IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Kingdom Of God  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Kingdom Of God

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 11:42am

Considering I've never seen Bridget Jones...I'm sure I don't know what you are rambling about Community.

If you want to know what I believe in rent Saints and Soldiers, Deacon is like me.  Or the Work and the Glory...

Don't judge me on Hollywood filth.  I don't live in that reality.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:25pm

Saint and soldiers, ok. We bought that movie and i liked it, although very simplistic to think the jew was actually serious in what he said. My wife wishes to adopt a child and we both do not give a hoot about the verdict of these so called islamic scholars. We know right from wrong and good from evil, we are not that morally bankrupt that we need religious scholars to differantiate between good and evil. The koran does not forbid taking care of orphans, it even has verses concerning their rights, so the notion amongst these braindead muslims who think a scholar can save them from hell should not even be an issue, and certainly not a ground to judge muslimeen by.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:27pm

Deacon wasn't a Jew....Deacon was Mormon.  How do I know?  The film was made in Alpine Utah....in my back yard!  The little book he carried was a copy of the book of Mormon...the actor carried the Book of Mormon and picture of his grandmother than his grandfather had carried in WWII.

Deacon was the one who didn't drink coffee or smoke...the one who sacrificed himself for his friends. 

Deacon was very serious in his beliefs.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:40pm

Deacon, it is a shame that he had to fight. He killed some inocent people in the church because he feared death, now if it was me i would rather die investigating first then to just blow up a church not knowing who is inside. I say let the fighting be done by those who are commanded to fight, who fear doing injustice more then death, and let those who are commanded to turn the other cheek turn the other cheek, by Allah He has sent servants from His side to protect His righteous. But he does not help the unjust.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:43pm

Those who uphold His commands and His laws have the protection of Allah. Those who do not can not expect anything other then being ruined.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:51pm
Not will touch us except what Allah has written for us, He is our guardian protector and disposer of affairs, and on Allah let the faithful trust. 9:51
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:52pm

And accidents happen in Warfare.  Soldiers die from friendly fire.  The poor farmer who raises arms to cast off the invader is killed..

All warfare is ugly.  Terrorism is ugly.  And you can see the weight of that mistake on him in the movie.  His need to repent and his desire to do good. 

Yes, Deacon made a mistake and killed innocents.  But Deacon repented and in the end gave his life so that his friends would live to get the vital information to the Allied soldiers.

The moral of the story is repentance and faith.  Deacon was following the laws of God...

But, this last few posts really should go in the Movies and TV thread.  We have gotten off your original topic Community.

Perhaps, we should define what you consider the Kingdom of God.  I have noticed that often the difference between Christianity and Islam is the definitions.  We use the same terms but in different contexts.

So, explain to me what the Islamic Kingdom of Heaven would be?

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:55pm
Are you waiting for anything else but one of the two things for us? and we are waiting for you that Allah touches you with a torment from Him or through our hands, so wait verily we are together with you waiting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic