IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Words of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Words of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 12:02am
Peace and blessings to all

I would like to make something clear to all...

According to Islam, the Quran, Jesus didnt not die at all... He was raised up to the heavens ALIVE.

It says in the Quran... They did not kill him, neither did they crucify him.

Sister patty, Jesus indeed was a great prophet and performed many miracles with the permission of God.

Jesus never claimed divinity even in the Bible... He said...

"By myself I can do nothing: I judge only according to what I hear from the Father"

Without God, he can do nothing... so how can he be God himself? If he can't do anything himself.

Something else to ponder...

Jesus was supposedly crucified on friday.. that is why its known as "Good Friday"

In Gospel of John Ch. 20: V.1
It was the first day of the week, Sunday morning, the tomb was found empty by marry.

So, that leaves him in the tomb for

FRIDAY NIGHT
SATURDAY NIGHT   &   SATURDAY DAY

In Gospel of Mathew Chapter 12: V. 39-40
Jesus said: You evil and adulterous generation, seek here for a sign, no sign shall be given to you but the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah was  three days and three nights in the belly of whale so shall the son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jonah was ALIVE (otherwise no miracle) in the belly of the whale...  so for Jesus to fulfill his prophecy in Gospel of Mathew chapter 12 verse 39-40   Jesus should be alive in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights like Jonah.

So, If Jesus was alive in the tomb... he fulfilled his prophecy of being alive... but he still never stayed in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights as the tomb was empty on sunday morning.  So if Jesus was alive... that means he wasn't crucified...

If, Jesus was dead in the tomb... he was UNLIKE JONAH ...he didn't fulfill his prophecy... He Lied? God Forbid... Jesus wasn't a liar.

All of this is according to the bible...

Muslims beleive that Jesus was raised up to the heaven before any of this... It was made to APPEAR that Jesus was crucified...

This may be very confusing to you... if you have any questions please ask.  And, I appologize if I have offended you or your beliefs... I'm just trying to show you something in your own beliefs.  Maybe you can clear it up for me and yourself.

Peace be with you.
Hamid

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 3:35pm

According to Islam, the Quran, Jesus didnt not die at all... He was raised up to the heavens ALIVE.

I am sorry but even the Koran qoutes Jesus as saying he will die.

DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 6:21pm
He will die after he returns from the heaven... he will die after he lives out his life... he will die after he beats the anti-christ aka Dajjal.

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by B.H. B.H. wrote:

Amah,

Jesus himself said he would die in peace, though he did not die on the cross if I understand right.

One qoute from the Holy Quran is from Jesus himself found in 19:32-33. Another is found in 3:55, and comparing it with 19:32-33 I assume Allah took him by allowing him to die first.

can you  qoute  these suras for us please, B.H

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 9:44pm
Chapter 19
"And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Sal�m (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

Chapter 3
And (remember) when All�h said: "O ��s� (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that ��s� (Jesus) is All�h�s son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but All�h) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of All�h, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, ��s� (Jesus), M�s� (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taur�t (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur��n] till the Day of Resurrection[1]. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

Also Read Below to clarify... Jesus didn't die nor was he killed... He'll return... kill the antichrist... and live out his life... and then RAISED ALIVE on the day of ressurrection... AKA Judgement Day.

Chapter 4
And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah ��s� (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of All�h," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them [the resemblance of ��s� (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ��s� (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) عليهما السلام]:

158. But All�h raised him [��s� (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he عليه السلام is in the heavens). And All�h is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.

May Allah guide you all, Inshallah.

W'salaamz,
Hamid
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 10:10pm

I have translations by Dawood and Ali.

All three translate a qoute from Jesus saying that he would indeed die one day in 19:33---

Ali:

"There was peace on me the day I was born,and will be the day that I die, and on the day I will be raised from the dead."

Dawood:

"I was blessed on the day I was born, and blessed I shall be on the day of my death, and may peace be upon me on the day when I shall be raised to life."

Now, Chapter 3:55---

Ali:

When God said:"O Jesus, I will take you to myself and exalt you, and rid you of the infidels, and hold those who follow you......"

Dawood:

He said: "Jesus, I am about to cause you to die and lift you up to me. I shall take you away from the unbelievers and exalt your followers..."

Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 10:48pm
Asalamu Alaikum,

Bro, I think you need to look at the translation of Yusuf Ali and Pickthall.

Dawood translation clearly contradicts the Quran chapter 4 vs. 153.  What does the Dawood translation say in Chapter 4 vs. 153?

Yusuf Ali or Pickthall translations clearly says he was raised up to the heavens... 

In Dawood, his death comes out of nowhere...  

Jesus was raised up Alive, and there is so many hadith which suggest that...

You should research a bit more...

W'salaamz,
Hamid
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by DigitalStorm82 DigitalStorm82 wrote:

l=arb&nSora=19&nAya=32#19_32"><span ="trn">Chapter 1932. </
span>
"And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant,
unblest.<a name="19_33"></a>l=arb&nSora=19&nAya=33#19_33"><span ="trn"> 33. </span>[/
URL">"And Sal�m (peace) be upon me the
day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised
alive!"

<span ="trn">Chapter 355. </span>
And (remember) when
All�h said: "O ��s� (Jesus)! I will
take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement
that
��s� (Jesus) is All�h�s son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those
who
follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but All�h) superior to those
who
disbelieve [in the Oneness of All�h, or disbelieve in some of His
Messengers,
e.g. Muhammad ??? ???? ???? ????, ��s� (Jesus), M�s� (Moses), etc., or in His
Holy Books, e.g. the Taur�t (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur��n] till the
Day of Resurrection<font size="-1"><sup>[1"></sup>
Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in
which
you used to dispute."Also Read Below to clarify... Jesus didn't die nor was
he killed... He'll return... kill the antichrist... and live out his life... and
then RAISED ALIVE on the day of ressurrection... AKA Judgement Day.

<span ="trn">Chapter 4157. </span>
And because of their
saying (in boast), "We killed
Messiah ��s� (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of All�h," - but
they
killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them [the
resemblance
of ��s� (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and
those
who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge,
they
follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ��s�
(Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ?????? ??????]:<a name="4_158"></a> quran/display/display.asp?l=arb&nSora=4&nAya=158#4_158">< span
="trn">     158. </span>
But All�h raised him [��s� (Jesus)] up
(with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he ???? ?????? is in the heavens).
And All�h is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.May Allah guide you all,
Inshallah.W'salaamz,Hamid

Whoa!!!! Does that mean we're off the hook?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic