IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Renewal of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Renewal of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 7:10pm
Quote In Islam and Life there will never be one Final Book

I disagree, personally i belive Quran to be a book of all ages. A law so fair that theres no reason to change it, and it is to be incorporated into each one of us freely.

[/quote]as Knowledge is flowing infinitely from Allah to Us in His Mercy and We are Gaurdians of this Trust.  As Humanity evolves to fullfill Our High Station in this World so will the works of Our hands.[/quote]

Sure, i mean im going to read the whole page, but from the first looks of things its seems we differ on some concepts, and issues but as a whole is singing from the same sheet. That of peace and peaceful submission to God, as long and as much as it is possible.

Islam does not need to be renewed. We just need to start practicing it as intended. From our hearts with the book as guidence. and nothing. absolutely NOTHING but the book, and good intentions.

Peace
Noah  
Raman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 11:51pm
Noah...

People sometimes have blind faith... and blind faith can lead you to have faith in idols... the idols your own imagination creates...

Do you know God?

If not... why are you not humble enough to let him guide you...

Blind faith has brought so much suffering to our world and it will continue doing so unless you humbly accept what God is telling you every day, every morning when you recite your first prayer.

If you practice the spiritual practices sincerely you will realise the reality of The Personal God, if you close yourself you are just protecting your ego self... your own little idol
Raman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:20am

Peace be with all...

Noah,
Copenhagen and every other one whose hearts aspire towards Allah...

The Personal God...

The Only One

Let me explain it to you in another way... The relationship between man and God is a Personal relationship... the only one that really exists... the one we establish from our own solitude.

In the same way that when you establish a relationship with another person, any description that you may attempt, even if it is poetical and inspired by that Love that we all equate to God,... will never honour what the person is... the wholeness of that person... its future... its past... what the person is in its totality. In the very same way but very much so, any description of God will never honour what God Is.

Poetry gives us a link to the divine love within, that is why Revelation was given in poetic form, and poetry is not literal, it is words dancing to allow the spirit to express, and there is only One God to which the soul speaks... in poetry... in love.

But we need the names, the poetry, to remember our beloved... And when we love a person, we are loving God. And when we love God we accept and surrender in every way and form to the vastness that is beyond our minds, but we are real and honest in front of him, each second, from the moment we open our eyes every day. Because our relationship with Allah, Whom Is, has just started like in anew life... and our love to him comes back tenfold.

We do not love our beloved by analysing the poem we wrote of her, we love her loving her each moment of our lives. In action. When you are cleaning your house, you are also cleaning the temple where he lives, and the love you put doing it is the love you hold for Him.

Why do you not trust him. He is Alive. He is the nearest thing to you. Don't get lost in analysing the poetry that was revealed to get you in touch with him. Rather feel the poetry and get in touch with His essence through His poetry. And be true to yourself.

If you want Him, surrender to Him, and if you cannot surrender to Him never ever think that He loves you more than to any other human being, because you read His poetry as given to you by His prophet. He is like the sun, and will equally give his heat to a snake as to a rose in the dawning hours.

He Loves you.

And wants you to Love him.

And in this world of our troubled minds he has asked us to let everybody know that there is Only one God.

One for All

And he spoke to men and women in many languages, in many ways, and this is part of our message.

God is One, His messages many. But All messages are from the One same God, because there is only One and thus is obvious.

We want a better world. Well, the first step is precisely this one.

To realise that what this emblem is trying to express is true.

All illumined by the One God

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 5:16am
I still fail to see the problem. I strongly belive in personal guidence, as that is what Quran teaches. "you recite it, we explain it" etc..
This is why we pray, to establish communication on our behalf. But prayer is not limited to a set of rituals at all. You can pray anytime anywhere, and i do this most of the day when im not using my mind for various tasks, i put it with God.

So im unsure what it is you want me to realise. that i should leave Quran? Thats not going to happen, and this is not blind faith at all. I have put that book through all kinds of tests before i accepted it as divine revelation. Dont ever believe that you know the facets or depth another mans faith, just because it perhaps have another way of manifesting itself than what you expect. its rude, illinformed and primitive.

Peace
Noah
Raman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Noah Noah wrote:

I still fail to see the problem. I strongly belive in personal guidence, as that is what Quran teaches. "you recite it, we explain it" etc..
This is why we pray, to establish communication on our behalf. But prayer is not limited to a set of rituals at all. You can pray anytime anywhere, and i do this most of the day when im not using my mind for various tasks, i put it with God

That is exactly right and the right path, and that is how you unfold the relationship with the One God

So im unsure what it is you want me to realise. that i should leave Quran?

No way. What I want you to realise that this is also true for every human being in the unfoldment of his relationship with the One God. What I want you to realise is that there is only One God and that we tread our path towards Him through many paths, but all roads lead to Him... All roads lead to Mecca... All roads lead to Rome... and All are the paths His criatures follow.

Thats not going to happen

Good. You should never do that.

and this is not blind faith at all. I have put that book through all kinds of tests before i accepted it as divine revelation.

That is wise

Dont ever believe that you know the facets or depth another mans faith, just because it perhaps have another way of manifesting itself than what you expect. its rude, illinformed and primitive.

That is exactly it. And the facets or depth of other mans faith applies to all those faiths in the emblem of IFSU. And that is what I want you to realise.

Peace to you also

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:01am
 do allready. I concidder all monotheists my brethren. Who am i to tell them what to do and not. I can give them my personal view point and that is all. What guidence God have for them in their life i have no idea about :).

Peace
Noah
Raman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:37am
The same guidance he has for you. That is the miracle of His Mercifulness.

It is not the purity of any book, it is the purity of the heart of the believer that makes the difference.
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:46am

Raman, just a technical comment: you are apparently loading images from your computer. While they appear on your computer, none of us can see them. In order to make an image visible to the entire community you need to link to an http address.

I did the same thing for a long time!

Yusuf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic