IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - S. Korean hostages beaten for Christ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S. Korean hostages beaten for Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Tom123 Tom123 wrote:

Was that supposed to be funny?

These South Koreans were serving Afghan people, not US soldiers. There is no proof they were aiding the occupiers or even the Afghan government.

Yes it is funny that a bible thumper like you and your ilk who have  caused so much misery in that part of the world and still continue to believe that they are serving people acting as morons.

What a concept to carpet bomb a country from 50000 feet and then send some naive Koreans NGOs as aid workers missionaries in disguise?

Just because Colin Powell said something, it must be true?

You have no authority to challenge his justification and definition of the NGO concept cuz you are a nobody in this cyberspace as compared to him so far the subject is concerned.
His former employer has continued to use NGOs as surrogates in their  worldwide operations not that this has alleviated the rampant misery they continue to cause.

Then I'm assuming you also believe there were WMDs in Iraq, eh?

This is like comparing apples with oranges, you don't need to make an ass of yourself unless you would like!
He lied to the world on behalf of his boss and for the money he was making and that he was some Christian
You need to pray for him and see he doesn't land in your hell!

Do you believe that aid workers in Iraq and Afghanistan from Islamic Relief and Red Crescent are 'US lackeys' too?

They are not NGOs system funded by the Uncle Sam or it's lackeys!

What about Margaret Hassan (from CARE)? She was 'fair game' you say? Did she deserve the buller that her kidnappers shot into her head?

You are showing your pathetic side by bringing in Mrs Hassan in this.
How can you compare her who was an Iraqi citizen with those Korean missionaries?
You country was partner in crime to convert Iraq into a slaughter house where the invaders are living in so called green zone so they can get their hands on what is under the slaughter house. What do you know about shame after this?
No body has found out why anybody would kill Marg-- where even Zarqavi asked for her release!
As a  rule of thumb all the heaths and misery is on the invaders tab and you are a prty to it so far I am concerned. You cause the crash you pay for all !

Your comment about these people coming to Afghanistan for hasheesh or opium is quite frankly, sickening and disgusting. You are demonizing people who went and gave their lives to serve and try to help these suffering people. Shame on you.

I will pray that God opens your eyes.

Cristo Vive!
        - Tomasz

When you learn the true meaning of  SHAME & PRAYER
Do it for Ted Haggards and Larry Craigs and all the chld molesting priests and rather tell them Christ lives; don't need your belly aching over here you knucklehead!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 2:49pm

If you can provide me any evidence whatsoever that these people were there bribing anyone or serving US forces or defending or supporting the 'war on terror' please show it to me. 

Im saying  EVEN IF they were not doing anything bad except trying to convert people, even then that would be a great help to the occupation forces because the occupation forces are "Christian". So the fact is they were helping the occupation one way or another.

So... if their goal was just to spread Christianity, they could have done so in their own country where 70% are none-Christians. Why fly all the way to Afghanistan in the middle of a war? Just to convert people? I dont think so, since they still had a lot of converting to do in their own country and then their neighbouring countries and also many other countries that are not in the middle of a war between Muslims and Christians, and many countries where people are suffering from poverty more so than in Afghanistan.

Hence, even if we assume that they were just trying to convert people, they were still helping the occupation, and it seems that was their goal or else they would have tried to convert the remaining 70% of their own people instead.

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 2:57pm
Sign_reader,

Please calm down.  There is no need to fly off the handle.  Tom is a good friend of mine, and while we don't always agree with each other, I know that he is a good person and has always spoken out against the injustice caused by the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and has always condemned the Christian extremists for their support of those wars.  The South Koreans claim that they went to Afghanistan to help the people of Afghanistan, not to convert them.  If they are lying, then shame on them, but there is no reason for us to doubt them.  We can't prove that they had some sinister motive, because we cannot read their minds.  What is the sense, then, in making claims about some covert evangelizing mission?  Regardless of their motives, was it right to kidnap them and beat them for refusing to convert to Islam?  The Taliban have not denied any of the accusations made against them, to my knowledge.  Beating people into accepting Islam is not how the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) went about it.  The Taliban were wrong.  They were also wrong in murdering two of those people.  Regardless of what those people were doing there, there was no excuse for murdering them.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Tom123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 2:59pm

Was that supposed to be funny?

These South Koreans were serving Afghan people, not US soldiers. There is no proof they were aiding the occupiers or even the Afghan government.

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Yes it is funny that a bible thumper like you and your ilk who have  caused so much misery in that part of the world and still continue to believe that they are serving people acting as morons.

What harm have I caused in Afghanistan? You don't know anything about me.
   I was against the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, I have spoken out against them, I have helped organize people to attend peace rallies and information sessions about the war crimes carried out by the Americans and their allies (including Canada). I have had my phones tapped for helping organize a letter writing campaign against the deportation of a man from our city to Syria where he would have been tortured. I've set up petitions to bring attention to the massacre of Muslims at Andijan, Uzbekistan and had people sign and write to Ottawa asking that our government stop supporting Karimov.

So go ahead, throw your accusations and mockeries, they reflect nothing but your ignorance. You know absolutely nothing about me.

What a concept to carpet bomb a country from 50000 feet and then send some naive Koreans NGOs as aid workers missionaries in disguise?

So you think they were sent by the US Military? Are you out of your mind??? Do you think they would have been so easily captured then???
   If you have any evidence that these people were working for the occupation, prove it. Otherwise stop flinging mud.

Just because Colin Powell said something, it must be true?

You have no authority to challenge his justification and definition of the NGO concept cuz you are a nobody in this cyberspace as compared to him so far the subject is concerned.
His former employer has continued to use NGOs as surrogates in their  worldwide operations not that this has alleviated the rampant misery they continue to cause.

Which NGOs? Do you have any proof that these people were working for the Americans? You don't.

Then I'm assuming you also believe there were WMDs in Iraq, eh?

This is like comparing apples with oranges, you don't need to make an ass of yourself unless you would like!

You say that I dare not challenge Powell's statements about NGOs because I'm a 'nobody' in cyberspace. Then who are you to challenge him? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

He lied to the world on behalf of his boss and for the money he was making and that he was some Christian

First of all, Bush is as much a 'Christian' as the janjaweed death squads in Sudan are 'Muslim'. They aren't. Second of all, I don't dispute that Colin Powell is a liar.

You need to pray for him and see he doesn't land in your hell!-

He can only be saved from Hell if he repents for all the suffering and misery he caused through the wars he helped start and turns to  Jesus. Sure, I can pray that happens. But it's up to him to repent for his inhuman cruelties and turn to God.

Do you believe that aid workers in Iraq and Afghanistan from Islamic Relief and Red Crescent are 'US lackeys' too?

They are not NGOs system funded by the Uncle Sam or it's lackeys!

Neither were the South Koreans. And remember, you said that according to Colin Powell's words, NGOs are fair game. So that means that Islamic Relief and Red Crescent are 'fair game'.

What about Margaret Hassan (from CARE)? She was 'fair game' you say? Did she deserve the buller that her kidnappers shot into her head?

You are showing your pathetic side by bringing in Mrs Hassan in this.
How can you compare her who was an Iraqi citizen with those Korean missionaries?

Because like them she dedicated and gave her life by serving people made victims of war.

You country was partner in crime to convert Iraq into a slaughter house where the invaders are living in so called green zone so they can get their hands on what is under the slaughter house. What do you know about shame after this?

That's why I was, am and will continue to oppose its complicity and support of US imperialism. What country do you live in, btw?

No body has found out why anybody would kill Marg-- where even Zarqavi asked for her release!

Her murder was an act of horrific savagery. No less than the murder of the South Korean aid workers. No less than the crimes of the invading occupying forces.

As a  rule of thumb all the heaths and misery is on the invaders tab and you are a prty to it so far I am concerned. You cause the crash you pay for all !

How am I a party to it? Because I live in Canada? Where do you live? What are you doing to oppose the injustice?

Your comment about these people coming to Afghanistan for hasheesh or opium is quite frankly, sickening and disgusting. You are demonizing people who went and gave their lives to serve and try to help these suffering people. Shame on you.

I will pray that God opens your eyes.

Cristo Vive!
        - Tomasz

When you learn the true meaning of  SHAME & PRAYER Do it for Ted Haggards and Larry Craigs and all the chld molesting priests and rather tell them Christ lives; don't need your belly aching over here you knucklehead!

Not worth responding to.

Cristo Vive!
       - Tomasz

Edited by Tom123
Tom123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Yes there is nothing wrong with peaceful protest. But you know these people may do more good if the peacefull, with civil disobedience protest their government's policies. Really the harm these foreign nations are donig in Afghanistand and Iraq is immense. AS they say, fix your government. Tell them to get out. They should protest arms sales.

And exactly what "huamitarian" aid were they doing? Anything can be claimed under such a title. Dod you know the US government has been known to send CIA people through the Peace Corps.  

Hi Hayfa,

We agree that protesting against our country's policies when they cause injustice and suffering (an example the 'war on terror') is a necessary form of action we need to take. I have opposed my country's role in the bloodshed in Afghanistan, and am vocal against the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq. USA and its allies (along with the Taleban, Saddam, and Iraqi 'insurgents') will stand before God and be punished for the Satanic cruelties they have inflicted on the people of Afghanistan and Iraq.

I believe that aid work too is necessary. Both our actions on the streets of our capitals and their actions in these wartorn countries are meant to save lives. I have nothing but respect and admiration for them. God bless them for the work they do

More on the aid workers.

As to the nature of the trip,

The people taken hostage in Afghanistan were on a popular kind of tour in which church groups go on short, nonevangelical aid trips. (emphasis added be me)

As to the specific type of work they were doing, they were working with children and supplying medicine to people. They went to organize "medical activities and activities for children," according to Kim Hyung-suk, president of the Korean Foundation for World Aid, which organized the trip.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110010420

I have heard of the use of the Peace Corps by the US government, but it is important to keep in mind that most of these volunteers were not spies, it was a few 'plants' and you can't blame all or most of their volunteers for the actions of a few. I read in an article in The Independent that some Iraqi doctors would co-operate with Shia death squads and provide them with lists of Sunnis to kill. So are all Iraqi doctors bad or not to be trusted? Of course not!

Lastly, there is no evidence or anything to suggest that this group of people were allied with or working for the occupation forces, if you can find such evidence please present it.

Cristo Vive!
     - Tomasz

Tom123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 6:24am

If you can provide me any evidence whatsoever that these people were there bribing anyone or serving US forces or defending or supporting the 'war on terror' please show it to me. 

Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Im saying  EVEN IF they were not doing anything bad except trying to convert people, even then that would be a great help to the occupation forces because the occupation forces are "Christian". So the fact is they were helping the occupation one way or another.

The occupation forces are not Christian, neither in name or in nature. America is going in as a secular Western 'democracy', not a 'Christian nation'. Yes, George Bush may claim he is a Christian. But he doesn't even claim to be there to spread Christianity, but according to him, democracy.

True Christians are not allies of the occupation of Afghanistan. Jesus orders Christians to love our enemies, bless those who hate us, do good to those who hate us, and pray for those who mistreat us. Even if the people of Afghanistan who our countries are murdering were guilty of oppressing us (they aren't, it's the other way around) we wouldn't be able to wage war against them.

Jesus calls on us to be peacemakers, and to go out of our way to help people who are hungry, naked, imprisoned (oppressed), homeless. The war in Afghanistan (as every other war) does the complete opposite. War turns the Kingdom of God upside down. Instead of loving their enemies, people kill them. Instead of being peacemakers, they howl for more killing. Instead of aiding the poor, they make their lives worse- because it is always the poor who suffer most because of war.

The 'war on terror' is not supported by most Christians, but by a small and vocal minority in the States who is financially powerful and whose voices most often get heard on the airwaves. The Southern Baptist Convention and some evangelical and pentecostal churches supported the invasion of Iraq, for example, as did Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and Anne Coulter. They got a lot of airtime, definitely.

At the same time, the World Council of Churches, a coalition of churches with a combined membership of b/w 350 to 450 million Christians from over 100 countries condemned the war. Both the Anglican and Catholic church leaders also condemned the invasion of Iraq. Somehow their voices were barely heard, at least in the United States media... I wonder why. Maybe because they were the Christian ones.

... if their goal was just to spread Christianity, they could have done so in their own country where 70% are none-Christians. Why fly all the way to Afghanistan in the middle of a war? Just to convert people? I dont think so, since they still had a lot of converting to do in their own country and then their neighbouring countries and also many other countries that are not in the middle of a war between Muslims and Christians, and many countries where people are suffering from poverty more so than in Afghanistan.

First of all, they were not going to Afghanistan to convert people. And Christ did not say that Christians should focus more on some people and less on others in need. Jesus in fact said that He is present in the hungry, the imprisoned, the homeless, the poor (Matt 25:31-49). What we do to them we do to Him.

Did you know that Islamic mission groups operate in North America and South Korea? According to your logic, should they not be in Muslim countries helping their own poor people and fighting against their unjust and corrupt rulers? Should we tell them to leave all of the non-Muslim countries and go back home and convert everyone there to Islam and solve all of their problems back home before they show their faces in non-Muslim lands? And then let's say why not kidnap a group and shoot one or two to make an example of them? And when the rest are released, how about if we mock them for not staying in their Muslim countries and demonize them for coming here and claim they're supporting Osama bin Laden- like you are claiming these South Koreans were supporting the Americans.

How well do you think that would go over on this thread? How would you respond?

Well, this is the same kind of attitude you are showing towards the South Koreans. They went to Afghanistan to help people, and they were punished for doing so, by both the Taleban and now their own society.

Hence, even if we assume that they were just trying to convert people,

Not even that is true, unless you understand doing aid work as a Christian to be 'converting people'. If that is the case, then Red Crescent and Islamic Relief are 'converting' people too.

You could say they were being witnesses to Christianity and by their actions representing the faith, but I wouldn't use the word converting.

they were still helping the occupation, and it seems that was their goal

They were not doing anything to help the occupation. Even if they were converting people, that wouldn't be of much help to the occupation since Christianity opposes war and injustice.

You have yet to prove how helping the occupation forces was 'the goal' of the Koreans. So far I've seen a lot of speculation and not one bit of any evidence either backing up your earlier claims they were bribing people or that they went to support the American or Coalition forces.

or else they would have tried to convert the remaining 70% of their own people instead.

We are called to be witnesses to Christ wherever we go. There are South Korean missionaries and Christian aid workers who are at work in South Korea as well, don't worry about that.

Cristo Vive!

- Tomasz

Tom123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 6:30am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Sign_reader,

Please calm down.  There is no need to fly off the handle.  Tom is a good friend of mine, and while we don't always agree with each other, I know that he is a good person and has always spoken out against the injustice caused by the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and has always condemned the Christian extremists for their support of those wars.  The South Koreans claim that they went to Afghanistan to help the people of Afghanistan, not to convert them.  If they are lying, then shame on them, but there is no reason for us to doubt them.  We can't prove that they had some sinister motive, because we cannot read their minds.  What is the sense, then, in making claims about some covert evangelizing mission?  Regardless of their motives, was it right to kidnap them and beat them for refusing to convert to Islam?  The Taliban have not denied any of the accusations made against them, to my knowledge.  Beating people into accepting Islam is not how the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) went about it.  The Taliban were wrong.  They were also wrong in murdering two of those people.  Regardless of what those people were doing there, there was no excuse for murdering them.

Hi islamispeace,

It's great to hear a Muslim voice on this thread speaking out against injustice and the demonization of innocent people who risked and gave their lives to serve those to whose plight so many in the world have closed their eyes to. Even though I am not a Muslim I know that your faith does not advocate injustice. Thank you.

Cristo Vive!
     - Tomasz
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 8:34am

Tom123 the thing you must realize is regardless how you feel, majority of muslims are skeptical of missionaries regardless whether their intentions are good or otherwise. There have been "good christian folk" who has called muslims "devils and needed to be saved" kind of similar to that of the African slaves in the 1600 when they arrived on the shores of West Virginia of course not making this a race issue but to show you that good peacekeeping missionaries have been acting for God since the 1600's.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that let's say these individual acted out of pure good intention without the intent to convert my question is who knew they were Christian? Couldn't they keep their belief private knowing the cultural sensitivities there? Unless their beliefs were forced out by the Taliban captors, I don't see it necessary for them to reveal their beliefs.

Contrary to what you think Tom123 (although you make it sound like Islamispeace is the only muslim who speaks out against injustice) I think its wrong to kidnapp anyone unless during a time of war and the captors are part of an established army. The Taliban, in my opinion are outlaws, savages, and cowards. I however don't support them but at the same time the Korean missionaries or any missionary need to have some type of rational judgement when it comes to helping others (but the subtle message is to convert the muslim heathens).

Tom123 you must als understand that we (at least I myself) am skeptical on why you are here. I have been here as you may know, since '03 and have seen people come and go and have seen missionaries of all kinds come here and preach the "word" without even trying to get to know Islam. It is obvious that you have no intent to at least know Islam. It is obvious as it is indicated in your writings that you don't even hold Islam as an Abrahamic faith nor do you agree with its tenents because, they don't reflect yours of course the same can be said about Judaism but that is pointless now.

My main concern in this situation are the people in those regions who need adequate attention. Frankly they don't need to hear about Jesus they need to hear about whether their lights are going to come on and the other biological necessities humans need. If missionaries want to impress me have the bog wig Christians donate the millions of money they steal...err...I mean get from their churches and donate it to the U.S. military so they can speed up the process of building facilities that serve the people.

Tom123 you have indicated that your intent is indeed selfish not purely altruistic especially when you talk about where you're going after you die. I mean, how confident can you be? So you can imagine that same cockiness you have the missionaries that go to these 3rd world countries and preach to the poor. I wish I can be that confident in my destination.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic