IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Angels  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Angels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:26pm

Another tale was Israfil who in Hebrew is called (Israfel)

It is said that Israfel (angel of Ressurection/Judgement Day) is to descend on the Holy temple mount and blow the trumpet to summon both the dead and the living. While standing as tall as the seven heavens, Israfel is described as having four wings and a host of eyes. His other heavenly duties are to sing endless hymns praising God. It is said that his voice is so beautiful that God takes the very breath of Israfel to create life in other angels who they themselves sing endless hymns in God's name.\

One of the most sad and compassionate tales is that Israfel is said to keep watch over hell 6 times a week and each time he weeps uncontrollably and intensely. So intense, that God holds his tears back to keep the earth from flooding. He weeps because of the plight of the damned in hell and their cries when they are tormented. Legend also states that he has aided Muhammad (peace be upon him) in his formation of Islam in Arabia.

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 8:34am

Bismillah

"Tales", "folklore" are not sources for authentic Islamic teachings. I would personally suggest to reconsider posting fables and attributing them to Islam. There are numerous ahadeeth on the subject. Why spread tales? 

MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 4:28pm
Well you asked for sources I just named a few from a book I studied long ago they are pretty authentic as their sources are "Islamic sources" I'm not spreading anything you asked about authenticity I gave it to you. I you wish for a listing of sources all you have to do is ask. "Folklore" doesn't necessarily mean that its "untrue" sometimes folklore pertains to a certain "additional" tale but not far from any truth. As we see in the Qur'an Allah says "And we have messengers flying on wings two, three and four." Please brother lighten up and be specific in your request.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:08pm

Bismillah

So far you have not provided any sources. What is the book called and who is the author?

When it comes to discussing Angels or something of which little is known thorugh observation (in the case of Angels - it is nothing) there is absolutely NO other reliable source other than Quran or authentic hadith. If you have enough evidence from these two sources to support your "tales" please do so.

We live in times when a clear distinction is necessary to be made between Islam and folklore. I strongly recommend you focus on basics and fundamentals of Islam in order to build strong foundation and understanding before jumping to someone's false fantasies.

Otherwise, brother, you are moving in a wrong direction... and i sincerely wish you the best.

And Allah knows best.

MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 4:18pm
No Offense but I believe that I posted the book's title prior to my last post...please read again "The Book" which I specifically stated that was a book I used for my religions class was called "Angels from A to Z." Now you asked for references you didn't specifically state anything in particular only which is according to Islamic reference but didn't state in particular what reference you want me to cite. I only want specifics as I cannot read your mind. The only purpose for me was to show how wonderful God's creation is not to commit Bid'ah or Shirk or anything else. Obviously alas this is the problem with our Ummah we jump to conclusions. I'm not the problem here...There are far worse individuals who post far worse than what I have I suggest you focus on them than me...Dont worry about my soul...As'Salaamu Alaikum
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 5:21pm

Salam,

Probably the books meant by Israfil is this Angels A to Z

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 8:58pm

Bismillah

Assalamu'alaikum Brother Israfil,

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Now you asked for references you didn't specifically state anything in particular only which is according to Islamic reference but didn't state in particular what reference you want me to cite.

Originally posted by Earlier I Earlier I wrote:

When it comes to discussing Angels or something of which little is known thorugh observation (in the case of Angels - it is nothing) there is absolutely NO other reliable source other than Quran or authentic hadith.

"Angels A to Z" by Lori Carangelo or James R. Lewis is not a source for Islam and there is little more damaging than a Muslim deducing any "Islamic" teachings, especially concerning Angels, from such literature and later on spreading them on the board where newcomers can get easily confused and navigated in the wrong direction. You don't pick vegetarian cooking recipee guide when preparing to make a steak, do you? 

The problem of this Ummah is it's ignorance of the Qur'an and Sunnah as the primary source and its percepion that intellectual ability and reasoning alone is sufficient to understand God and His commands.

Having once read that you were planning to write series of books, i now would like to strongly recommend you spend more time reading and undestanding the very basics first.

The danger of Shaitan is when it penetrates one's intellect... the rest only follows.   

Wasalaam.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 9:55pm

Wa' Alaikum Salaam,

The good thing about discussions like this brother is that we don't have to have them again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic