IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Millions of Afghan refugees in Iran retur  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Millions of Afghan refugees in Iran retur

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 2:39pm

I know "everyone that matters" in Afghanistan and Pakistan...such pomposity can hardly be regarded...

I said it in a very matter of fact manner. What may be a sheer simple reality for me could possibly be a bit of pomp for some. Why would I retract it when I do know not just the landmarks, but also all the notable folks in my constituency - which spreads across quite a few countries.

I will again say, not my fault, but a mere accident of birth by HIS blessings.

I feel like giving you another shock. Tomorrow, Thursday night, well over 4,000 people will be dancing at a point in India where one of my elders died on his tour and lies burried there. It's no special Thursday. All Thursday nighta are like that.

My younger brother went there a few years ago. They weighed him in silver. He distributed it to the lot present there.

My friend, there is a lot of life beyond the Potomac and Manhattan.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 2:45pm

You somehow always drift from the real thing. We were discussing net enterprises in Pakistan. I had asked you "You want to run a company with 600 reporters and "staff" by next week?"

Very simple recipe! But the problem is that you are not keen on learning about other societies and cultures, but just in asserting your own points on us. No wonder you keep running in circles or, perhaps, keep sppinning circles around us.

Whatever.

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 2:54pm
I very much enjoy learning about other cultures and peoples and have done so as often as possible in my life...I've somehow run into people that are slightly more humble in their approach...   As to your review of news sources in Pakistan, only two major dailies matter - do you know that PakTribune's electronic news clearinghouse is not involved with them?  I don't know one way or the other..but that doesn't rule that out...which dailies are you talking about?

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 3:16pm

Bruce, the largest Urdu newspaper in the world, Jang, has own bureaus and staff almost all across the world. It is published from four cities in Pakistan + London + New York. Now run by the Founder's son, Shakeel, a fine artistic natured chap. They also publish Pakistan's largest English daily, The News, and a whole range of other periodicals.

The Nation of the Nawa i Waqt group is the one that counts with it's opinion. (just accidentally, the owner was a year junior to me at school)

IT and dotcom outfits are more of PR dressings for impressing overseas customers to mostly silly advantages. If I had heard of these people, I would have been pleased to fill you in on them. In these countries, it's not terribly difficult to show a few persons on your prospectus. That's what I meant by do you need 600 by the weekend!!

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 3:38pm
I will grant you that many internet operations are fly by nights...but this group has been around since 1999 and parts since 1997 and just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they're not legit.  That said, they may actually work with the two influential dailies you mention...thanks for filling in the blanks though - I do appreciate that.

It's also remains to be seen who this Iranian source was, but the fact that they were dealing with the UN and the international community lends circumstantial credence to the story, imho.

Best (seriously),

Bruce
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 11:24pm

Not saying they are not legit, but exxageration is a bit of an art in that part of the world. Even ifthey had been there since 2000 they should have become nationally known by now.

Let's accept that they just exist on the net - no actual contact address!!

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:15pm

"Let's accept that they just exist on the net - no actual contact address!!"

===================

Well here's an address:

Contact Us

Please tell us what you think about any issue and/or if you want your letter to be considered for publication write to: [email protected] or send mail to:

Editor Paktribune
House 6, Khyaban-e-Iqbal, Margalla Road,
F-7/3, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Ph: +92-51-111-888-666, Fax: +92-51-2871236
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 12:08am
Bravo, now we will find out what he takes with his morning tea!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic