IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ever wonder why?muslims only plz  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ever wonder why?muslims only plz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 8:11am
Originally posted by USA1 USA1 wrote:

Soso,

I guess if the world doesn't agree with Muslims, they have be quiet, or risk hatred or death, right?

That's pretty much what I hear you saying here.

Maybe you should restrict this forum to only Muslims if you want that sort of thing.

Hopefully, you don't speak for all Muslim on this forum.

USA1, this is not an interfaith site, this is a Muslim site.  So yes, if you don't agree with them.  Be quiet.  You would hate it if someone came into a Christian site and started preaching hellfire to the Infidel.  You'd also have a fit if someone came to a USMC forum and started calling them baby killers.  Leave.  Even the Christians that come here in learning and peace don't want your kind around.  You, John, Kday...you can all go....we do not have a peanut gallery here, this is not Mystery Science Theater, nor is it a forensic debate forum.  This site is here for Muslims and some non muslims to learn and share in the beauty of Islam.  Its not an opportunity for those like you to come in and spread hatred, prejudice, and discord.  Its not a place for you to preach the Christian gospel, convert the heathen or express your neo facist views. 

USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 1:00pm

***USA1, I don't know why you and some other are reading hate into the original post.  Maybe it would help if you said why you think it is filled with hate instead of simply accusing it of being that way.  This is an Islamic forum which is open to non-Muslims but all who come here must follow the forum rules.  Sister Khadija***

I beg to differ, It says nothing on this site about "Muslims ONLY" so get off you high horse, you are no better or worse than anyone else.

If you can't take any criticism the, you need to learn some tolerence.

Maybe that is the REAL issue for some.

I am commenting on the topic that has hatred in it by Soso and I didn't post it.

I am not trying to preach anything. I come here to understand Islam. You are not helping.

Because I have not posted many, does not mean I have not been reading. There is plenty of hate posted here and not only by non-Mulsims.

So I guess in your words, the only ones who can speak hate is set up here for Muslims ONLY, right?

Edited by Khadija1021
They just don't get it!
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by human human wrote:

If you didn't notice, that original post was full of criticism of non-muslims.

it maybe criticism but don't you think there is an element of truth there ?

Is it true that a nun is perfectly fine and without restriction is able to be covered head to toe but there is criticism if a muslim does the same, or wears just the hijab but wears western clothing still being covered. ??

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 7:56pm

***Human, the forum rules clear state that is it not okay to insult any religion here.  Sister Khadija***

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

If you didn't notice, that original post was full of criticism of non-muslims.

it maybe criticism but don't you think there is an element of truth there ?

I said some of the characterizations of muslims was wrong. I also say, there is hypocrisy in the world, including when the muslims are at the receiving end.

Just because it is an Islamic site, doesn't mean that I can't express my non-islamic opinion here. It may even be criticism of the prophet and Quoran. I believe I have always kept my tone civil and matter of fact and never resorted to ad-hominem attacks on anybody. From my perspective, all holy books have faults, including my own (Hindu). They all have some amount of wisdom which we can use, and at least some foolishness. Just because they have been classified as holy by somebody, doesn't mean you have to accept them as THE only source of truth. My criticism is about all such books, and I specify Quoran here only because this site is Islamic. I would say the same thing about Geeta on a Hindu site and about Bible on a Christian site, and Torah on a Jewish site, and unlike here, majority on other sites would at least partially agree with me.

Regards,

Human

Edited by Khadija1021
Peace be on all mankind, past, present and future
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 10:26pm

***Forum rules forbidd the use of profanity even it is disguised.  Please see rule #3.  I know you are upset by what is going on here but Inshallah you will not do that again.  I will try to straighten out some of the problems that have arisen during the time we had no moderator.  But remember, Allah said to be patient even in times of chaos.  Sister Khadija***

I would say the same thing about Geeta on a Hindu site

Then why you are here?

Edited by Khadija1021
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 10:58pm

Dear ak_m_f,

It is not your personal web site that you ask me to leave. So typical.

Regards,

Human

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 10:59pm

Dear ak_m_f,

It is not your personal web site that you ask me to leave. So typical.

Regards,

Human

Did I said it was my personal site?

What I meant was that: If you dont like Islam ****** then leave.

Edited by Khadija1021
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 11:05pm

If you continue to listen to only those people who agree with everything you say, you will get bad advice. At least once in a while, listen to the dissenters. I repeat, it is not that I don't like Muslims. There are a significant number of Muslims in India and I have many good friends. I intend to develop good undertstanding the culture and the religion. It can only be done through a dialog, and though I have stated some negative things on this forum, that doesn't mean that my intention is to slander. If you believe in order to be on this forum, I have to only say that are palatable to all the members on this forum, then I am sorry, I don't operate that way. I will call a spade a spade.

Regards,

Human

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic