IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Concerned about Hadith no 14  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concerned about Hadith no 14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:51am
One difference is that Muslims punish the sinner themselves and Christians leave the punishment up to GOD.

IF I were a Muslim I would steer clear of hadith-manmade and questionable.  Follow the Quran only if you must be a Muslim!!!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:26am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

One�difference is that Muslims punish the sinner themselves and Christians leave the punishment up to GOD.

IF I were a Muslim I would steer clear of hadith-manmade and questionable.� Follow the Quran only if you must be a Muslim!!!
As salaamulaikum Believer.Read my post,You say if you were a Muslim.(Alhamduillah)I wish everyone was.We The Muslims are from the best of people.Please dont get it twisted.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:45am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

One�difference is that Muslims punish the sinner themselves and Christians leave the punishment up to GOD.

IF I were a Muslim I would steer clear of hadith-manmade and questionable.� Follow the Quran only if you must be a Muslim!!!
Believer.Christians leave the punishment up to an ungodlly judicial system.Allah Ta ala's word is AL Aziz Law.waulaikumsalaam
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:13am
Assalamu alaikum.

Gulliver posted:However, we do not live in an ideal world. And Muslim societies, like Christian ones, are far from ideal.
Response: You are right. I get marveled and frightened to see a Christian committing sin. Any body who took the pains of reading the OT and NT carefully and commits sinful acts, definitely has not read the Bible. If he has read it, he does not believe in it. As for the Muslims they believed in what they accused the Christians believed in: Vicarious atonement of sin. Another sin the Muslims commit is attributing wickedness to Allah. They see evil and fail to remove it. They would say, if Allah has Willed He could have given them the power and means of removing it. They would quote chapter 3:26 in their defense.
Friendship.

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:17am
Assalamu alaikum.

Nothing: Will you kindly tell the under which subject matter was the hadith in which the Prophet said, �I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women,�"  is quoted in Bukhari vol.4:464 p.305.
My hadith book of Bukhari is the Arabic one with commentary.
Friendship.

Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 4:49am
"They see evil and fail to remove it."

Am not getting into this today folks. I agree with this Friendship. Stood out. I suppose this encapsulates what I am trying to say, in a few words. We 'see evil' - we must try, by whatever means we are given, to 'remove it'. Saying that everything is 'God's will,' to the degree we stick our heads in the sand, and act like there is not a real problem - seeking every means to solve that problem, is something that affects all religions.

Been dealing a lot with victims and survivors of sexual abuse the last while. I see many, many people having suffered serious 'spiritual abuse' too. When a person in a position of spiritual power is responsible, it adds another dimension. It's horrific, what happens to people's lives. Destroyed.  Many end up dead. I seriously wonder whom God will look to as the murderer of the innocent. Cause that is what they are, murderers. Like giving an innocent a gun, teaching him/her to 'play' with it, and wonder why they end up shot in the head. But even the 'murderers' may have a history too. Patterns repeating. Where does it all begin and end. I have no idea.

The levels of denial at all levels of society are mind boggling. Seriously depressing even. When spiritual 'institutions' have too much power in a society, it is as - and even at times more dangerous than they having no 'control' at all. Again - it's in all 'religions'.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. It is a very complex issue - all of this, I know.

It's not a Christian or Muslim of Jewish issue. It's a human issue.

Sometimes I seriously wonder why people worry about some 'afterlife' hell, when for many this world is 'hell'.

As a friend once said, "you'll never get to Heaven walking backwards out of hell." If the love of God does not draw us Heavenward, nothing will.

God bless folks.

Edited by Gulliver - 17 December 2008 at 4:52am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 12:39pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Gulliver posted:  We 'see evil' - we must try, by whatever means we are given, to 'remove it'. Saying that everything is 'God's will,' to the degree we stick our heads in the sand, and act like there is not a real problem - seeking every means to solve that problem, is something that affects all religions.
Response: Gulliver thanks very much for your understanding  and Jihad in telling the truth and nothing else but the truth. You do not have to read the holy Qur'an. What is more important for you is to read the history of Muhammad Rasulullah, because that was what brought peace to Madina. Muhammad never considered himself and his teaching outside the OT and NT.The first thing he did after the Hijra- his arrival in Madina- was to enact an edict or a covenant binding on all the people of Madina mentioning the different 16 tribes of the Children of Israel that no one is to harbour a criminal and that it is an act of treachry to harbor a criminal. All people must rise their hands against crime! Every one must abide by his Religion (Ad-DIN)
I am sorry to say that a lot is xpected from the followers of Muhammad in solving some if not the problems we are facing. This is not the case. The people of the OT and NT must be proud of the guidelines and way of life Revealed to them by Allah our Creator, in practice. Religion (AD-DIN) began from the book of Genesis. Its application is enough to bring peace and prosperity in the world.
So the ball now is in the hands of the People of the Book and not in the hands of the followers of Muhammad. Please try to understand that Muhammad first of all established a security zone in Madina for all its inhabitans and not for his followers alone, who at that time where the minority. There is no such security zone in the Muslim countries. So what do you expct at the international level?
Friendship.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 5:52pm
Gulliver said :
Sometimes I seriously wonder why people worry about some 'afterlife' hell, when for many this world is 'hell'.

A muslim, always worries of after life, since that's the final abode. He never takes up the worries of this world as "hell", at all. He takes it as trial from Allah swt, as Allah swt, already did reveal it. Even if a believer assumes his suffering as hell {out of his weak faith}, its a duty of other believers to remind him the sayings of Allah swt.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic