IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims are NOT racist.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims are NOT racist.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 3:29pm
Candid: Maybe you and i both are fooled. I guess racism is one of those things that will always exist because of uneducated people. I guess this only happens in other countries. Even in usa, people are changing. Look at our president. He is half kenyan and he has so many supporters around the world. The muslims i know are not racist. My best friend is Lebanese and he isn't racist. Also, another friend from Filistine isn't racist! Only uneducated people are racists. The rest of us know that allah made us all different colors. It's one thing to say that "i dont like my complexion so ill bleach", but to say that one color is better and i will not marry because he or she is that color is ridiculous! We should take examples from our prophet Muhammad(saws) He had a feed slave who happened to have a dark skin color call the adhan for him. He also married him to a lighter arab woman to express the point that we are equal muslims
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
candid_new View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

"....they would NEVER marry an American Muslim woman."

Unless, of course, for that prized possession - a GREEN CARD.� After obtaining it, they discard these women like dirty rags.� Some even have a "fatwa" that it's better to take one of these women, that is, for something to, let us say, play with, until you are able to return home a get a "good" wife.� This way,�you protect your deen and not have to fornicate.

I know a few Muslim men, who were discarded by American women. Ironic, all the racism charges against Muslims here are marriage related. There is more to racism then marriage.

Edited by candid_new - 13 March 2009 at 6:46pm
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 5:24pm

Islam is not racist, sexist, nationalist, or elitist� But people are� Otherwise, Allah  (swt) would not have to teach us in the Quran to rise above these differentiations.

If ALL Muslims practiced and lived by ALL of Quran�s lessons, we would not be in this messy world; we�d already be in the next world�

So, unfortunately, yes there are prejudiced Muslims. Furthermore, they have always existed. That is why we have had distinction between Mohajerin and Ansar, Arab and Ajam, Black and white�

The question is do we give up and give in or do we try to do better�

Respectfully
aka2x2
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:33pm
[/QUOTE]
I know a few Muslim men, who were discarded by American women. Ironic, all the racism charges against Muslims here are marriage related. There is more to racism then marriage.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's because it's one of those times that it can become an issue. I don't think people normally sit around discussing racial prejudice but when it comes to aligning themselves or a relative in marriage they feel free to express their feelings.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Candid you say�that histprically they do not do systemic racist policies..� which may or may not be true as the world is vast and wide and whether they 'discrimiate' maynot be on the�books but knowing myself that there are Muslims who will not allow their children�to marry 'darker' skined people and also�who live here who fear and�put down black�people. I have hears it with my own ears..

Just let me�ask.. how many Arabs, anywhere in Middle East would allow their children to marry a very�dark African man? Really be honest...

I agree it is NOT part of Islam. But it certainly does exist. �If you think that somehow someone is immune from bad idealogies soley because they are Muslim.. then these issues are never addressed.

i think if you ask Muslims who are African-American if there is racism you might get a different answer. No they would not say it is Islam that does this.
As Salamu Alaikum Hayfa,Sad but true,in regaurds to how we all kind of hold on to our ancestry,and culture.To some we are only Umma as far as Islam is concerned.The Holy Qur'an tells us to put that aside and that our Umma is one.I feel that we have too many widowed Man and Women in the world of all colors for there to be any kind of descrimination against marrages.I'm a Muslim who is of African American decent I know how it is.I love you all for Allah sake I'm not going to call out individual Races of people since we are suppose to be one we all have this problem.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 1:13am

This string has weight both ways.

Muslims in general are not raciest. They would love respect, share, help etc  any other muslim irrespective of their race.

However the story is not quite like this when it comes to marriages. It is true that the very first thing one should see in a life partner is his/her piety, but not all are following this.

Many muslim families care about maintaining the "blood line" and would not want their kids to marry outside the "clan" or descent. 

Hyfa, if you've seen these discriminations, they are not worth condoning, however one can say its on a microscopic level as compared to muslim warmth for one another.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:03am
Asalaamu alaikum:
 This is a very interesting thread and has an interesting theme. But if we want to change the "racism" that people feel they see in Islamic areas, then the population as a whole needs to be educated and taught where Islam ends and culural and ethnic practices begin. We need to take  cultural customs out of the Islam.
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 12:18pm
Mariyah,

I agree and that is SO hard to do.. no matter where. i think it goes hand and hand with changes on society. The drawback to say American culture is that it is 'open' on the other hand, ideas can progress as well. I think younger people think less about a person's 'race' then their parents. Kids these days mix much more freely in terms of who is their friend. Children who come from mix-culture marriages.. are more likely to think they are "Muslim' vs a particular ethnic group.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic