IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A timeline of US atrocities in Afghanistan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A timeline of US atrocities in Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 7:10pm
You know it is sad this war. The people are really sweet. I felt quite nurtured over there. They'd help you in any way they could. Too bad there are not just US people over there to learn and exchange ideas.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 9:09am

Yeah, I love it.  This is a DOD photo, so the weapon is not unattended.

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 7:03am
Good picture. But couldn't help but noticed their M-16A1 assault rifles on the ground unattended next to the little boy.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 6:44am
%5bImage%5d
 1st Lt. Justine Roberts, public affairs officer with I Marine Expeditionary Force (FWD), shows the children how to use a jump-rope, May 15, during a village medical outreach outside Naw-Abad. Marines and medical officers from Brigade Headquarters Group and 3rd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion, I MEF (FWD) and an Afghan National Army medic from Camp Shorabak, set up and conducted the outreach to provide medical care and assess long term medical needs.

Edited by abuayisha - 29 May 2010 at 6:45am
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Boomer I was going to respond to refute a few things you've said but with all this back and forth "I'm right muslims are wrong" discussion here has drained me so I will bow out (again)

I would have been pleased to refute your refutation. That won't be necessary now. The next time you board a commercial airlines, rest assured you are safe from the fundamentalist Lutherans who have a history of shouting Jesus is great as they commit another act of terrorism. Remember also to be on your guard in connection with those radical Presbyterians who have a history of car bombings... Oh, and those Calvinists...
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:12am
Boomer I was going to respond to refute a few things you've said but with all this back and forth "I'm right muslims are wrong" discussion here has drained me so I will bow out (again)
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

I know I said I was done but just had to respond.....

@boomer

You mentioned that Christianity eventually became a positive force after the enlightenment? I guess you missed the inquisition, salem witch trials, and African slavery. All of these done by Christians for the work of the "good lord."

In my vocabulary there is no such thing as Islamic terrorism only terrorism. I agree with abuayisha. Generally good Muslims follow righteousness just as good Jews and Christians. Its the radicals of any faith that spoils it for everyone else.

Please read what I wrote out. I actually wrote that Christianity met with reform and enlightenment. If you do a bit of research, you will discover a period in European Christianity defined as "The Reformation".

The Koran played absolutely no part whatsoever in shaping Western civilization (thank goodness), while the Bible performed a vital role. In fact, the medieval doctrine enshrined in the koran�which is still interpreted literally by Muslims�is completely hostile to the rights and laws that our courts are charged with protecting and upholding. Whether or not you believe in the Bible's spiritual components is, in a court of law, not as important as whether you believe in the democratic principles its moral teachings helped to forge. And Muslims do not believe in those principles.

Yes, the Inquisition was a dark period in Christianity. If you have an issue with that, you should debate that with a Christian. In regard to the slave trade, I'll propose that was an issue of economics as opposed to a "Christian " endeavor. Lastly, I'll point out that slavery was legal in the KSA and Yemen as late as 1962.

If you insist on living in denial regarding islamic terrorism, you put yourself and those around you at risk. We have clearly defined pronouncements from islam's jihad superstars as to where their motivations derive. To ignore that is foolishness.

On January 23, 2005, the former and now very dead jihad superstar, (drum roll please), Jordanian terrorist leader Al-Zarqawi released an audiotape regarding the upcoming elections in Iraq. Zarqawi was, of course, an islamic terrorist kingpin and the undeniable head of the jihadi insurgency against the Allawi Government in Iraq. That�s why his audiotape is of such significance.

Here is a major Islamic terrorist leader, telling us in his own words, directly, what he believes and what motivates his fight. And what does he say?

"We have declared a bitter war against the principle of democracy and all those who seek to enact it,� the speaker, who was identified as Zarqawi, said in the tape posted on Sunday. �Candidates in elections are seeking to become demigods while those who vote for them are infidels. And with God as my witness, I have informed them (of our intentions).�

This is the world view directly from an Al-Queda leader. Notice the complete lack of the usual grievances about Israel, about Western colonialism, about the inequity of our bargaining position in the oil market. No, instead we are told directly that we are to be killed because of who and what we are, because of who and what we believe.

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 8:39am
I know I said I was done but just had to respond.....

@boomer

You mentioned that Christianity eventually became a positive force after the enlightenment? I guess you missed the inquisition, salem witch trials, and African slavery. All of these done by Christians for the work of the "good lord."

In my vocabulary there is no such thing as Islamic terrorism only terrorism. I agree with abuayisha. Generally good Muslims follow righteousness just as good Jews and Christians. Its the radicals of any faith that spoils it for everyone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic