IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does God Exist ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes God Exist ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:09am
He is contradiction in motion.......
unity1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

Well thats what you say. But as a scientist, the evidence for the Unseen is basically lacking. People like Harun Yahya are doing a disservice. The Muslim world needs more scientists. I think that religion is based on FAITH. But Science is based on empirical evidence. Anyways, its nice to see that you have lots of faith in religion.

Islamic beliefs are explicitly based on rationality and evidences that makes Islam a true religion,as far as Science is concerned, it is only a study based on experimental investigation and you cannot claim that Science is perfect since Science is not able to prove several things beyond this materialistic world.
Even in this materialistic world,their are some phenomena that science is not able to explain ,for example:

1)why does a person fall in sleep only during night time?

2)Why does person feel happy and sad?

3)Which day comes first, monday or sunday?

Their is no such competition and conflict between Modern Science and Islam since it has revealed the truth about Universe which was unknown several centuries ago.

Regards,    

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:40am

Erm - I can fall asleep at ANY time of the day. As can most of my friends.

We're always too tired.   

Kim...

Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:00am
Who says Modern Science supports Islamic theology ? Let me ask you this question : Was Adam a.s. created in Heaven or was he evolved from apes ? In any case, where is the evidence supporting the existence of the Unseen ? Where ?
unity1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:08am

Kim,

It is something natural that after lot of mental or physical work, the body of a person needs some rest and to make oneself rest, a person falls in sleep but generally the normal timings of sleeping is at night,people donot generally sleep at day time. Only those sleep at day time who work late night.
But if you notice ,you will realize that a person who sleeps during day time but works during night time is much lazy ,and mentally disturbed as compared to normal people who work during day time and sleep during night time since God has created day for work and other activities but night for sleep and any person who does reverse ,does not live a normal life.

Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
unity1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

Who says Modern Science supports Islamic theology ? Let me ask you this question : Was Adam a.s. created in Heaven or was he evolved from apes ? In any case, where is the evidence supporting the existence of the Unseen ? Where ?

Is their any explicit evidence that Adam(pbuh) evolved from apes? Do you have any evidence that Adam(pbuh) was produced not created?

I hope this question helps,

Regards,

Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:31am

Yes - we have evidence from Evolutionary Theory which itself rests on much evidence. Fossils, DNA, zillions of observations etc. Look - why don't you read some textbooks on Evolution and some of the books written by Biologists responding to the Creationist claims. There are many. If you are interested, I can even recommend some to you.

And what about the Unseen ? Where is the evidence for the Unseen ?

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
ramadan k View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 6:39am

i personally feel this question rather perplexing. In my opinion however, i do not believe in the PHYSICAL existence of God, but i do belive in the heaven and hell. I believe that God exists in our hearts, but different people believe different things.
Greetings,

Ramadan k 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic