IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic and Christian Similarities?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic and Christian Similarities?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 9:13pm
Hi Oneway,
strangely enough to whom you are calling God, according to the same Bible have a God, to whom he worshipped, called for help and returned.
We know that God does not have a God. God does not worship to another God. And God does not born or die.
The Bible shows all the proof that Jesus had a God to whom he worshiped and called God, seeked help from Him, acknowledged His power over All, and that without help from God he could do nothing.
And that is the correction God did show humanity through Quran, so we all can have a chance to the truth and toward salvation.

Luke 18:19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
Luke 23:47Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.

Luke12:8"I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. 9But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. 10And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

I have more quotes in my  Bible study notes but I think these are sufficient for now.
May God of Jesus, God of Moses, God of Abraham, God of Mohammed (pbut) guide you and us all to the truth, Ameen.
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

OneWay View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneWay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 8:03am
honeto

You are giving the Jehovah witness argument.  Their theology is just as false.  The problem is you don't understand what christians believe.

Jesus was both 100% man and 100% God.  Jehovah witness will go through the bible and point out scripture that say Jesus was a man.  Mormon go through the bible and point to the scriptures that Jesus was God. 

You can go through the bible and point out every verse that says Jesus was a man and it confirms what christian theolgy says. 

Yahweh and Allah are not the same God.  Christian theology says Allah is a false god.  Allah had no son, Yahweh did. 

The dead sea scrolls are dated 200 B.C. to 68 C.E./A.D. The dead sea scolls contain all the books of the old testament except for the book of esther.  The dead sea scrolls confirm the accuracy of the old testament. 

Psalms 110:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." 

Isaiah 9:6  For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

I can give many verves that confirm Jesus is God.   The bible tells us that Jesus is God, The Holy Spirit is God, and The Father is God. The Bible says God is one.  
         Jehovah witness, Mormon, Unification Penticostals  try to explain God and create false doctrines.  Christianity does not try to change the bible to create a theolgy. Christianity  use the term Trinity to explain what the bible say.           

Edited by OneWay - 10 December 2009 at 8:04am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by OneWay OneWay wrote:

honeto

You are giving the Jehovah witness argument.  Their theology is just as false.  The problem is you don't understand what christians believe.

Jesus was both 100% man and 100% God.  Jehovah witness will go through the bible and point out scripture that say Jesus was a man.  Mormon go through the bible and point to the scriptures that Jesus was God. 

You can go through the bible and point out every verse that says Jesus was a man and it confirms what christian theolgy says. 

Yahweh and Allah are not the same God.  Christian theology says Allah is a false god.  Allah had no son, Yahweh did. 

The dead sea scrolls are dated 200 B.C. to 68 C.E./A.D. The dead sea scolls contain all the books of the old testament except for the book of esther.  The dead sea scrolls confirm the accuracy of the old testament. 

Psalms 110:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." 

Isaiah 9:6  For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

I can give many verves that confirm Jesus is God.   The bible tells us that Jesus is God, The Holy Spirit is God, and The Father is God. The Bible says God is one.  
         Jehovah witness, Mormon, Unification Penticostals  try to explain God and create false doctrines.  Christianity does not try to change the bible to create a theolgy. Christianity  use the term Trinity to explain what the bible say.           

Oneway,
you are right I don't understand what Christians believe. But you  know I don't have the fault, Christians themselves don't understand it neither, at least that's what has been my observation all along!
And how can someone be right when they say God came on earth as a man. If its a man its not God, if its God its not a man or anything else. How can some be right that says God died! Don't you know why God is God, because God does not die, nor was God born. These are not religious but just common sense questions not rocket science my friend.
Take the path of simple, clear, and true wisdom. God is not born, nor God dies. And God don't share godhead with any of His Creation. And all that there is other than God the Creator, is God's Creation. Jesus was born , he was a man, a prophet of God, a servant of God, a creation of God. Creation and Creator are not equal, how hard is that to get?
By the way, you are invited to take the path of logic, reasoning and truth only to benefit your own self into the light! or....you choose your destiny. If its not based on truth logic and common sense don't expect much of it, as you would do here (in this life).
Take Care and may God, the Forgiving and Mercyful forgive us our mistakes.
I invite you to read Quran, even if you say you have. Read it again after purifying yourself, and its simple truth will reveal and touch your senses, mind and heart. And don't let that light evaporate away from you due to imposed feeling. Absorb it and it will bring peace to you.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 16 December 2009 at 8:32pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

OneWay View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneWay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2009 at 1:27pm
Honeto, 

If I ask you do you believe Allah is present in Mecca.  If I then ask you is Allah present in at all the mosques when muslims are praying.  If your answer is yes, could you please explain how this is possible if Allah is one. 
      No one can comprehend God.  If you could understant God, you would be God.  In all eternity we will never comprehend God. 

You said "Don't you know why God is God, because God does not die, nor was God born." According to you, their are limits to what Allah can do.  According to the Bible, nothing is imposible for God.

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 2:40pm

honeto

If the Dead Sea Scrolls are so accurate, can you please explain why one of the scrolls contains a noncanonical psalm?  Scroll 11QPs contains a psalm which is not found in the official canon.  Where did it come from then?

Concerning Psalm 110, it has been interpreted in different ways by Jews.  None of the interpretations believes that the "lord" in the psalm is the Messiah.  The Targum actually state that the psalm is speaking of David (pbuh).  The Talmud, on the other hand, states that it is referring to Abraham (pbuh).  The Gospel of Matthew was the first text to claim that it referred to the Messiah.  That is not surprising since it tries very hard to interpret the Old Testament in the light of Christian theology. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:02pm

Honeto, 

If I ask you do you believe Allah is present in Mecca.  If I then ask you is Allah present in at all the mosques when muslims are praying.  If your answer is yes, could you please explain how this is possible if Allah is one. 
      No one can comprehend God.  If you could understant God, you would be God.  In all eternity we will never comprehend God. 

You said "Don't you know why God is God, because God does not die, nor was God born." According to you, their are limits to what Allah can do.  According to the Bible, nothing is imposible for God.

Oneway,
you just showed how much understanding you have about Islam.
God is the Creator of All, a tiny microscopic creature to billions years apart galaxies. You don't seem to comprehend that!
God is not confined to one place as you naively demonstrated in your example above.
Our abilities are limited, and God is not expecting anything more than what we are not capable of demonstrating. And no one has claimed here to know God in the sense you are suggesting.
We are expected to know God in according to our capacity. We are smart when it comes to money and material, and play dumb when it comes to God!

I am not putting limits to what God is capable of, as you are saying.
I actually put it in simple words. God is Creator, everything other than God is His Creation. If you draw a line and put Creator on one side and the rest on the other side, you will safe yourself from a lot of trouble my friend.

It is people like you who say why God cannot come on earth as a monkey? why God cannot come on earth as an elephant? Why you disagree with them and expect to be agreed with when you make a similar claim that God comes as one of his created being? Its not rocket science, nor too much for a human brain to handle, simple question. Using capabilities given by our maker  it is not hard to figure out right from wrong unless one has other motifs and is a disbeliever in God, truth and God's accountability, who knows everything we do, and everything we think and intend!
Only God is God. What is created or born is not God, simple as that.

3:59
(Y. Ali) The similitude of jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 21 December 2009 at 8:09pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic