IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JE SUIS CHARLIE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JE SUIS CHARLIE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 3:09pm
We all know that "Freedom of Speech" argument in the cartoon case is not true. In 2009 the same publishing company fired a cartoonist who offended Jews with a cartoon they considered anti-Semitic. Killings are unjustified but so are the insults. Why you cannot question or deny holocaust in many of the countries talking loudly about freedom of speech? Why you cannot insult the queen or the royal family in UK?
Top level of hypocrisy.
You teach your kids and family to respect others and not to through insults at others. Where is that basic teaching among the civilized now? Selling magazine through insulting others is no less than prostitution, just want to make a money regardless what you sell for it, even your body or soul.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 20 January 2015 at 3:12pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 11:06am
Holocaust is a historical fact, deniers do this with obvious intentions. Historically it is also a  heavy weight which is sometimes difficult to handle, especially for the Germans.

I do admit that there is only a thin borderline between the two but this is also where culture and history comes in.

Many non-Muslims consider Mohamed as a merely historical person and even as a rather shady one (like it or not). Honestly, would you get excited about somebody taking the mickey out of  Xerxes ?

You reserve yourself the right to say: "My prophet is great !"
I reserve for  myself (and others) the right to say "Pff !" on this subject.
Is this a good reason to kill me (or you) ?

and for the Queen: Ask the English

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 21 January 2015 at 1:46pm
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Yes indeed. As soon as a white person is killed you lot are ready to exterminate the whole world. Sad really. Isn't it?

If that is your genuine thought, then that is incredibly sad.
You seem to have bought into a far worse case of character assassination than anything you've accused the western media of bringing against Islam by its narrow focus on the negative.

The whole panoply of humanitarian aid and peacekeeping goes for nothing. The Red Cross, Medecin Sans Frontieres,
Alan Henning a British aid worker who had volunteered as a driver with a group of Muslims to get ambulances and supplies into Syria. Kidnapped and killed by ISIS.

Oh yes, he was clearly out to exterminate the whole world. The millions marching against the first gulf war, them too. And the millions in France standing in silence were somehow at the same time baying for unrestricted genocide.

Your hypothesis simply does not stand.

Chris
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Isn't it amazing that the US drones kills hundreds of people in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc on a daily basis and then a white European is killed and the whole world is up in arms?Yes it truly is amazing.

I see, no response, just a side-step.
I'll take that as significant.

Personally I consider US (and secondarily UK) military policy in the middle east in the last twenty years to have been ill-conceived and a disaster.
The biggest protests ever seen in the UK were against the invasion of Iraq "the second gulf war" (how did you feel about the first one, by the way?)

The drones?   Controversial, but understandable.
An asymmetrical response to asymmetrical warfare.

Hundreds a day?   I'd need a source on that. You seem almost to be falling for your own propaganda. Dangerous, that.
A recent proposal that 95% of the victims of Islamic extremist attacks were actually Muslims got some critical critical examination as it seemed overdone. The conclusion was that 95% was not impossible and that 90% was quite likely. People who consider themselves Muslims killing people who consider themselves Muslims.
Focussing on "the west" is missing the biggest part of the current problem. Syria, Libya, Iraq, Pakistan...
That one or both sides of any particular clash might consider the other "not truly Islamic" is part of the problem, not some sort of solution or way to dismiss what is happening. There is hardly a shortage of sincerity on every side. Being confident (yes, up to and including utterly certain) and being sincere, separately or together are no reliable assurance of being right, though subjectively they are often taken to be.
That's a tragedy.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

We all know that "Freedom of Speech" argument in the cartoon case is not true. In 2009 the same publishing company fired a cartoonist who offended Jews with a cartoon they considered anti-Semitic.

Fired.  Not murdered.

Quote Killings are unjustified but so are the insults. Why you cannot question or deny holocaust in many of the countries talking loudly about freedom of speech?

Because it's a lie.  Freedom of speech does not include the freedom to tell lies.

Quote Why you cannot insult the queen or the royal family in UK?

You can.  I see silly cartoons featuring the queen all the time.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 6:22pm
As a Muslim:

1) I am offended by insults to Prophet Mohammad or any other Prophet.
2) I am more offended by the murder of innocent people (including a Muslim policeman), in the name of Islam.

I AM NOT CHARLIE, nor do I stand with the magazine. However, I do stand for their right to free speech, even if it offends me.
Respectfully
aka2x2
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

As a muslim:
2) I am more offended by the murder of innocent people (including a Muslim policeman), in the name of Islam.

Greetings aka2x2,

This addresses a question for me that I was having earler;
Can, and do, muslims see non-muslims as innocent people being killed?

Can muslims agree that there are innocents being killed around the world... both muslim and non-muslim?  Or do they (must they), think that only muslims are innocent?

asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2015 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

We all know that "Freedom of Speech" argument in the cartoon case is not true. In 2009 the same publishing company fired a cartoonist who offended Jews with a cartoon they considered anti-Semitic.
Fired.� Not murdered.
Quote Killings are unjustified but so are the insults. Why you cannot question or deny holocaust in many of the countries talking loudly about freedom of speech?
Because it's a lie.� Freedom of speech does not include the freedom to tell lies.
Quote Why you cannot insult the queen or the royal family in UK?
You can.� I see silly cartoons featuring the queen all the time.

Ron,

here is my response to what you answered:

1- Fired not murdered.
Correct, and I agree that murder was wrong and unjustified and I stated that. Now, how come a cartoonist who insults Jews get fired as a punishment so no one will repeat such a mistake. While the one who insults Muslims does not get fired, instead get a pat on the back to say the least.

2- In answer to my comment that it is a crime to question or deny the holocaust you said: "Because it's a lie. Freedom of speech does not include the freedom to tell lies." I am not sure what you mean that it is a lie? Let me get this straight, a group of people who in order to get a better understanding, want to investigate or look deeper into the history of holocaust, you are calling it "a lie"?
It is like making investigation or further study of the Kennedy murder case illegal! You know that is a shame. People study all sorts of past world events to know better the facts. Why is this one off limit? Is there anything that worries them that might come out to be different than what the world has been told? I cannot believe it is coming out of your mouth Ron.
3-On the Queen and Royal family insults, I could not get a verification of my claim, but did the Royal family not sue the newspaper that published Kate's topless photos?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic