IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A timeline of US atrocities in Afghanistan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A timeline of US atrocities in Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Umm Hufsah Umm Hufsah wrote:

Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Hufsah I think I'm done here. I understand your point and agree with some of the things you've said but since you seem to prefer to only hear your voice I will bow out. This is going to turn into a discussion where people *****and moan.

You see, I can always google pictures and read articles about "collateral casualties" and I can always fault some things people do but an ultimate slap in the face to me is responding to me with long winded post of copy and paste pictures.

I guess me telling you that I have friends who serve who gave me some knowledge of US military protocol was not good enough I see.

I don't know why you got offended with me posting that link - true that anyone can just read about it anywhere but I posted that video to discuss collateral murders in relation to our discussion of protocols, I am sure that your US soldiers friends are good people, who are just doing their duties and following orders, however, their are good and bad people every where with corrupt hearts given the opportunity in a war they can always commit inhuman war crimes that even protocols can't prevent and easily get away with them without anyone holding them to accountability. Given that they eventually are driven by politicians' foreign policies in a war which can very well be wrong.

Any way, it was nice having conversation with you regarding this topic and listening to your side of it and just because we are in disagreement, does not mean I am not listening or trying to understand your point of views. I am expressing my opinions and you are yours.

Someone here is assuming that US and its allies are leading a crusaders against all the Muslims with their Holy Quran and therefore cheering on the invading forces in the middle east, we only needed this one more excuse that can allow US and its allies to stay in opponent countries indefinitely causing death and destruction forever...........sigh

What is at issue is that you have a predefined opinion that is not yours at all but one derived from tabloid websites. Your inability to form a coherent opinion is the issue. Your posts are invariably nothing more than copy and pasting from propaganda websites. The tabloid web sites you copy and paste from are selective in that they have a predrfined conclusion. You use them because they will predictably contain inflammatory material that appeals to an audience with limited means to separate conspiracy theory from fact.

Your copy and paste cliches and slogans are laughable. 
Umm Hufsah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umm Hufsah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Hufsah I think I'm done here. I understand your point and agree with some of the things you've said but since you seem to prefer to only hear your voice I will bow out. This is going to turn into a discussion where people *****and moan.

You see, I can always google pictures and read articles about "collateral casualties" and I can always fault some things people do but an ultimate slap in the face to me is responding to me with long winded post of copy and paste pictures.

I guess me telling you that I have friends who serve who gave me some knowledge of US military protocol was not good enough I see.

I don't know why you got offended with me posting that link - true that anyone can just read about it anywhere but I posted that video to discuss collateral murders in relation to our discussion of protocols, I am sure that your US soldiers friends are good people, who are just doing their duties and following orders, however, their are good and bad people every where with corrupt hearts given the opportunity in a war they can always commit inhuman war crimes that even protocols can't prevent and easily get away with them without anyone holding them to accountability. Given that they eventually are driven by politicians' foreign policies in a war which can very well be wrong.

Any way, it was nice having conversation with you regarding this topic and listening to your side of it and just because we are in disagreement, does not mean I am not listening or trying to understand your point of views. I am expressing my opinions and you are yours.

Someone here is assuming that US and its allies are leading a crusaders army against all the Muslims with their Holy Quran and therefore cheering on the invading forces in the middle east, we only needed this one more excuse that can allow US and its allies to stay in opponent countries indefinitely causing death and destruction forever...........sigh

Edited by Umm Hufsah - 27 May 2010 at 5:14am
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

"The teachings of the koran, the sunnah, and shari'ah law are absolutely hostile to precepts of personal freedom."

Wow, �sigh�; truly rhetoric has consequences.  The very teachings of Quran, Sunnah, and Shariah are the reasons why Muslims fight against Al Qaeda�s narrative, and  that America is anti-Islam and hates Muslims.   America is fighting a war against radical political islamist who use terror as a means to political goals.  To hold that Islam is against personal freedom only unwittingly supports the narrative from Jihadis that America is at war with Islam.  This is not the position of the American government.

Rhetoric surely does have consequences as does ignoring events around us. The very teachings you described above are what give traction to islamic terrorism. Isn't it funny how we see all these islamist "victims" running around with machine guns, complaining of discrimination, whining about being unfairly accused of terrorist bombings, and warning their enemies of the innocent civilians that would be killed in a military reprisal? They justify their murderous acts by claiming to be oppressed by non-Muslims. But if they were truly fighting oppression, they would surely lash out at their own oppressive governments first. On the contrary; they seem to be doing their oppressive government's bidding. When terrorists are given the chance to run their own governments, the first thing they do is lock down their society, remove all human rights, and oppress everyone within their borders with intolerable religious laws and vicious, cruel, and ruthless enforcement. It's no accident that these patterns are seen over and over again; it's a well-thought-out, effective strategy, and it will continue to succeed unless and until their lies are exposed. These are not random acts perpetrated by insane criminals; they are deliberately orchestrated by well-organized, deeply religious, petrol-funded terrorist organizations, many of whom operate under the guise of Islamic "charities" and receive direct aid from Arab governments and oil companies.

Quote To hold that Islam is against personal freedom by extension would mean all religions are against personal freedom.   Most Muslims want neither total theocracy nor a purely secular democracy and are happy where religious principles and democratic values coexist. 

I see a flaw with your proposed �extension�. There�s no reason to believe that one necessarily implies the other. Christianity, as we know, met with reform and enlightenment (and bea in mind that I hold no religion). In short, it grew up, and became a positive force for civilization and progress worldwide. In fact, it was instrumental in shaping social climate which fostered the freedoms, science, and prosperity of Western civilization. Islam, on the other hand, has not managed a similar enlightenment and reformation. Islam's holy warriors, united under their ersatz Saladin, Osama bin Laden, still fancy themselves to be fighting the Christian invaders in the name of their deity. To this day, the wounded adolescent pride of the holy warriors is still seething for revenge. In God's name, of course.

I have no reason to believe that you speak for most muslims regarding what they want or don�t want. What we can demonstrate, however, is that there is this peculiar propensity for a crushing theocracy to take hold wherever muslims gain strength of numbers.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:52pm

Hayfa,
Well, there seems to be plenty of evidence of human shields in Afghanistan. I am not talking about people living in villages, and I am pretty sure that US soldiers (etc) are not in the habit of firing on women and children deliberately.
I am not sure I understand your final comment. Do you mean Afghani's are dressing as civilians to confuse their enemy? I know some Afghani kids start fighting young, but NOT that young.

Certainly I know that on one attack earlier this year by the US etc..they gave the civilians a week(?) to leave the area that was going to be attacked. BUt that resulted in some of the so called Taliban moving to be with the civilians again. That's what is cowardly... hiding behind women and children's skirts.

http://muslimmatters.org/2010/02/17/bbc-afghanistan-taliban-using-human-shields-general/
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 12:33pm
I think we are in Afghanistan for a bit of side reason. Since the Us returned the cultivation of the poppy is abound. Where is this going? To Russian and China.

I don't at all agree with the war but I do agree with Gibbs that the soldiers do have protocals.

Martha you mentioned about "human shields": these people LIVE in the villages. Where do you expect them to live? 

And you mention its coward to "use women and children as human shields.. I would agree is that is the intention.. but do we know? AND is it not cowardly to fire on those same women and children?

And having read alot on war it does tend to blend what is a "civilian" and what is a "soldier." People don't have a "uniform" to tell the difference.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 8:53am

"The teachings of the koran, the sunnah, and shari'ah law are absolutely hostile to precepts of personal freedom."

Wow, �sigh�; truly rhetoric has consequences.  The very teachings of Quran, Sunnah, and Shariah are the reasons why Muslims fight against Al Qaeda�s narrative, and  that America is anti-Islam and hates Muslims.   America is fighting a war against radical political islamist who use terror as a means to political goals.  To hold that Islam is against personal freedom only unwittingly supports the narrative from Jihadis that America is at war with Islam.  This is not the position of the American government.

To hold that Islam is against personal freedom by extension would mean all religions are against personal freedom.   Most Muslims want neither total theocracy nor a purely secular democracy and are happy where religious principles and democratic values coexist. 

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 7:15am

Edited by Gibbs - 26 May 2010 at 7:19am
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Umm Hufsah Umm Hufsah wrote:

In every war its important to consider the strategy like why a war is being actually fought? and what result is it seeking? How long it will go on? what is end result of one actions etc, in that respect US strategy is as I explained before is utterly flawed, if it can't stop itself from murdering civilians whether deliberately or not, than its no different from its enemy, US might as well join them.  However its obvious that US won't do that because it won't have any reason to stay in Afghanistan would it? If US is fighting war in Afghanistan to protect Afghans from Talibans then its responsible for every innocent person dying at their own hands. It can't turn a blind eye to the endless innocent people dying in this war for nothing and keep carry on pointlessly. 

Not surprisingly, with all of your earlier false claims being exposed as falsehoods, you have decided to move on to copying and pasting from your usual tabloid propaganda site �infowars�. You know, one of the downsides to the web is that it can become a playground for conspiracy theorists and other, how shall we say� "less than discriminating" types who scour the web in feverish attempts to find something, anything to support a conspiracy. I recognized your copying and pasting from infowars. It�s one of the  ultra-leftist internet based tabloids. Do yourself a favor, dear, don't make your posts a total joke by linking to a website run by a bunch of frothing-at-the-mouth Stalinist wannabes.

Ultimately, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are about people being given the opportunity to determine their own fate, their own future. It shouldn�t be about the irrational contentions of the rulers-for-life, embittered islamist utopians (mullahs, self-hating islamists and islamist ideologues), who are willing to ally themselves with fascist and supremacist ideologies if it will serve their partisan agenda. The abovementioned thugs are ready to throw every ounce of fear, intimidation and callous hatred they have at everyday people who are risking life and limb to eke out a living. Self-hating islamists are looking to preserve the status quo of fear and oppression that many people would hope to eradicate. Why would anyone want to side with such vicious, ruthless Autocrats?

The Islamist agenda is crystal clear on what Islam's mission and goals are. Why aren't we? Are we so complacent in the assumption that everyone must respect the rule of law, equality, plurality, and other benefits of liberal democracy, that we are unable to conceive of entire cultures holding such concepts in utter contempt? The teachings of the koran, the sunnah, and shari'ah law are absolutely hostile to precepts of personal freedom. That's why the ruling mullahs, your Taliban heroes and the other brutish islamists you are flailing your pom-poms for will beat to a pulp and jail those who challenge their fascist agenda.

Islamic fear societies are increasingly crushed under their own dead weight of untenable claims of inerrancy and the maddening frustration that comes of its failure, which only becomes more apparent with the passage of time. Under rule of law with representative elections, the spirit of Democracy is forever born anew, able to adapt to changing times, to help shape those times and help make sense of them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic