IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Off and On again  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off and On again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:09am
Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

I Mean No Disrespect Here Ok . Do You Know The History U.S . ?/ Do You Fear The Truth / Or Are You Just Truning A Blind Eye To What Really Going On In The Real World ??? Just Wondering Ok .

I think your comment might be seen as disrespectful. How would educated people not know about US history? But educated people are also aware of the entire history, the good and the bad. This is what I mean by selective perception. A history of freedom of thought led to breathtaking scientific discoveries and engineering marvels. We would not even have this discussion right now without the invention of the web browser.

Name one country with only a good and no bad history. Imperialism is not a Western invention. The whole of North Africa was conquered after the death of the Prophet. Later came the Ottoman empire, another imperialist movement.

But we can learn from mistakes made in the past and build a better future. Today Arabs can ask for help to avoid the slaughter of their Arab brothers and sisters in Libya by a lunatic called Gaddafi. And American pilots are willing to risk their lives to save innocent civilians in an Arab country. They did this in Bosnia too. Americans killing Serbian Christians to save Muslims in Bosnia.

Yes, there's also Iraq, but keep in mind that more than 100 million Americans didn't agree with Bush. The world is not black and white. The world is not good here and bad over there. Once we realize this, IssaEl999, we can escape the vicious cycle of mistrust and build a better future.

Edited by Matt Browne - 31 March 2011 at 8:13am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

I Mean No Disrespect Here Ok . Do You Know The History U.S . ?/ Do You Fear The Truth / Or Are You Just Truning A Blind Eye To What Really Going On In The Real World ??? Just Wondering Ok .

I think your comment might be seen as disrespectful. How would educated people not know about US history? But educated people are also aware of the entire history, the good and the bad. This is what I mean by selective perception. A history of freedom of thought led to breathtaking scientific discoveries and engineering marvels. We would not even have this discussion right now without the invention of the web browser.

Name one country with only a good and no bad history. Imperialism is not a Western invention. The whole of North Africa was conquered after the death of the Prophet. Later came the Ottoman empire, another imperialist movement.

But we can learn from mistakes made in the past and build a better future. Today Arabs can ask for help to avoid the slaughter of their Arab brothers and sisters in Libya by a lunatic called Gaddafi. And American pilots are willing to risk their lives to save innocent civilians in an Arab country. They did this in Bosnia too. Americans killing Serbian Christians to save Muslims in Bosnia.

Yes, there's also Iraq, but keep in mind that more than 100 million Americans didn't agree with Bush. The world is not black and white. The world is not good here and bad over there. Once we realize this, IssaEl999, we can escape the vicious cycle of mistrust and build a better future.

( First I Don't Care What Your Think Overstand )
 I Don't Accept Testimony Overstsand And I Don't See The World Through Eye Of A Needle Ok . And I See The US. As The Bully Of The Planet . And For Those Who See It Like You  Owell . Anyway My Post Have To Be Prove Before They're Posted , In Some Of Forum Here , Why Get Into This Anti-American  Game  Keyword Game / His-STORY / And Not  History ?

Edited by IssaEl999 - 31 March 2011 at 8:38am
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 7:12am

IssaEl999 you are nothing but an antagonistic, self centred, trouble maker, so please do us all a favour and stop with your st**id ramblings, but hey thats just my opinion i'm sure in your own little world you are right in everything you say and do and it all makes sense to you!

Gibbs I totally agree with you, there are many many muslims to feel that to ask a question of them about Islam is an attack on them, but rest assured not all of us are like that.  The people who generally see it as an attack are the ones who are so insecure in their faith and belief that they are unable to respond in any other way than to go on the offensive.

We muslims are always saying to everyone that Islam is the one and only perfect way of life, well its time to prove it by not being afraid of any questions asked of us but to welcome the questions and give answers to them in as close a way to the way the Prophet (PBUH) would and have answered them.

Lets look to ourselves and correct our own wrong thinking and wrong actions before we start blaming on the ills affecting the muslim world on the americans or the british or Israel or the men from mars or anyone else.  Surely we have to take responsibility for our own actions do we not?

To give you a quick example, with the recent burning of the Koran in america and the violence taking place in Afghanistan.  Some people say the violence and deaths in Afghanistan have occured because the preacher burned the Koran thousands of miles away, and they blame him for all thats going on, but i I say no, the responsibility of whats happening in Afghanistan lies at the feet of those people who went on the rampage and attack the buildings and the UN officials. Its time we took responsibility for own actions instead of blaming others.  The Afghans decided to react in this way so the responsibility is their own.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by pure_columbian pure_columbian wrote:

To give you a quick example, with the recent burning of the Koran in america and the violence taking place in Afghanistan.  Some people say the violence and deaths in Afghanistan have occured because the preacher burned the Koran thousands of miles away, and they blame him for all thats going on, but i I say no, the responsibility of whats happening in Afghanistan lies at the feet of those people who went on the rampage and attack the buildings and the UN officials. Its time we took responsibility for own actions instead of blaming others.  The Afghans decided to react in this way so the responsibility is their own.

I totally agree with you in principle, however is there no legitimate claim of responsibility whatsoever for the preacher's action?  The UK has a law against racial and religious hatred;  "A person who uses threatening words or behavior, or displays any written material which is threatening... if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred".  I think Holocaust denial falls under this law.
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pure_columbian pure_columbian wrote:

IssaEl999 you are nothing but an antagonistic, self centred, trouble maker, so please do us all a favour and stop with your st**id ramblings, but hey thats just my opinion i'm sure in your own little world you are right in everything you say and do and it all makes sense to you!

Gibbs I totally agree with you, there are many many muslims to feel that to ask a question of them about Islam is an attack on them, but rest assured not all of us are like that.  The people who generally see it as an attack are the ones who are so insecure in their faith and belief that they are unable to respond in any other way than to go on the offensive.

We muslims are always saying to everyone that Islam is the one and only perfect way of life, well its time to prove it by not being afraid of any questions asked of us but to welcome the questions and give answers to them in as close a way to the way the Prophet (PBUH) would and have answered them.

Lets look to ourselves and correct our own wrong thinking and wrong actions before we start blaming on the ills affecting the muslim world on the americans or the british or Israel or the men from mars or anyone else.  Surely we have to take responsibility for our own actions do we not?

Name Calling Is A Sign Of A Fear , At Any Time You Feel You Can Disprove ANYTHING I Post Bring It . But If You Do Come , You Better Come Right Or Don't Come At All Overstand .  Don't Let You Mouth Write A Check Your ***Can't Cash .

Edited by IssaEl999 - 05 April 2011 at 1:47pm
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 5:59pm

Issa, the first thing you should do is stick to English words and not the ones you cobble together out of your imagination. This way perhaps we could have a dialogue based on common understanding and not misunderstanding.    

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 7:10pm
For a change I would concur with above post...
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Issa, the first thing you should do is stick to English words and not the ones you cobble together out of your imagination. This way perhaps we could have a dialogue based on common understanding and not misunderstanding.    

Excuses Excuse

Edited by IssaEl999 - 06 April 2011 at 5:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic