IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please can we spare a thought...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please can we spare a thought...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 12:49pm

Either way the point of this post was to pay a small form of respect to the 2500/3000 plus people that died today.   A little issue you seem to have over looked.

Is this really that hard to do?

Edited by Ketchup
"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Tim Evans View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

Alternatively couldnt he have realised that even us non believers can have compassion for our fellow man?  I posted this out of respect, yet get attacked for it.. does everything have to come down to the evil west arguement.

Tim if you feel nothing for these people that have lost thier lives then I feel extreme pity for you.

Kechup,

Unlike many good folk on the site I do not have an endless reserve of patience. A fault I know, but there it is.

I have to tell you that you have completely misunderstood much of what has been said in a number of debates, not just my posts. OR You are being deliberately obtuse. But before you fly off the handle again, calling me a "troll', and worse in my philosophy, get back and accept the truce offered. If you want, we will see if  this can get sorted. Tim

Edited by Tim Evans
Tim in Britain
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 1:14pm

Thank you Tim.

Quote Either way the point of this post was to pay a small form of respect to the 2500/3000 plus people that died today.   A little issue you seem to have over looked.

Another questioned I had has been answered.  The inability to see genuine plight caused by an natural disaster (earthquake) that isn't the direct fault of the west.

You should be ashamed.  These people meant something to someone.

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 1:46pm
Not that I am kind of chasing to post after every good posts that sis ketchup has posted, but I can't help appreciating our sympathies for the poor and helpless people, irrespective of their color and faith. I must, therefore, share my sympathesis for these poor people, the least that I can do sitting here.
Tim Evans View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 2:29pm

All this is just sentimental nonsense which so many people, especially the wealthy societies  comfort themselves and others with, in the face of disasters material reality. This sentimentality binds together people who are opposed to reorganizing the world so that all societies can be based on a system of helping each other, inside of exploiting each other. 

Edited by Tim Evans
Tim in Britain
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Tim Evans Tim Evans wrote:

All this is just sentimental nonsense which so many people, especially the wealthy societies  comfort themselves and others with, in the face of disasters material reality. This sentimentality binds together people who are opposed to reorganizing the world so that all societies can be based on a system of helping each other, inside of exploiting each other. 

So has this system you are advocating got a name Tim? Is it an "ism" of some sort? Or is it a revolutionary new system you have lined up for us? Something so new that it has yet to gain "ism" status?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Tim Evans Tim Evans wrote:

Angel'

You are absolutely correct it is a bit long and I would have attempted to edited down, but I had only just found it, and I had to go out so I just posted it all. Anyway, its on record as an alternative view of life in the Philippines which is seldom seen on the BBC. Some of it might be considered a bit dry and formalistic by local (British)standards, but it is the view of the Philippines communists for everyone to read.

Thanks for your note.

ok, cool

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 11:33pm

AssalamuAlaikum,

It is very devastating for the poor people of Philipines. May Allah help them recover from this traumatic scenario.

We should try to help them in whatever the way we can by contacting relief agencies such as red cross. The least we can do is pray for the victims, our fellow human beings to come out of this natural disaster. 

Peace 

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic