IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question on Hadith, Sunnah and the Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on Hadith, Sunnah and the Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 10:42am

Angela,

You are right.  The Quran is perfect.    It's content is flawless.  BUT that doesn't mean we don't need a teacher/example to show us how to take the content of the Quran and implement it into our lives.  

The prophet is our teacher.  He brought the quran to life through his example.   He explained it with his tounge.  Allah says:

25:33 And no question do they bring to thee but We reveal to thee the truth and the best explanation (thereof).

During the time of the prophet there were no written hadith and there was no need for such because he was there as an example.  Now, in this day and age the hadith is our connection to the prophet (s.a.w). 

We have to ask ourselves, "why did Allah ta'la send us messengers?"  He's the Almighty, he could have sent down books without messengers.  The fact is that in many areas, we need an example and/or explanation for verses, commandments,etc.  It doesn't make the Quran flawed or incomplete, it makes us HUMAN. 

Hope this helps 

Salaam

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 2:52pm
A piano is perfect & complete in that it has all the notes and one can play
anything on it. But we non-virtuosos still need composers and musicians to
enjoy it.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 3:05pm
David, I appreciate your analogy.  I understand.  The Hadiths are the user manual to the program.  That makes much more sense.
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 6:31pm

It is my belief that all Knowledge is part of the Book of Knowledge and this knowledge is in part a test to All Mankind.

Therefor one can say that any every Book is part of Islam and Life.

Whether a Book is of a Negative or Positive Nature it is a test to All Mankind to decipher what is learned from such a text and to correctly guide others to it's use or discard it.

The challenge it seems with which we are faced is to share knowledge so all Mankind may be raised to the Station for which they were intended.  That Station is Gaurdian of Themselves, others and The World.

To mean the Word Islam is the same as the Word Life and both of these words discribe a process which we are all in and that is to be good, loving, caring resopectful people and if we are not on this path then why not.

I mean no disrespect to anyone in speaking as I have.

This is in part my understanding and belief in Islam and Life.

If you ask people of other cultures they will tell you they have words that sound differently but discribe the Process of Life and Islam too.

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

YUSUFALI: It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.

Edited by amlhabibi2000
Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic