IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Was Christ (pbuh) really Crucified?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Was Christ (pbuh) really Crucified?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 7:22am
Jesus was both fully man and fully God. There is no question.

Remember there us much symbolism involved as well.

DavidC
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 8:28am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Jesus was both fully man and fully God. There is no question.

Remember there us much symbolism involved as well.

DavidC

Well the Encyclopaedia Biblica (Vol.IV, p.4980) says it all - The New Testament was written by Christians for Christians; it was moreover written in Greek for Greek speaking communities.....

And we all know that historically, Jesus (as) was not a Greek or spoke Greek. He was a Hebrew speaking Palestinian.

Jesus' (as) 72 followers during his life-time used to call themselves 'Nazarene' and not Christians. Jesus' (as) divine message was recorded by his step-brother and scribe, St. Barnabas, and not St. Paul (Saul). The Nazarene believed Jesus (as) to be the 'Promised Messiah - a prophet of God'. It was in 325 CE, when the Bible was 'Canonized' by the pagan Roman emperor and Jesus was declared 'God' - based on Roman 'Pagan mythology'.

Have a good day.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 12:31pm
"Aramaic" is considered somewhat more authentically close language spoken of Jesus (PBUH). It is, of course, a more closer variant of Habrew than Greek language. Cheers!
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 2:40pm

I thought we settled this.. if Jesus The Messiah, son of Mary..  was really Crucified...

and the answer was Yes/No

So the christians say Yes - and the Muslims say No. Around and around we go, where do we stop? No Body Knows! - Whos Right and Whos WRonG? "WE are!!!... The're WRong!" .... said the Muslims and Christians in Unison..

This is as repetative and refreshing as a thread on Masturbation.

or maybe i'm just proving the cynics right...

How about somthing new?... Lets talk about what Jesus the Messiah, Son of Mary - Might have looked liked?!..

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

.....So the christians say Yes - and the Muslims say No.

You miss the big spot P.I. - Christians believe that Jesus was 'resurrected' after three days/nights - Jews believe they did with him (jesus) once for all

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

.....So the christians say Yes - and the Muslims say No.

You miss the big spot P.I. - Christians believe that Jesus was 'resurrected' after three days/nights - Jews believe they did with him (jesus) once for all

You are not going to draw me into this debate.. but I will answer you Specifically Rehmat..

yeah... christians do believe Jesus Son of Mary ressurected after being crucified... and Died on the cross right? .. .. I'm pretty sure i'm right... or all 3 years of comparative religion studies have been wrong?... And yeah.. the Jewish populous at the time tried to Kill(Or killed.. what ever view you might hold) Jesus the Messiah son of Mary - for whatever illgottten - vile , selfish reasons they might have had..

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -maryam- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 5:32am

As salam u alaikum,

Nausheen sister thanks alot for the article. I have newly registered here and would love to participate in this forum.

I have a question regarding prophet Isa(pbuh) and his crucified history. As I read this article, I found out(which I also knew frm before) that he was not killed but the other man who got his appearance. But what I haven't got the answer to, is that, when the other man got his appearance, was Isa(pbuh) fled to heaven then? I assume we Muslims believe that he was not dead.. so he must have fled to heaven then, right? Could u provide me with some Ayah/surah which speaks about this certain issue? And i want to read it from the Muslim view and not other religions.

Wa'salam.

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 7:02am
I think, as DavidC has pointed out, the true Christians have faith in one God only without any logic or book. However, when they try to explain the details on the way they comprehend God through later developed theology of "the cross", "the crucifiction" or "the original sin", that is where the problem starts to begin. It is confusing to them more than to any one else, when they try to assimiliate everything that is written in their Bible(OT and NT). This becomes more misleading when, some of them, out of their shear faith (without logic or book), starts to consider the Bible (NT) to be divinely inspired. However, more and more Christian brothers and sisters have now started critically looking at their definition of the God, more objectively than "indoctrinated faith" alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic