IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you hate about today’s society?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you hate about today’s society?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:11am
I feel sorry for those who feel the need for instant gratification.
They just don't get it!
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:34am

I dislike intolerance, war, abortion, tv shows and commercial which constantly and publically flaunt sex with no regard to children who may be watching, filthy lyrics in rap music, and those who don't forgive the failings of other human beings.

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I dislike.....filthy lyrics in rap music,

Patty, I don't like filthy lyrics in any type of music...

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:33pm

Colin said,

"Patty, I don't like filthy lyrics in any type of music..."

Nor do I, Colin...I should have clarified that.  Thank you.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:51pm
I really dislike narrowminded people who are afraid to consider something unfamiliar.  Bigotry, intolerance and a focus on the physical.  Not just sex.  The image of women that they must be skinny and curvy (which is an oxymoron for 99% of women).  Too many young women being destroyed by trying to obtain these bodies.  Not that I want to be wrapped up in a burka, but bring on the modest clothing and the focus on the mind instead of the body!!!!
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:52pm

I dislike the derogatory words used to describe and demean women in the common venacular.

I dislike the tiny little parking spaces at malls.

I dislike the fact that the CEO of Exxon is getting a $400 million retirement package and I'm having to figure out how I'll pay $3.00 a gallon for gas.

I dislike the word "tubular".

I dislike celebrities who chew gum during interviews: Brittany Spears

I dislike calories. Who came up with this system anyway?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 8:31pm

That certain items in the supermarket are getting smaller, than they used to be, and still the prices goes up

I hate to be made to buy a large bottles of shampoos just for 1 person, me , that would last 12 months or more  small bottles are pretty non existent such as pert2n1 .So much for catering for everybody's taste I say!!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 5:07am
opression, exploitation, innocent killing of our muslim brothers and sisters....
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic