IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what you live for?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what you live for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Since I was a little girl, Allah, The Most Loving, encouraged me to believe in Him, guided and protected me.  Sometimes I didn't listen, and I fear that there will be other times that I don't because humans are so imperfect.  I live for listening to my All-Knowing Lord.  Right now that involves providing for my family by being there and listening to them and guiding them and by earning money to support them.  That is my jihad.

BarakAllah fik beloved sister,

Surely, this is one of the greatest and hardest jihads.  My Allah guide you, protect you, and make it easy for you and your family.

Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

I just would like to say that I come from the West like you and religion will help you but it does not mean that all your problems will disappear.

You always have to find yourself. Life is an education process and the point of life is the search for God and for yourself.

Sometimes, we think that the goal in this life is some kind of illumination and then, that's it, this is the end. But this is only the beginning. The goal of this life may be the search itself.

Salam Alaikum sister,

You are most definitely speaking TRUTH!!

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Since I was a little girl, Allah, The Most Loving, encouraged me to believe in Him, guided and protected me.  Sometimes I didn't listen, and I fear that there will be other times that I don't because humans are so imperfect.  I live for listening to my All-Knowing Lord.  Right now that involves providing for my family by being there and listening to them and guiding them and by earning money to support them.  That is my jihad.

BarakAllah fik beloved sister,

Surely, this is one of the greatest and hardest jihads.  My Allah guide you, protect you, and make it easy for you and your family.

Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

I just would like to say that I come from the West like you and religion will help you but it does not mean that all your problems will disappear.

You always have to find yourself. Life is an education process and the point of life is the search for God and for yourself.

Sometimes, we think that the goal in this life is some kind of illumination and then, that's it, this is the end. But this is only the beginning. The goal of this life may be the search itself.

Salam Alaikum sister,

You are most definitely speaking TRUTH!!

Bismillah,

Gee, thanks, Brother K! Jazzak Allah Khayr.

I agree Sister Muslima's comments are poignant and wish many people would take them to heart.  When people look for something so hard, they often don't see what they have in front of them.  But the way you put it, Sister Muslima, was absolutely excellent.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Paradise is a reward, not a goal.  The goal is obedience and faith in God.  The Goal is to be his faithful servants.  If we succeed with those goals, then we will have Paradise.  If we fail, then we won't.  But you cannot do something for the reward.

You shouldn't return the missing wallet for the $250 reward, you should do it because its the right thing to do.

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Angela,

I agree that  it is most noble to have motivations such as you elucidate here.  But it is permissible in Islaam to be motivated by the goal of Paradise as we are very weak creatures, and sometimes that is all some of us can see.  Al-Hamdulilah, Allah is the Most Merciful, for our sad human nature needs such extensive Mercy!

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:25pm
ya, i don believe that we live to get into paradise. in fact it's again the decision of God, no matter how much we try. and, only God knows what's right to do and what's wrong. again the fact is, the right thing is the thing which God approves(i wouldn't return the wallet if i learn it's money was gonna be used for a drug/or else).

i like the only point sis Angela's put, to please your Creator. all the things God ordered or offered us to do are for us ourselves, for our moral and physical health.
God creates this world for our use, and creates that world for our joy again(paradise, for those who follows God's books). so i think if one is the true believer there stays nothing to worry about. he is doing his best sincerely in his faith, following his Book, relying on his God.
what you eat for, what you discuss here for, what you try to be good for, what you try to make the better next generation for, what you try whole your life to learn for, all i think is for God to be pleased by what we do... obeying His orders, following His offers.

any other comments?

Edited by schwester
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Paradise is a reward, not a goal.  The goal is obedience and faith in God.  The Goal is to be his faithful servants.  If we succeed with those goals, then we will have Paradise.  If we fail, then we won't.  But you cannot do something for the reward.

You shouldn't return the missing wallet for the $250 reward, you should do it because its the right thing to do.

Allah is not in need of the creation, the creation is need of Allah !

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 1:58am

MashAllah Salman, this is so true!!!

I would like to say also that when I syudied phylosiphy and Kant more particularly, he wrote something extremely interesting! He said we are humans and no human can do good just for the sake of the good. This is impossible, otherwise, we would think we are more than humans, StafAllah!

We all feel a feeling of well-boing when we do a good deed, therefore, this is a reward in itself. We also do it to feel good, and so we do not do good just for the sake of good, with absolutely no personal interest at all.

But Allah wants what is good for us, so so this is normal that we humans feel good when we do good.

Does that make sense? I love phylosophy! We should all read Kant!

Salam

Allah Ou Akbar!
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:08am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

i sort of understand where you coming from sister muslima but i agree totally with sister angela and i think that is the final goal, pleasure of our dear Lord, im sure you must have experienced that some times in life you have to make difficult dicissions and some times they hurt but you make em cos they right by Allah swt and when you out of that situation your heart gets filled up with pleasure that inshaAllah our Lord with me pleased with me cos i put Him first, thats the pleasure which is worth striving for, but as sister herjihad wrote that in islam we are allowed to go for the reward as Allah swt being Most Mercifull knows that He made us weak being and we are materialistics,

there is a saying of a sahabi (ra) that our deeds can never weigh enuf to enter us into paradise they are mean to get eligible for Allah swt's Mercy and thats what will put us in heaven inshaAllah

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:14am
I completely agree with you Fatima!
Allah Ou Akbar!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic