IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I’m new  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m new

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astrophysicist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 4:30am

Hi, Ali:

Okay, then, I won't talk about foreign policy issues here if you think it is the wrong place to do so. (U.S. foreign policy cannot be the sole focus, as we are but one player in the field, greatly affected by the foreign policies of many other political entities: by self-serving nations like Russia, France, and Syria, and by the overreaching and unbridled policies of subversive Islamic organizations, like Hamas and al Quaeda.) I was merely trying to address some common misperceptions about U.S. policy that Perception brought up in his response to Shadowpuppet's initial post.

I will see if I have time to start a new thread later today. I am involved in one other thread that I need to check in on ("Do they hate the Qu'ran?"), and then I have work to do!

So, see you later Brother and Sister Earthlings.  Take care.

Astro

Edited by Astrophysicist
Astrophysicist View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astrophysicist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 5:35am

Dear Perception:

Peace be with you, as well.

Please forgive me for forgetting to respond to you before leaving this thread. I have a lot to do and my mind gets pulled away.

As suggested by you and Brother Ali, I will leave this thread (General Discussion, �I�m New�) and continue the discussion in the Current events section under the new topic �U.S. as a Vessel of God�s Goodness.�

Peace.

Astro

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 7:12am
Originally posted by shadowpuppet shadowpuppet wrote:

Thanks again for the information.

But for the record, I'm not a "bro" lol.  I'm a girl!! A 28 year old one.  I thought the chiro flirting would have given it away, but maybe not.  Unless I'm really ignorant and you call the ladies bro as well.

No, you are fine with your understanding of brothers and sisters as two seperate gender groups. Thanks for your clarification about your gender, but I think, if I am not very far off, this flirting thing is not exclusive to opposite sexes here in this country. Isn't it? or is there some other name or terminology for the same sex "flirting"?Secondly, from your post the gender of your Chiro is not obvious either. Nevertheless, it hardly matter what your gender is, but what is important is what you think and how you express them in your writings. Hope that we can have better conversation now. Cheers. 

shadowpuppet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowpuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 10:26am

AhmadJoyia,

If it is not assumed that it was a male doctor, why is it assumed that I'm a "bro" and not a "sister"?  I didn't think that posting to forums was exclusive to genders either. 

And I didn't think it was a bad conversation.  Cheers.

Arabian View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 10:55pm

Ms. shadowpuppet,

I don't think that the people on this site think differently than you.  We are all humans right.  We all have the same animalistic tendencies; one can only assume that given the right circumstances we would also 'think' in the same way.  I believe that if we are able to talk to these people in the right way, we could surly turn them around.

Peace,
Arabian

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Arabian Arabian wrote:

I believe that if we are able to talk to these people in the right way, we could surly turn them around.

<!--[endif]-->Peace,
Arabian

Arabian,

Who would be "these people" and what do you expect you could "turn them around" from?

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by shadowpuppet shadowpuppet wrote:

AhmadJoyia,

If it is not assumed that it was a male doctor, why is it assumed that I'm a "bro" and not a "sister"?  I didn't think that posting to forums was exclusive to genders either. 

And I didn't think it was a bad conversation.  Cheers.

Hmm! Probably from a fifty fifty chance outcome! (Is it really a 50-50 chance? I can guess only). Cheers.

taliwar View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taliwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 12:27pm
[QUOTE=Astrophysicist]

Hi, all:

Ray, it seems to me that your response to shadowpuppet was unnecessarily hostile. 

peace,

That's what all you haters do. You take the truth and claim someones abusing you for stating it. My responce to puppet was "far" from hostile. Your accusations are completely false. I think you on the other hand were attempting to turn opinions against me to further your own agenda. Shameful and hateful on your part. Again more haters allowed to abuse Muslims while other Muslims stand around and watch.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic