IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what you live for?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what you live for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Since I was a little girl, Allah, The Most Loving, encouraged me to believe in Him, guided and protected me.  Sometimes I didn't listen, and I fear that there will be other times that I don't because humans are so imperfect.  I live for listening to my All-Knowing Lord.  Right now that involves providing for my family by being there and listening to them and guiding them and by earning money to support them.  That is my jihad.

BarakAllah fik beloved sister,

Surely, this is one of the greatest and hardest jihads.  My Allah guide you, protect you, and make it easy for you and your family.

Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

I just would like to say that I come from the West like you and religion will help you but it does not mean that all your problems will disappear.

You always have to find yourself. Life is an education process and the point of life is the search for God and for yourself.

Sometimes, we think that the goal in this life is some kind of illumination and then, that's it, this is the end. But this is only the beginning. The goal of this life may be the search itself.

Salam Alaikum sister,

You are most definitely speaking TRUTH!!

schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

To please my Heavenly Father and to do the best I can on this earth.�

how you know what God is pleased about? will you let your child work with those who are caught by aids/etc to treat them? or you prefer your child stay healthy, so that he'll graduate a nice university and be one of those leaders to lead people to God?

� The goal is to be a faithful follower of God, to be a good person, to obey his commandments and do his works.

do his works?? what works? whose works?

My goals, the things I live for, is sharing love, doing charitable work and making sure the next generation is better off than I was.

how you know that your charititable work is growing up a good generation and not killers of others for their own aims? because time changes, people change, books change.

My goals are to have a colorblind society, free of bigotry and hatred.

This is all because of Love, my Love for God, and my Love for all my brothers and sisters.

sista, you think you don't have people whom you hate? what about terrorists? hatred always exist while love exist.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

I don't know what you are looking for Sister, but give yourself time. Your heart and mind will change.

sure sista, my mind will change as time and people around me always change too. but iam looking for the goal which doesn't change anytime?

Islam has told us to keep both sides balanced:

Deen(religion) & Dunya (World)

Its the duty of every muslim to get religious & wordly education.
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

I don't know what you are looking for Sister, but give yourself time. Your heart and mind will change.

sure sista, my mind will change as time and people around me always change too. but iam looking for the goal which doesn't change anytime?
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:28pm
I agree on this.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:25pm
rite on
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:24pm

Paradise is a reward, not a goal.  The goal is obedience and faith in God.  The Goal is to be his faithful servants.  If we succeed with those goals, then we will have Paradise.  If we fail, then we won't.  But you cannot do something for the reward.

You shouldn't return the missing wallet for the $250 reward, you should do it because its the right thing to do.

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:18pm

Schwebster, I think Paradise has definitely to be a goal!

Don't you want to enjoy Paradise??

But of course, you have also some otehr goals in life like happiness, children whatever you want, but these goals are less important. You have to keep in mind the bigger picture.

Salam sister

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic