IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sufi Remote Healing ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sufi Remote Healing ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Therefore, Abosait, the knowledge about Alam Ruh is there, can be acquired, but of course only available to the waliyullahs who are considered the warisatul Ambiya.

Dear brother/sister Nur_Ilahi,

Point to be noted here is that in your above quoted statement you have misinterprted the Hadith mentioned below.

Rasul Allah said (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam), �The virtue of the scholar to a worshipper (Aabid) is similar to the virtue of the moon when it is full to the rest of the stars. And verily the scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets. Verily the Prophets did not leave behind dirhams and deenars, but rather they left behind knowledge. Thus whoever takes it, takes it as a bountiful share.� � Authentic, narrated by Abu Dawood, tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah.
On the one hand you admit that very little has been disclosed by Allah about Rooh and on the other hand you claim that "knowledge about Alam Ruh is there, can be acquired, but of course only available to the waliyullah".

Your farfetched claim that waliyullah have knowledge which was not revealed in the Qur'aan and which the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam did not pass on to the Sahaba is unislamic. Such a belief of the Sufis is one of the major deviations from mainstream Islam.

Allah Subhanahu wa ta'aalaa revealed in the Qur'aan on the day of the Prophet's last sermon that the deen is complete. And you are negating Allah's words by saying that your awliya have knowledge of Ruh which even the Prophet did not have.

abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Assalamualaikum Abosait.

....................sufism is the core of Islamic belief. It is to purify the soul from all kinds of unseen illness like, anger, ujub, riya, kibr, tyranny, envy, miserliness, coward, all the blemishes of the nafs .....................

Wa alaikum assalaam wa Rahmatullah,

The core of Islamic belief is what has been taught to us in the Qur'aan and the Sunnah and not what the Sufis have fabricated centuries after the death of the Prophet and the Sahaba..

And do you mean to say that one should disregard what the Qur'aan and the Sunnah have prescribed as a remidy for 
anger, ujub, riya, kibr, tyranny, envy, miserliness, cowardice, all the blemishes of the nafs and take what your Sufis have fabricated as a remedy?

Or do you want those outside the fold of Islaam to believe in your false claim that the Qur'aan and Sunnah have not shown any method of Purification of self which has necessitated  borrowing those remedies from Hinduism, Budhism, Sikhism and the like in the name of Sufism?

astroman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 2:37pm
Abosait,

Thank you for the lengthy reply.But doesn't serve much purpose to me. I never dispute what ever in the Al Quran and sunah Rasulallah But I disagree that our learning and knowledge on the  spiritual self cannot be extended beyond what Allah SWT and sunnah Rasulallah given to us BUT of course within the limits, boundaries and guidelines graced by Allah SWT. Spiritually in the matters of the 'abstract' faculty of human 'senses' - our emotions, hindsight/third eyes/marifah, sixth sense, etc what ever we Muslim termed them. How can I explain if I claimed in the name of Allah SWT that at time as I 'wished it to happened' there in front of me a view , visions, live picture ( can never describe it accurately) of events and happening that I desired or wished to know and the dimension has 'hijabs' or 'separators between each dimensions. I found out those who has this abilty have limitations. Many non-believers too has the ability  but seemed that they are limited to the dimensions of shaitan. But a person whom Allah SWT graced with His Ilmu are able to 'views' beyond that ie - the jinn dimension, the ....etc etc etc. What should I called or named these experiences......whom to refer to to know what it is if ones does not have the same experiences or better experiences and knowledge about it!   I dared not venture too far for fearing to be labeled psychopathic. All I  can say is, it is a 0.000000000000001 percent  of the beautiful experiences that I have. Subhanallah. I wish not say more and closed my case.          

I have a feeling that you have a problem with the Nashkabandiah and I even dont know  who they are? If what you say about Nashkabandiah is true, I am with you to condemned them but I must also be careful that if what they practiced NOW is the same as what their founding teacher taught them! In our Islamic history, there are many but small disagreement amongst the four major mazhabs of  Islam and between Sunni and Shiahs. Fortunately we never disagree on the oneness of Al Mighty Allah SWT, Rasulallah and Al Quran - the epicentre and ever-bonding factors  of Islamic faith.

Edited by astroman - 25 November 2008 at 2:47pm
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by astroman astroman wrote:

...........I never dispute what ever in the Al Quran and sunah Rasulallah But I disagree that our learning and knowledge on the  spiritual self cannot be extended beyond what Allah SWT and sunnah Rasulallah given to us... ................

If you feel that you learn more about spiritual knowledge/knowledge of deen that what Allah swt and the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam have given us you are disputing the Qur'an and the Sunnah as can be seen from the following verse;

Al-Ma'idah [5:3]          
حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَيْتَةُ وَالْدَّمُ وَلَحْمُ الْخِنْزِيرِ وَمَا أُهِلَّ لِغَيْرِ اللّهِ بِهِ وَالْمُنْخَنِقَةُ وَالْمَوْقُوذَةُ وَالْمُتَرَدِّيَةُ وَالنَّطِيحَةُ وَمَا أَكَلَ السَّبُعُ إِلاَّ مَا ذَكَّيْتُمْ وَمَا ذُبِحَ عَلَى النُّصُبِ وَأَن تَسْتَقْسِمُواْ بِالأَزْلاَمِ ذَلِكُمْ فِسْقٌ الْيَوْمَ يَئِسَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن دِينِكُمْ فَلاَ تَخْشَوْهُمْ وَاخْشَوْنِ الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الإِسْلاَمَ دِينًا فَمَنِ اضْطُرَّ فِي مَخْمَصَةٍ غَيْرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِّإِثْمٍ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

5:3 Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

astroman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 9:45pm
Dear Abosait

sir, I think you have misunderstood my points. Al Quran is as perfect as it is 1429 years ago and I never dispute! but what I want to say to you is that we need to explore further what has been given in the Al Quran. Al Quran gives us the guide lines on spirituality but you have to discover further what  comes with spiritiuality on the aspect of human relationships, behaviour and its effects, etc, etc.which is not been detailed out. AL Quran will not talk to you about biology, chemistry, evloution, engineering, mathematics, nuclear energy etc etc,  in details but there are some guideslines, laws and orders that you have to follow should you go over boards and challenge His Greatness and Authority. You need to explore futher all these knowledge, its applications and how it should benefit you and me. I wish not to comment further. Please pardon me for not able to explain to you in the simplest way.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 11:10pm
abosait, have you read the thread for which I gave the link to, up above several posts ago?
If you read the information there, you will see that sufism is the heart of Islam, it is the estoric of islam, without it islam would be just a set of rules and rather rigid. Sufism is what gives islam its spirituality.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 2:23am
abosait, since Islam covers many things therefore it is too demanding to expect every individuals without exception to perform uniformly. One party may suitable for one thing while the other party suiting another thing.
Naturally there are always muslims who possess above average ability. That is an exception.

What do you think, make sense?
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 3:21am
deleted

Edited by abosait - 26 November 2008 at 3:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic