IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whisper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhisper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Bismillah irrahman irraheem

Assalaamualaikum Warehmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Dear forum members,

It is sad scenario indeed since we don't really like to ban anyone. Yes, Brother Whisper has been banned. Why was he banned? It has already been announced in the Announcement section. To clarify further, Brother Whisper violated many rules in the past, and continued to do so (inspite of warnings). For example, he would blame all Americans for all the problems. Singling out and targeting a group of people goes against guidelines 1,15, 16. We had sent PMs to whisper in the past and had openly warned him too.

IC rules apply to everyone alike. Each and every member has to follow the guidelines otherwise this forum will become a virtual "battlefield". The members who "attack" any person/community, etc. be warned, IC is firm about this rule. Members who ignore warnings will be banned (do read the guidelines again).

As has been repeated many times earlier, most of the decisions are made after thorough discussions by Moderators/Administrators so no single Moderator / Administrator should be singled out for such things.

While we appreciate that some members expressed here their concern for his ban, it is highly regretted that some seized this opportunity to do score setting. (Angela pointed fingers at brother Rami and we do not appreciate it, because this is backbiting. He is not here to defend himself).  Dear members, please don't speak anything negative about a person who is not present here, and can not reply you.

We wish Brother Whisper good luck, and may Allah bless him and us all and guide us all.

Peace,

Moderator Group

Salaamu Alaykum,

Power Corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

You are wrong, Sister.  Simply, I won't ask you for something that should be.  I won't politely  bow to the powers that be when I don't have to.  And I don't have to.  Not here.

Why the hell should he be angry? After all, his country was and is being decimated constantly by America and American allies.  Yeah, Russia did it first, and before them it was someone else.  But right now. America should make people angry.  It makes me angry.  Oops.  We didn't mean to bomb that village.  Was that a wedding? Was that a village? 

As American citizens our civil liberties are being taken away, wrested from us?  No.  Some of us are hanging on, but others say, sure, take what you need, as long as we have ipods and cable who needs habeas corpus and freedom of speech.

CHANGE THE GUIDELINES.  They wreak.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 8:35pm

To those who have not known whisper since day one, let me say this, but first I say I have this genuine respect for him and he for me, since the beginning. But honestly whisper has always been blaming america (and west) for all problems, I have been with this every step since the start, Whisper may say he does't say that he hates "americans" but in nearly all his posts it speaks. And then there is the personal attacks on people, such as sawtul which was clearly unfair. I have seen repeatedly Whisper goes for the person not the issue that is not fair. But I do have to say he didn't do this from the start/or at the old pond.

Whisper may have a unique style of writing but is that an excuse ? I don't believe his style has compromised him. 

How many chances do you guys want, the moderators have repeatedly done so and in private.

I am not surprised he got banned.

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

Public announcements of departure from islamicity have always seemed to me to be grossly egotistical (why do they feel an announcement is necessary, their personal sense of importance I
fear is inflated by the excitement of seeing their words 'in print'
albeit only electronically ...)

This has nothing to do with the moderators, the moderators are doing that for the forum members who wanted to know who was being banned and why. So you (anybody) might else stop bashing the moderators about this. They announced that whisper got banned for voliating the guidelines repeatedly, ok which ones were not mentioned, Neither are some others who have be banned. 

You all may think I don't care about whisper - I do and in a weird sense there is this strange thing between us, a liking and respect of each other, that I cannot put my finger on it. 

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

My pointing out Rami was an example of the fact that sometimes the threats of banning are very arbitrary and much to the interpretation of the Moderator.  Brother Rami was rather conservative comparatively. 

He and I had many disagreements and I said nothing that I wouldn't have said to his face.  I am a very, open and honest person.  Even if the other person doesn't like what I said. 

Right Hanan?

Backbiting is assuming I would not say such things if Brother Rami was still here.  He knows quiet well that I was offended by his threat to ban me because I expressed belief that the soul enters the body on conception.  (My belief, not Islams.)  And that abortion is nothing short of murder.

We are  not saying that you won't say this to his face, please do not misunderstand. Backbiting means saying something about a person behind his back that when he hears it, he does not like it (doesn't matter if you repeat it to his face). Point is, he is NOT here to defend himself, so please refrain from talking about his past issues with you. Please???

Whisper is very anti-American government.  But as an American and non-Muslim.  I ask that you give him another chance.  The US is to blame for many things right now.  Its not singling us out if its true.  However, I had no problems pointing out to him where he crossed the lines.  Whisper was a wonderful contributer to this forum and being Pashtun, he gave us the "other" side of the story.  To be balanced we need to see all sides of an issue.  To be 'nice' about everything just isn't right.  Whisper never really got insulting personally towards any of us Americans and was always careful to express its not the American people but the Government he hated. 

This is not a popularity game.  Whisper has my deepest respect and I sincerely wish that you would let him back.  This is coming from the Kafir American Woman.  If we are not insulted, then the moderators don't really have a case.  Again, I address my issues openly and without pulling punches.  The inheritance tax thread was an example of my disagreeing with Whisper and yet I still respect the man. 

Please reconsider.

We will not comment again and again about Whisper, it amounts to backbiting him. Because some of his friends wanted to know the reason, we said it. We too have regard and respect for our brother whisper. Rules apply to everyone. Those who break guidelines will be warned again and again and then will be banned.

Peace sister.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Salaamu Alaykum,

Wa alaykumassalaam warehmatullah

Power Corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

You are wrong, Sister.  Simply, I won't ask you for something that should be.  I won't politely  bow to the powers that be when I don't have to.  And I don't have to.  Not here.

There is no Might or Power except Allah. You have a right to your opinion sister.

Why the hell should he be angry? After all, his country was and is being decimated constantly by America and American allies.  Yeah, Russia did it first, and before them it was someone else.  But right now. America should make people angry.  It makes me angry.  Oops.  We didn't mean to bomb that village.  Was that a wedding? Was that a village? 

As American citizens our civil liberties are being taken away, wrested from us?  No.  Some of us are hanging on, but others say, sure, take what you need, as long as we have ipods and cable who needs habeas corpus and freedom of speech.

I agree with you sis. But blaming all Americans isn't right. Personal attacks on people of this forum or any community isnt right, breaking guidelines isn't right. Ignoring warnings can lead to banning...

CHANGE THE GUIDELINES.  They wreak.

(sigh) again thats your opinion...with all due respect. Peace to you.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

Bismillah

Thank you, Amah. Your explanation reminded me that, at times, I was also guilty of violating the same rules as apparently Whisper had. For this, as well as for any insult or disrespect towards fellow forum members, I ask forgiveness.

May Allah continue to guide all who visit and participate at IC Forum.

Peace, Hanan

Assalaamualaikum

I do appreciate your honesty.

Wassalaam.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 4:05pm

Assalaamualaikum Duende, your post just makes me sad...what else can I say?

Wassalaam.

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 11:54am
Bad form to ban whisper he's interesting and fun. Come on.
America will survive his words and opinions.

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:37pm

Daniel, tell me, should we tell the mods how much we appreciate that they blocked the "Jews� attempts to kill the Prophet (saw)" thread? If only they had done it BEFORE we threatened to boycott IC.

Peace, Hanan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic