IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good Article About Hijab in the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Article About Hijab in the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:39pm
ak_m_f, I was just curious.Why do you have at the end of your post's the little penguin saying you know the IP address?
Moonie
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 2:01pm
Little penguin is from Linux, just to scare ppl.... y?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 2:52pm

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Hanifa,

I think people every where must realize this that having women wearing hijab as citizen will make a better and peace situation which wont cause any badthings like premarital sex that can cause AIDS!

Your post doesn't convey real information from the real world that I live in.  There are many good things about hijab, but hijab is no guarantee of sexual purity or freedom from Aids.  I personally witnessed prostitutes in jilbab and hijab picking up guys while I lived in Jordan.

We need to remember to wear modest clothing and behave modestly.  Both are elements that society needs to help it improve.  Too many people do not combine both elements, or lose the spirit of our faith for following only its outward manifestations.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:00pm
Dear sister herjihad,where did you live in Jordan? Our home and family is in Jordan.Though I was raised in America (and my husband in Jordan) I feel that Jordan is my home. We are from a village called Saidour not too far from Irbid.Saidour can be spelled Saydour too. It's very beautiful there.We even get snow there! From your sister,Moona
Moonie
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:52pm

Bismillah,

'Amman or Philidelphia as it was known before.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#993333 size=3>wonderful Post, seems I am having the same problem with hijab as Yvonne is, but in my job field it is worse, I am only allowed to wear a modified bandana hijab (nursing) and now most people think I am a catholic nun...lol�� Allahu Akbar!

maryah

dear sisters, what you think about wearing a wig?? i've heard that one of my muslim teacher was wearing a wig before.
and what about shaving our head to bald?? so no hair is seen, so no need for hijab..:) 'k just kidding.
i think i should make a stable career, or should get some experience and after that i'll cover my head. but i don like black or white colours, because they really do scare people around. May Samed bless you.

Edited by sister_m82
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:02am

Bismillah,

Wearing a wig is the Jewish way to "cover" their hair.  Silly.

A dear friend and Sister shaved her head for the fun of it and continued to wear hijab.  Ma'shah Allah.  She was beautiful both with hair and without it!

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 11:37am
Sweety, Wearing wig and shaving head hair (for women) was prohibited by our Prophet(saw)....

I would look horrible as bald

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic