IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which offends you more?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which offends you more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 1:30am
Hello everyone.

Sorry to read that the discussion board is dying. Hope it is not suffering from any fatal morbidity.

I have really been thinking regarding the 'IS' title to this terrorist group and how should we muslims react.

Reading Tim's responses what I could think if us a rather funny example.

You see, my son has a terrible handwriting, and when I tell him he should improve, and practice etc, he tells me there are few kids in his class who write even worse.

I think its high time muslims faced the fact that these barbarians ARE calling themselves muslims, committing henious crimes in the name of islam, and accept that if Christians killed in 17th centuary in the name of jesus or jew killed in 2014 the name of Zion, does not free muslims of their responsibility towards this planet we cohabit.

It is not Islam or the Quran responsible for what they are doing - but muslims are.

In a prophetic tradition we are told that the Quran is either a witness for us or against us.

Those who have claimed innocent lives in the name of Allah, Allah will soon make it clear to them. They will know and the Quran will stand as a witness against them.

However, we as muslims have a responsibility towards world peace and safety of our children's future. We need to think and come up with solutions for peaceful and respectful co-existence.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 10:52am
Good post Nausheen.  Nice to see you around.  Smile

I was recently put in mind of the following thought;
Christians crushed the Inquisition...
now will muslims crush ISIS (or IS as it is now called)?

asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 7:09pm
Thank you Caringheat,

My passtime of late is Jordantimes.com - thru their news I gather their country is posing a brave fight. also several muslims countries are supporting them.

Let us hope for the best.

regards,

[/COLOR]
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 3:51am
Nausheen, nice to hear from you again. As long as peace-minded Muslims do not accept that the Quran too shares the responsibility for what IS or Boko Haram is doing, we won't find a path toward peace. Our only chance is a new interpretation of the Quran, which reflects the level of human civilization of the 7th century, but not the level of the 21st century.
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 12:58am
Matt, a new interpretation of the Quran should also come from someone who is well versed in it. And how do you know people have not done this already.
However I dont think the interpretation should be formulated on the popular demand like the new world view of almost everything today.

If misinterpretation of Quran has given birth to Boko Haram and ISIS I do not agree the verses of the Quran are to be blamed - rather I blame the people whose method of interpretation is wrong.

Otherwise, one might as well say their intent was well meaning, but, only if the Quran did not have in it this verse or that verse, they would not have gone astray.

[/COLOR]
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 7:30am
IMHO you need a reinterpretation of the hadith, not the Quran.  You need to recognize that the hadith were never intended to be preserved for all time and were never intended to apply to modern Muslims.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 10:47pm
Thank you for your comment Ron.

Did you know that the deviants became deviants thru the route you suggest. They trashed hadith on their way while going astray from Islam.

The pious are tolerant and easygoing towards others, while being strict with their own Islam they stick close to the hadith as well as Quran.

You don't have to agree with me, but muslims need to go back to their roots in order to get back on track. However, there is a hadith that says this religion began as a strange thing (ie to most people the idea of monotheism and other teachings, as they were being revealed was a strange phenomenon), and towards the end of times it will again be a strange affair (ie if you are on the right guidance you will be considered strange).

Edited by Nausheen - 10 March 2015 at 10:49pm

[/COLOR]
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Did you know that the deviants became deviants thru the route you suggest. They trashed hadith on their way while going astray from Islam.

You call it deviant; I call it progressive. Wink

Interestingly, The Saint has just responded on another topic explaining that a hadith forbidding the eating of donkey meat was a temporary ban, not meant to apply for all time.  And of course you are aware of the several hadith which forbid the writing down of hadith -- again, allegedly not meant to apply today.

It seems like whenever Muslims find a hadith inconvenient, they label it as "temporary".  Why all the special pleading?  Isn't it more reasonable to acknowledge that all the hadith were just temporary?  If it was an essential part of Islam then it would have been in the Quran.  God promised (6:38) that He left nothing out.  Why don't you believe Him?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic