IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Muslim Here...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Muslim Here...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by alicia alicia wrote:

Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister alicia, welcome to Islam and this forum.  Insha Allah ( God willing ), you would like this place.

The following link will help you find mosque/Islamic center in your area, and there you would find company of Muslims, insha Allah:

http://www.islamicity.com/orgs/

May Allah reward you abundantly here and hereafter.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Thank you.. I have looked into local mosques. The nearest one is 120 miles away but I do plan on making a trip up there sometime soon...

May Allah help you meet good Muslims in your neighbourhood. Insha Allah, you would also find someone on this forum who belongs to your area that will be helpful in your quest.

May Allah guide us all.  

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 8:31pm
Asalaamu alaikum and welcome new sister:
Yes, Idaho is a large state and the only muslims i know of are in the metro area.
Insha'allah you will meet someone soon. May Allah subanallah wa Taa'la watch over you and your little ones and keep you safe in your faith. It is hard to be alone, but it can be done!
You might want to check at Yahoogroups.com and see if there is a muslim mailing group for Idaho.

Displaying Entry 1 through 8 of 8 entries found. (8 entries displayed).
|

Islamic Center of Boise - (Mosques , Boise, Idaho - USA)

Islamic Center of Boise - (Islamic Centers Mosques , Boise, Idaho - USA)

Islamic Center of Moscow-Masjid Omar - (Mosques , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

MSA-Boise State University - (MSA , Boise, Idaho - USA)

MSA-Idaho State University - (MSA , Pocatello, Idaho - USA)

MSA-University of Idaho - (MSA , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

Muslim Center - (Islamic Centers Mosques , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

Muslim Community of Palouse - (Mosques , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
alicia View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Asalaamu alaikum and welcome new sister:
Yes, Idaho is a large state and the only muslims i know of are in the metro area.
Insha'allah you will meet someone soon. May Allah subanallah wa Taa'la watch over you and your little ones and keep you safe in your faith. It is hard to be alone, but it can be done!
You might want to check at Yahoogroups.com and see if there is a muslim mailing group for Idaho.

Displaying Entry 1 through 8 of 8 entries found. (8 entries displayed).
|

Islamic Center of Boise - (Mosques , Boise, Idaho - USA)

Islamic Center of Boise - (Islamic Centers Mosques , Boise, Idaho - USA)

Islamic Center of Moscow-Masjid Omar - (Mosques , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

MSA-Boise State University - (MSA , Boise, Idaho - USA)

MSA-Idaho State University - (MSA , Pocatello, Idaho - USA)

MSA-University of Idaho - (MSA , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

Muslim Center - (Islamic Centers Mosques , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

Muslim Community of Palouse - (Mosques , Moscow, Idaho - USA)

Thank you! yes the nearest Mosque is in Boise and that is 120 miles from me.

on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 11:23am

Welcome to Islam and welcome to the forum.

I see that being away from social support is a lot difficult for a new Muslim, but wherever a Muslim puts his or her head down (sejde) it becomes a mosque in a way. Remember that Allah is closer to you than anyone else even more than yourself.

I am very happy to hear the good news just as I began to check the new mails in the forum. Be sure that you and other new Muslims become a source of enthusiasm for the older ones-for me for example- and I am very happy that you shared your feelings with us.

May Allah bless you and your children. Hope you find friends around you in your state-to be honest I heard its name for the first time- but you already have a lot of friends here on the web. Sometimes it becomes easier to share things with the forum than it is with real friends. We are here to be friends with you.

Emin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 7:06am
Originally posted by alicia alicia wrote:

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>Hello Everyone... Assalam alaikum! My name is Alicia, I'm a 24 year old college student from Idaho, USA.�I just joined this forum today. I am a new Muslim as of Sept 24th, 2007 when I professed the Shahadah. I am very excited about islam as for I know it is the one true religion of God. I was brought up christian. Went to church at least 3 times a week, and church camp every summer... The older I�became the more I felt that it wasn't right for me.. I think it all started when my pastor's wife told me animals do not go to heaven. This upset me quite a bit for I am a huge animal lover. I have two young children, my oldest will be�five next month and my youngest just turned two. I am recently devorced. My ex husband did not believe in God. Of course he had me believing he did when we first got married but then he would criticise me for being a believer. He became physically and verbally abusive so I left him and filed for devorce. Now I am raising our two children alone. I live in Idaho, there is not a big muslim population where I live. Infact I don't know of any muslims who live in my small town(population around 10,000). I became curious about Islam about 8 months ago, I did not know much, other then all the negitive stuff I have heard over the years.. I was in the library one day and saw a book written by Paul Findly called: Silent No More, I decided to check it out and the more I read the more I was drawn to Islam. I bought my first Qur'an and after reading the first few suras I knew that I had finally found what I was looking for. A couple weeks after becomming a muslim I recieved a Welcom Gift in the mail. It contained a Qur'an, books on Islam, a Prayer Rug, and even a head scarf(Hijab). My two year old boy is obsessed with the Hijab, he always wants to wear it lol... I am just so thankful for everything I recieved. I don't think anyone has ever given me a better gift. I am so happy to have found Islam, but I must admit It has been a little hard for me.. I have not told my family. My father is a very religious Christian Man.. I have tried to discuss Islam with him before, and he in not a very open minded person. He thinks that his religion is right and everyone else is wrong, end of story. Then there is my mother and step father who think all religions are a scam... They believe there is a God, but that is about it. I feel all alone because I do not have other muslims in my area that I can talk with, I want to become a good Muslim women, I want to raise my children to grow up and become good muslim people. So maybe Allah will bless me with meeting new friends.�Anyways, I tried not to talk too much �but if anyone would like to add me to msn (<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>[email protected]<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>) I would love to talk with others about Islam. Thank you...

MashAllah!!! You are in Allah(swt)mercy!
What is your favorite sura i.e. sura which you brought to us (Islam)?
You don't have to told your family immediately! You told them when you be I much stronger about Knowing Islam!

A very good webpage about Islam! You can find everything about Islam in one page!
http://www.harunyahya.com/

Edited by Emin
112:1 SAY: "He is the One God:
112:2 "God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being.
112:3 "He begets not, and neither is He begotten;
112:4 "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him
safeena View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2007 at 9:08pm

Assalamualaikum..sister Alicia..

Ahlan wa sahlan in Islam...

May Allah keep you istiqamah....

ndonalias View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndonalias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 7:54pm

assalamualaikum

dear alicia,

congratulations. believe in Allah and always believe that he is always there for you and no matter what you do He will always ready for you. never stop praying for He loves to hear your prayers and will always answer them. and I pray for you and the other muslims that we will become good muslims.

marchfriday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchfriday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 8:23am

alicia, Assalmo-Alaikum

very warm welcome on this forum, my best wishes and prayers with you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic