IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Watch This, Please?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watch This, Please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings Friendship,

I wonder if you, or Abu Loren, listened to what Evans had to say, as I listened to what Ehrman had to say.
Ehrman may be on point, but he misses the mark.

Muhammad brought one distorted teaching of Christianity.  But you of course believe God spoke to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel, so you will disregard this.

All religions take on aspects of the culture in which they find themselves, therefore we must look for the one core teaching that is universal to the religion.  Do you know the universal core teaching that binds all Christianity?  And what is the universal core teaching that binds all Islam?

I was already planning to share this with you, which I wrote this morning.  I was thinking about how I feel it is wonderful that you are getting to know so much about you Jewish brethren.
Is it possible that all religion has something to offer one another?  It is a Godless world that we need to be concerned about.  Doesn't this in-fighting only serve to lead us all away from God?  Isn't that what the devil has in mind... to eradicate God from our hearts, from our minds, from our lives?

All religions derive a little from one another - they are all God-related.  God seeking - seeking for purpose to life.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Evans was dodging the real difficult issues. He was blabbering and indecisive with trying to fool the public with his scholarly mumbo-jumbo.

I had to laugh at your statement "Muhammad brought one distorted teaching of Christianity."

"All religions derive a little from one another - they are all God-related. God seeking - seeking for purpose to life."

By your reasoning above it makes it ok for idol worship. It is not OK because God Almighty has been telling man not to associate anything with Him but we still continue to do so. He nearly destroyed humanity, save a handful on the Ark. It looks like the Ark is still sailing on muddy waters....
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 11:51am
Greetings Abu Loren,

Open minded Christians are very aware that they are "copies, of copies, of copies"... this changes nothing in the inherent core message.  Tell me how these details are essential.

"To love your God with all of your heart and soul
 To love your neighbour as yourself"

Yes.  This was the message that Jesus specifically brought.  Moses brought the law.  The other prophets gave prophesies about what would happen if people turn away from God.

5.  Not blindly.  Not at all.  You have no idea how much questioning I have done.  It is Jesus that is undeniable, and Jesus is found in the Gospels.

Read up on Hinduism... you'd be amazed how much Islam derives from it, when you see the similarities in the teaching.  If you will read.  Check out this link.
http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Hindu_Scriptures.htm

"What can Christianity offer Islam?"
What it does offer Islam... "love your neighbour as yourself"
Do you believe in the Bible's teaching against homosexuality?  Do Christianity and Islam have this in common?
Do you believe in the Bible's teaching against promiscuity?  Do Christianity and Islam have this in common?
Do you believe in the Bible's teaching against drunkenness?  Do Christianity and Islam have this in common?
I could go on.
Muhammad knew the form of Christianity that existed in Syria.  All religions take on aspects of the culture in which they find themselves, therefore we must look for the one core teaching that is universal to the religion.  Do you know the universal core teaching that binds all Christianity?  And what is the universal core teaching that binds all Islam?

Salaam,
Caringheart

On a personal note;
About #4 - Have I ever yet made any snide or condescending remarks, personal insults, or attacks the character of anyone on this forum.  Have I not always given respect?

Edited by Caringheart - 21 October 2012 at 11:59am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 2:36pm
Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

I want to make it clear that by attributing mistakes to the NT, does not mean that I am accusing Jesus son of Maryam of saying something not revealed to him by the G-d of Abraham. I am stressing that some individuals after he left the world distorted what Allah revealed to him. This is mentioned clearly in the Qur'an 2:79, "Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby. What Professor Craig said has been rejected by the majority of theologians in the world. Muhammad taught us top respect what we hear from all those with the scripture before him, only to engage in what the Qur'an rejected. If you had taken the trouble of reading Muhammad Rasulullah and the People of the Book as I advised you will be convinced. I regard the four gospels as one book and not one independent of the other. The authors do not have to narrate the same story. That has no bearing in the meaning of Islam. Understand that I am applying the teaching methodology of Muhammad Rasulullah to understand the NT. As I said earlier, what is obvious is in the matter of G-d of Abraham having a son. Also note that there are other details about Jesus son of Maryam in the Qur'an not mentioned in the NT. Luke mentioned briefly the story of the family of Imran. The birth of Jesus son of Maryam is more detailed in the Qur'an and appeals to commonsense than in the NT.
You said: Do you know the universal core teaching that binds all Christianity?  And what is the universal core teaching that binds all Islam?
Answer.  You still do not listen and learn. Christianity according to Professor Wilfred Cantwell Smith is a name coined by some theologians after the death of Jesus son of Maryam. This agrees with the teaching of Muhammad. Therefore there is no universal core teaching in Christianity other than what Jesus son of Maryam said in Matthew 5:19-22. There is only one law Giver although they may vary from nation to nation. I explained to you that Islam means submission to the Supreme being- the Allah of Abraham. Islam does not mean what Allah revealed to Muhammad alone. Therefore the universal core teaching among the prophets of Allah is the same. How do you bury your tribe? Who fashioned you while you were in the womb of your mother?
You said: I was thinking about how I feel it is wonderful that you are getting to know so much about you Jewish brethren.
Is it possible that all religion has something to offer one another?
Answer: No one can do without the Jews today. I love them because of how the Qur'an narrated their relationship with Allah. Muhammad was most kind and lenient to them. He married one of them from the tribe of Aaron. He never punished them but according to the Torah. They were instrumental to perfecting, completing and choosing him as the Messiah and savior of mankind. How I wished the Jews will listen to me!
You said:  It is a Godless world that we need to be concerned about.  Doesn't this in-fighting only serve to lead us all away from God?  Isn't that what the devil has in mind... to eradicate God from our hearts, from our minds, from our lives?
Answer: This is what I am pointing put to you and not to the Muslim followers of Muhammad. This in-fighting you are talking of is supported by the Western world in fear of Islam- submitting to the Commands of Allah. You will never agree to remove that Godless world for you Westerners prefer to deal with Muslim despots and tyrants. Muhammad told us what to do. His teachings must be put into practice - establish the Caliphate! But you deny and reject it in preference to the Qur'an.
Are you ready to contribute in establishing the Caliphate?

Friendship.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

I will point this fact to people like nospam001, Ronn Webb, partially Caringheart etc what we should avoid:-

وان كلام المرء فى غير كنهه     لكالنبل تهوى ليس فيها نصالها       

Confused  If you're going to point something out to me, you'll need to say it in English.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 3:22pm

Greetings Abu Loren,Open minded Christians are very aware that they are "copies, of copies, of copies"... this changes nothing in the inherent core message.� Tell me how these details are essential."To love your God with all of your heart and soul�To love your neighbour as yourself"Yes.� This was the message that Jesus specifically brought.� Moses brought the law.� The other prophets gave prophesies about what would happen if people turn away from God.5.� Not blindly.� Not at all.� You have no idea how much questioning I have done.� It is Jesus that is undeniable, and Jesus is found in the Gospels.Read up on Hinduism... you'd be amazed how much Islam derives from it, when you see the similarities in the teaching.� If you will read.� Check out this link.http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Hindu_Scriptures.htm"What can Christianity offer Islam?"What it does offer Islam... "love your neighbour as yourself"Do you believe in the Bible's teaching against homosexuality?� Do Christianity and Islam have this in common?Do you believe in the Bible's teaching against promiscuity?� Do Christianity and Islam have this in common?Do you believe in the Bible's teaching against drunkenness?� Do Christianity and Islam have this in common?I could go on.__________________________
Evans was dodging the real difficult issues. He was blabbering and
indecisive with trying to fool the public with his scholarly
mumbo-jumbo.
I can see why you might see it that way at the beginning.� Did you watch and listen all the way to the end of the debate, or just watch the beginning?
I had to laugh at your statement "Muhammad brought one distorted teaching of Christianity."
Muhammad knew the form of Christianity that existed in Syria.� All religions take on aspects of the culture in which they find themselves, therefore we must look for the one core teaching that is universal to the religion.� Do you know the universal core teaching that binds all Christianity?� And what is the universal core teaching that binds all Islam?Salaam,Caringheart__________________________On a personal note;About #4 - Have I ever yet made any snide or condescending remarks, personal insults, or attacks the character of anyone on this forum.� Have I not always given respect?

Caringheart,
I wanted to correct you on the following that you say were commandment Jesus brought.
You said: ""To love your God with all of your heart and soul To love your neighbour as yourself"
Yes. This was the message that Jesus specifically brought. Moses brought the law. The other prophets gave prophesies about what would happen if people turn away from God."

What you said in incorrect, the OT already has those two commands:
Deuteronomy 7:12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the Lord your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors.
Leviticus 19:18 �... but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 22 October 2012 at 3:27pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Caringheart,
I wanted to correct you on the following that you say were commandment Jesus brought.
You said: ""To love your God with all of your heart and soul To love your neighbour as yourself"
Yes. This was the message that Jesus specifically brought. Moses brought the law. The other prophets gave prophesies about what would happen if people turn away from God."

What you said in incorrect, the OT already has those two commands:
Deuteronomy 7:12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the Lord your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors.
Leviticus 19:18 �... but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

Thank you for the correction. Smile

Salaam,
Caringheart
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:16am
If you are careful to discern, you will see that Ehrman is what a true unbeliever is... one who wants to discount all belief in God and seeks the ways to do it. 
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:29am

If you are careful to discern, you will see that Ehrman is what a true unbeliever is... one who wants to discount all belief in God and seeks the ways to do it. 

What a ridiculous statement.

In his scholarly duties he found out that the Bible is corrupted to the core and can't be trusted as the inerrant words of God. He lost his faith in the process.

If he, somehow, came in contact with the Holy Qur'an he will restore his faith in God and he will find the TRUTH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic