IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - creation never happened!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

creation never happened!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 4:46pm
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." -Einstein

"I cannot believe that God would choose to play dice with the universe."
"Two things inspire me to awe -- the starry heavens above and the moral universe within ."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Einstein

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/6072/1einstein.html

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 2:36am
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

"E tu Bruto" It, in fact, means: "You too my son"?

I can't say that to you peacemaker you are far ahead of me in spiritual knowledge and in matters of the Deen.

My friend, responding to anything that happened merely as a FogTrick is a bit sad. You know what fog means, but if you are not aware of what trick stands for then, please, PM me and I will tell you in confidence. 

what the heck is a fogtrick?

didn't read the words to PM whisper, if ya wanted to know in bold brown letters  

is it that much of a secret?  what could it possibly imply that we haven't already openly implied about the ludicrousness in this dude's accusations? 

i don't know

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Amalhayati

--"The quran is a book of science, it is a book of Law, it is a book of everything.  Everything big and small is mentioned in it."--

By the size of the collections of hadiths I doubt that Muslims find everything in the Quran.

-- "you say that there's no evidence in science that man was made from clay?? --

Historians know that religions borrow from each other. Man made from clay is a famous myth you can find in Babylonian and Greek mythology for example. It was borrowed by the Bible, then by the Quran. You learn that at school when you study Middle-Eastern civilizations.

I mentioned the verse where heaven and earth can talk. I did not hear a scientific explanation about that.

Well, i guess this 'famous myth' was justified to be famous since now even science has confirmed this phenomenon to be accurate!  

Heaven and earth can talk just as much as any other living creation can talk but in different communications that we are incognigent of.  since they don't speak your human language doesn't mean cats don't talk, birds don't talk, or elephants don't talk.   they're all types of communication. 

have you heard an elephant talk?  studies show that elephants communicate to eachother in such high pitch sounds that are inaudable to human ears.  if you didn't hear them, does that mean they don't talk?  if you don't understand their language, is that cause for neglegence?   not at all.

besides, the only 'talk' the heavans and the earth do that we are incapable of hearing is rememberance of Allah; ie. 'Glory be to Allah.'  this is information that Allah has given us for our references- no more no less.  

you and i are finite individuals that cannot compete with the infinite knowledge of the universe.  the more one knows, the more they learn there's so much out there that they don't know.

so don't give me that silly tea pot in space scenario... that's pathetic and only the ignorant would come up with such a thing.

Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:18am
Amalhayati

You are right we are "finite individuals that cannot compete with the infinite knowledge of the universe".
But God has given us the gift of reading and a book to read from, the Quran.
He could have written it in the language of the angels and have it deal with angelic matters.
But he did not and wrote it in Arabic for us to understand it. So when he writes that heaven and earth can talk, it is in a way of talking which is not alien to us.  
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:30pm

Darwinism is full of problems. 

An unknown biology student was sponsored by the slave traders of the day, just to establish that they were not capturing and selling off human beings - but something in the "in between" stage of evolution.

We must all thank FogTrick for standing up as a living sample of growing out of monkeys, no problem, nothing is evr perfect, at times, we do get left a bit half-baked in any process.

Have patience, my friends, I promise, he will grow almost human, in around 684,735 years. 

Patience is the answer.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

My friend, responding to anything that happened merely as a FogTrick is a bit sad. You know what fog means,

I love to read this kind of discussion even when either side miss the mark. So please avoid making the poster identity as the topic.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by fogtrik fogtrik wrote:

Humans and modern primates have a common ansector about 30 million years ago, Mitochondrial DNA mutations and pseudogenes prove this. 

The online dating began around twenty years ago and this article has conform your proof as far as the eye can see. We are only 20 years apart.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2317714

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 9:17am

Andalus,

Perhaps we are working from different definitions and views of the word evolution. 

Evolution to me is the process of something adapting over time until it no longer is the thing it started out to be. 

Example the Hyracotherium, a small dog like creature that stood only two feet tall.  This creature over time adapted to changes in the environment, ecosystem and climate to become our modern horses. 

Now, many of the varieties of Horses are from selective breeding done by humans, but we are only capitalizing on an ability already found in nature.

Does this mean that the Hyracotherium was a cosmic accident or part of God's greater plan?  An Athiest would say that the Hyracotherium was just an accident of pure Evolution from no divine origin.

I argue that the Hyracotherium was part of God's plans to bring forth the Horse which has been a blessing to mankind.  God/Allah is a creator.  Do we believe his creation of this world ended?  No of course not. 

So perhaps its that we are on different pages when it comes to the term Evolution. 

The black man developed darker skin to adapt to the intense sunlight and protect from skin cancer.  The Scandinavian peoples are fair because they had less sunlight and colder temperatures so they had to be able to absorb more from the sun. 

For me Adaptation and Evolution are the same.  The Theory of Evolution as presented by Darwin is false in its basic need that there was no creative force controlling things.

I can believe in dinosaurs and evolution and still believe in creation.  I just don't believe in the literalist view of creation that many religious people do. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
  Share Topic