IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus & his seperation from Divinty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus & his seperation from Divinty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 3:45am

whatever!
Pinoy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 6:15am
Greetings,

All I know is, I'm down with Jesus!
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:07am

Originally posted by fresh fresh wrote:

whatever!

Uh-huh.  Are you from Southern California by chance? 

aesthete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 12:31pm
Angela said: "What he is saying here is that you need to focus on the right things. Actions are important, mercy, and faith. If you get up in who are Prophets, Apostles and righteous men, then you lose sight of what's important. Charity and Love."

Something I think you need to go and preach to your fellow Christians!

Edited by aesthete
aesthete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 12:33pm

A comparative concerning carrying excess baggage

Two travelling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out.

"Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!" "Brother," the second monk replied, "I set her down on the other side, while you are still carrying her."

Zen Story

Gospel: Matthew - 10:11

And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

Gospel: Matthew - 10:12

And when ye come into a house, salute it.

Gospel: Matthew - 10:13

And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Gospel: Matthew - 10:14

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

no, my problem with you is that i asked and was interested in the foundation of your belief (ie in the world politics section), because i am open to, and thought i might learn something from you� maybe then i would cross reference what you shared with me, with what my closest friend (a life long Christian) & i have learnt from the Bible�..

however you are obviously not interested in taking on board any opinion other than your own (peoples), even other Christian perspectives�..

so yeah, i will carry on cross referencing without having a tag around my neck thank you very much�

Edited by aesthete
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 9:54am

Its not that I am not interested in any other opinion, its that I have my opinion and you have yours.  You asked for my foundations.  Here are my foundations.

The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, the Bible, the teachings of the Prophets, ancient and modern.  (all books and articles)

Faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and Savior of mankind.

Belief in Baptism, the Holy Spirit, Sacrement (Communion), the Holy Temple and the Priesthood.

I believe in and sustain the leaders of my church and their guidence. And I believe in the Restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith and the miracle of his first vision.

I cannot agree with certain opinions present, because I do not agree with them.  The other christian churches are corrupted in some form or another.  I cannot accept some of their perspectives on Christ and God (such as the Trinity Doctrine) because its flawed and corrupted. 

You probably will have great difficulty referencing my teaching with that of your Christian friend.  It would be like comparing what a Shia told me with what a Sunni told me or a Sufi. 

You say I'm not interested in your opinion, but neither are you interested in mine.  I will not reject the divinity of Christ because you want me to, and you will not accept the divinity of Christ.  So, all I ask it that you respect my arguments the same way I respect yours.  They are different and come from different sources.

ubiety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubiety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:41pm

�The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, the Bible, the teachings of the Prophets, ancient and modern. (all books and articles)�

I have to say that you do not believe in all books, for you have not accepted the Qu�an, nor Islam as the Way. And this is despite the fact that Islam acknowledges all past Prophet�s {SAW}.

If you are not interested, not much point in my mentioning John 14:16 then�

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever.

Of course the powers that be have diluted this, in their opinion it is referring to the holy ghost and not the Prophet Muhammad {SAW}.

So in other words you are here - to tell all Muslim�s you are Christian, you reject Islam, and you wish to be left alone in your own belief�.. OK, I heard, hope you feel better now.

Why do I get the feeling you are not just going to return to your people now?��.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:40pm

Because you are not the only person on this site I talk to, and this site is not for Muslims only....I will continue to come here and learn about Islam and to promote understanding of my faith.

Oh, the (all books and articles) was explaining what the things I listed were.  I obviously don't believe in ALL books. 

Oh, and the prophecies that another would come....well, you aren't the only religion with a Prophet and a restoration of the truth as the core of the belief system.  Perhaps it was Brother Joseph not Muhammed. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic