can be found in the Kings James Version of the Bible are Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2 and 26:4.  Further to the above is this comment by D.B.J. in his book �The Old Testament for Modern Readers�:-

�Of all the words for God Jehovah, �or Yahweh� is the only one which is a proper name�

So we see that the �New International Version� hides the fact that God has a �name� whereas the �King James Version of 1611� uses the �name� �Jehovah- thus showing that �the prophet� of Deuteronomy 18:15 would come in the �name� of �Jehovah.�  Muhammad did not do that, so how can he be the promised �prophet�?

robin, you were doing very well upto a certain point. I have colored that part red. I do not know that Jesus preached anything in name of Jehova. And your insistance on the name of God (yehova) is wrong. It is not the purpose of the verse Deut 18:19 that you are taking. The verse is teling that the prophet will have messages from me and will deliver those messages coming from me in my name, means he will speak and tell that it is from God. He will speak in the name of God that these are messages from God.

That is exactly what happened with Muhammad. Every revealed chapter (except one) begins with the word " In the name of God, the Beneficient, the Merciful". The word used for God is Allah. It means the prophet will not speak for himself but he will speak for God. That is also in accordance with the prophecy of Jesus in John who said "He shall not speak for himself but what so ever he shall hear, that shall he speak."

So you are wrongly using the name of God in these verses. When it says that He shall speak in my name, it means he shall speak in the name of God and not in his own name or capacity.

You have got an entirely wrong notion about the God having a name and He telling His name and then you have built a whole wrong religion on just a name of God. We have many names of God. There are 100 names and Allah is one personal name.

You are trying to push a cart for nothing. That is the name of the God of Moses. So what is the name of the god of Issac or Abraham? It is a useless effort.

robin, please tell me who is that prophet of Deut 18:18? Please tell who you think is that prophet. Do not give a long lecture. Just tell me his name please.

Edited by minuteman - 25 September 2008 at 7:36am
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 10:46am
 robin, please tell me who is that prophet of Deut 18:18? Please tell who you think is that prophet. Do not give a long lecture. Just tell me his name please.

Jesus Christ; the Greatest Jehovah's Witness to walk the face of the Earth!
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 7:04pm

To Robin

May peace and blessings of Allah Almighty be on all of you

Firstly,we donot need to prove prophecy of Prophet Muhammad with the help of Bible due to its textual problems.

Secondly,its not very clear that Deut.18:18 is speaking about Prophet Muhammad or Prophet Jesus.

Here is wonderful 80-page article by brother Human Hassan on this topic by the name of The Hidden Truth

I hope these above information will definitely help you.

Thanks all  of you.

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

To Robin

May peace and blessings of Allah Almighty be on all of you

Firstly,we donot need to prove prophecy of Prophet Muhammad with the help of Bible due to its textual problems.

Secondly,its not very clear that Deut.18:18 is speaking about Prophet Muhammad or Prophet Jesus.

Here is wonderful 80-page article by brother Human Hassan on this topic by the name of The Hidden Truth

I hope these above information will definitely help you.

Thanks all  of you.

Here are various texts from the Gospels on what they have to say and to show in support the above, ref. Deut 18:15 & 18:-

Luke 7:16

�Now fear seized them all, and they began to glorify God, saying: �A great prophet has been raised up among us [the Israelites],� and, �God [of Moses] has turned his attention to his people [the Israelites],�.. . .�

Luke 24:19

"And he said to them: �What things?� They said to him: �The things concerning Jesus the Nazarene, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people;"

John 1:45

"Philip found Nathanael and said to him: �We have found the one of whom Moses, in the Law, and the Prophets wrote, Jesus, the son of Joseph, from Nazareth.��

Jesus said at John 5:46

�In fact, if YOU believed Moses YOU would believe me, for that one wrote about me.�

John 6:14

"Hence when the men saw the signs he performed, they began to say: �This is for a certainty the prophet that was to come into the world.�"

ROBIN

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 2:47am
[QUOTE=robin] robin, please tell me who is that prophet of Deut 18:18? Please tell who you think is that prophet. Do not give a long lecture. Just tell me his name please.

[/QUOTE

Did Jesus speak in the name of God or in the name of Jehova?? Did he say "Your God says......"??? Did he say "Jehova says...."

Where it is in the bible NT please? It should be every where in the bible in every line. Please answer my two questions above. I follow the normal KJV version of bible NT which must be at least 300 years old version, I hope.

Please do not entangle me with any long lecture. I have read the bible NT and I never saw any Jehova there.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 5:14am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

[QUOTE=robin] robin, please tell me who is that prophet of Deut 18:18? Please tell who you think is that prophet. Do not give a long lecture. Just tell me his name please.

[/QUOTE

Did Jesus speak in the name of God or in the name of Jehova?? Did he say "Your God says......"??? Did he say "Jehova says...."

Where it is in the bible NT please? It should be every where in the bible in every line. Please answer my two questions above. I follow the normal KJV version of bible NT which must be at least 300 years old version, I hope.

Please do not entangle me with any long lecture. I have read the bible NT and I never saw any Jehova there.

The reason that it seems most unusual for the name "Jehovah" to appear in the Christian Greek Scriptures is that, for centuries, it was thought that this name did not appear in the Septuagint Version (O.T. in Greek) of the Hebrew Scriptures (O.T.) used by Jesus and his apostles. But more recent discoveries definitely prove that the Tetragrammaton did appear in the Septuagint in those times. Thus Professor Howard of the University of Georgia states: "We know for a fact that Greek-speaking Jews continued to write [the Tetragrammaton] within their Greek Scriptures. Moreover, it is most unlikely that early conservative Greek-speaking Jewish Christians varied from this practice. . . . It would have been extremely unusual for them to have dismissed the Tetragram from the biblical text itself." So he concludes: "Since the Tetragram was still written in the copies of the Greek Bible which made up the Scriptures of the early church, it is reasonable to believe that the N[ew] T[estament] writers, when quoting from Scripture, preserved the Tetragram within the biblical text. On the analogy of pre-Christian Jewish practice we can imagine that the NT text incorporated the Tetragram into its OT quotations." Professor Howard also notes that when the Tetragrammaton (the four letters for God's Name JHVH) was removed from the Septuagint it was also removed from the quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures appearing in the Christian Greek Scriptures.    This change evidently took place at the beginning of the second century C.E. There is no question that the name Jehovah does belong in the Christian Greek Scriptures, as we find it in the New World Translation and others.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic