IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 7:16am
LOL!!  I can't believe how hard it is for you to understand.  

GOD gave us free will to choose our path. 

Jesus was giving ALL the gift of salvation.  Jesus was ready this is what He wanted.

People chose to fight against each other, not believe,  not allow the believers to follow Jesus. 

minuteman - you are putting words in my mouth.  Is this the type of lying allowed by Mohammad/Allah?  Are you laughing to yourself thinking you are so witty talking badly about Jesus?  GOD forgive you.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 2:39am
 Believer is saying that Jesus did not know what he was talking about. The words of Jesus are clear that he had not come to make peace in the world. But believer is giving different meaning to it as if Jesus did not know what he was trying to say. Why not believer believe that Jesus had not come to make peace in the world? Why be ashamed of it?

Even though we Muslims need not blame Jesus for anything. But we would not allow believer to twist the meanings.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

honeto-  It is not what Jesus wanted , He was telling us what was in store.  Jesus was right, look at the hatred aimed at Christians.

monasjazz - Yes, we are to love the sinner, but that does not mean that we love the sin or that the sin does not go unpunished. 

So you're interpretation of this Verse is that Jesus was predicting that His teachings would cause wars? Cause families and nations to turn against each other?
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:16am
Hi believer,
you say "It is not what Jesus wanted "
Two issues with that statement of yours:
One, according to the quote, Jesus is not guessing what will happen rather he is declaring a statement, saying: " Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to �set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law�; 36 and �a man�s enemies will be those of his own household."

Second: (whe you say, "It is not what Jesus wanted")
Are you admiting the all power nature of God while not all powerful nature of Jesus.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

monasjazz View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monasjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 8:57pm

monasjazz - Yes, we are to love the sinner, but that does not mean that we love the sin or that the sin does not go unpunished. 

well, I think it is a good idea to love all human ( the children of Adam, becuase they all seems look like as your brotherhood as human being  ) eventhough they are a sinner .. but could you to exposing your reasoning for this case ?

tell me ..

Wink

Edited by monasjazz - 10 April 2008 at 9:07pm
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 12:00pm
honeto-  It is not what Jesus wanted , He was telling us what was in store.  Jesus was right, look at the hatred aimed at Christians.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
monasjazz View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monasjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 2:55am

dear believer ..

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another

that does mean that you also love Muhammad ..

tell me ..and be honest , are you loved Muhammad ?

Smile

Edited by monasjazz - 10 April 2008 at 2:58am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 3:58pm

John 13:34 

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Hi believer,

no doubt that God's love and Mercy never ceases, and the message He gave to mankind always have that component in it.

Your quote certainly refelects that thought, however what puzzles me is this quote in Matthew 10:

34 �Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to �set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law�; 36 and �a man�s enemies will be those of his own household.�[e]

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic