IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims are NOT racist.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims are NOT racist.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I agree it is NOT part of Islam. But it certainly does exist. �If you think that somehow someone is immune from bad idealogies soley because they are Muslim.. then these issues are never addressed.

�

Muslims are rarely racist. Muslim 'racism' came into vogue after West begun it's 'war on terror'. It was never a subject of serious discussion even 10 years ago.It's a propaganda by the enemies of Muslims to scare non -Muslims and gather political support for attacking Muslims.
Malcolm X, who imported the concept of racial equality and social justice from Islam to America said -
Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and the overwhelming spirit of true brotherhood as is practiced by people of all colors and races here in this ancient Holy Land, the House of Abraham, Muhammad, and all the other Prophets of the Holy Scriptures. For the past week, I have been utterly speechless and spellbound by the graciousness I see displayed all around me by people of all colors. . . .
You may be shocked by these words coming from me. But on this pilgrimage, what I have seen, and experienced, has forced me to rearrange much of my thought-patterns previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have always been a man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of intelligent search for truth.

i think if you ask Muslims who are African-American if there is racism you might get a different answer. No they would not say it is Islam that does this.

They face discrimination not because of their race but because they are not rich enough or very well-educated.

Edited by candid_new - 13 March 2009 at 5:21am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 8:35am
Well Candid, have no idea where you are.. and if youthink racism started after 9-11 well beleive what you want. I personaly have heard people say radcist things.. about black people. So... you can go ahead and say it does not exist. Does not change the fact is DOES exist..

And i saw a video on Hajj and a man from South Africa talked about the racism he felt in Mecca.. so to say it does NOT exist.. that is todeny peoples. reality. So be it.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
candid_new View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Well Candid, have no idea where you are.. and if youthink racism started after 9-11 well beleive what you want.

I never said racism started after 9-11. Most Muslims, of course, are not racist. And you are silent about Aus's comment.

Edited by candid_new - 13 March 2009 at 6:46pm
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:27am
I can not imagine how bad this is . I believe that it does go on. I seen a video of Iraq where they treat fellow muslims bad because of various reasons such as skin colors. This is madness.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:04pm
I believe that the tenants of Islam do not allow racism of any type, but Muslims, well that's a different matter.

I am an American convert and I have heard many Muslims from many different countries speak openly of racist feelings. When I was single I had 2 brothers, one from Eqypt and one from Pakistan, tell me they would NEVER marry an American Muslim woman.
While looking for husbands for friends I have been told by female Muslim relatives of men that they want their son/brother/etc to marry from their own race, they would never accept a black woman into their family, Arab/Pakistani/etc are "better" muslims and wives. My husband has had men tell him they would not meet a sister because she was black and another sister because she was hispanic.

My husband is Moroccan and within his family they want the men to marry very light skinned girls. His aunt has four sons, one of which has very light skin and blue eyes so whenever she would go to a dinner or party with other women she would take the light child and leave the other three at home.  You can't make this stuff up......

If you watch Arabic television one of the most commercial products is skin bleaching cream, and many of the women have on pale cake make up to appear lighter skinned.

I remember one of my best friends from Afghanistan was making fun one time, she said it doesn't matter if the girl's nose is on her forehead and her eyes are crossed as long as she has light skin, light hair, and the crossed eyes are blue or green, all of the Afghani men want to marry her.

So while it shouldn't be this way within the Ummah, it is a reality in many countries.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:33pm
"....they would NEVER marry an American Muslim woman."

Unless, of course, for that prized possession - a GREEN CARD.  After obtaining it, they discard these women like dirty rags.  Some even have a "fatwa" that it's better to take one of these women, that is, for something to, let us say, play with, until you are able to return home a get a "good" wife.  This way, you protect your deen and not have to fornicate.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

"....they would NEVER marry an American Muslim woman."

Unless, of course, for that prized possession - a GREEN CARD.  After obtaining it, they discard these women like dirty rags.  Some even have a "fatwa" that it's better to take one of these women, that is, for something to, let us say, play with, until you are able to return home a get a "good" wife.  This way, you protect your deen and not have to fornicate.

But the muta'a is unlawful so I have to cry "haram, haram, haram"..... which I don't do very often. Wink
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 3:22pm
Shasta's Aunt: Wow, and these people are muslims ?  Why do they want to appear lighter skinned ? They must like the caucasian look and hate all others. I don't see how these people are muslims. there are many stereotypes but these people go overboard.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic