IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mahdi country of origin?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMahdi country of origin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 11:49am
Assalaamo alaikum wa rahmatullah.

Somebody has mentioned Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani. He was a liar and a fraud. He suffered a miserable death as a result of a mubahila with the Sufi Abdul Haq Ghaznavi (rahmatullah alaih). In another mubahila with Maulana Sanaullah Amritsari (rahmatullah alaih), Mirza Ghulam Ahmad claimed that the liar would die as a result of some epidemic or disease and he specifically mentioned cholera. By the grace of Allah, this was a truly Heavenly Sign that in 1908 Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died within the lifetime of his opponents whom he challenged to mubahila, and it is a recorded fact in the biography of his father-in-law that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died of cholera. See Hayat-e-Nasir Pg. 14.

This is one of the reasons why I left the cult (Ahmadiyyat).
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 3:23pm
Mirza Ahmad was not Imam Mahdi, nor was he the Messiah.  He did not accomplish anything that Imam Mahdi or the Messiah were supposed to accomplish.  None of the prophecies concerning Imam Mahdi and the Messiah Jesus son of Mary were fulfilled in Mirza Ahmad.  He was one of the many dajjals that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) warned us about.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 11:04pm
Now I heard this recently from a friend of mine (Sunni). Whether it was
stated out of outrage or hatred for Shism I'm not quite sure but he stated
that the Shiites believe that the Mahdi and Jesus Christ will come back to this
world and bring justice. The way justice is to be brought is dividing the good
and evil. The evil will be distroyed through beheadings and that Jesus and
the Mahdi are going to conducted this final blow to mankind...

I didn't believe it then and I do not believe it now nor have I researched it
but is there such traditions among Shiites? Do they actually believe it?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 7:31pm

From amongst the signs of Hour are emergence of Mehdi , Dajjal and Eesa AS. These signs are indicated in the saheeh reports.  Its proven from sunnah, that Mehdi shall meet Isa AS and Dajjal shall be killed by Eesa AS.

Its  narrated that Jaabir ibn �Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: �I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, �A group of my ummah will continue to fight for the truth and prevail until the Day of Resurrection. Then �Eesa ibn Maryam will come down and their leader will say, �Come and lead us in prayer.� But he will say, �No, you are leaders of one another� � as an honour to this ummah.�� - Sahih Muslim

The leader mentioned in this hadeeth is the Mahdi. According to a report narrated by Abu Na�eem and al-Haarith ibn Usaamah, �Their leader the Mahdi will say�� Ibn al-Qayyim said, �Its isnaad is jayyid (good).�

It is proven (in the hadeeth) then when the leader of the Muslims, the Mahdi will come to lead them in praying Fajr, �Eesa ibn Maryam will come down to them, and the imam will step back so that �Eesa can come forward and lead the prayer, but �Eesa will put his hand on his back and say, �Go forward and lead the prayer, for the iqaamah was given for you.� So their imam will lead them in prayer, and when he has finished, then �Eesa will head towards the Dajjaal, with whom will be seventy thousand Jews. When the Dajjaal looks at him, he will melt like salt in water, and the Messiah �Eesa (peace be upon him) will catch up with him at the gate of Lod (which is a town near Jerusalem) and kill him. Then Allaah will cause the defeat the Jews, and there will be nothing that Allaah has created that a Jew hides behind, but Allaah will cause that thing to speak. Rocks, trees, walls and animals will all say, �O Muslim, O slave of Allaah, here is a Jew, come and kill him!� � except for the box-thorn tree (al-gharqad), for it is one of their trees and will not speak.�
Its a part of belief of muslims that Mahdi will emerge. There are many signs as how Mehdi will be, though we have no such hadith in Bukhari and Muslim but its Isnaad is Sahih. He shall be amongst the descendants of Our prophet saws. Right now as a muslim we are not to wait for Mahdi and correct the world, rather strive hard  to support islam and do the best for our religion. We cannot say exactly which country shall he belong to .  Since he;s amongst shall be amingst descendants of our Prophet, so we guess he's going to be an Arab

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
paarsurrey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 9:20pm

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Mirza Ahmad was not Imam Mahdi, nor was he the Messiah.  He did not accomplish anything that Imam Mahdi or the Messiah were supposed to accomplish.  None of the prophecies concerning Imam Mahdi and the Messiah Jesus son of Mary were fulfilled in Mirza Ahmad.  He was one of the many dajjals that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) warned us about.

I submit here two Hadith from Muhammad Khatamun Nabiyyeen SAW:

1.      Yushaku man aasha minkum ianyulka eisabna maryama imamun mahduyyun , hakamun iadualun yakserus saleba wa yaktulul khinzera

One who would be alive (at that time), he would meet Issa (JesusYeshua) s/o Maryam (MaryMerium) in the position of ImamMahdi (DivineGuided), a truthful judge (among faiths/religions); he would break the Cross (with arguments) and kill the swine. (Masnad Ahmad 156/2)

2.      Abu Hurairah narrated from the Prophet Muhammad SAW that he said:

I swear by Him in whose hands rests my life or death that you would definitely witness advent of the Ibne Maryam (Son of Mary); a truthful judge (among faiths/religions), he would break the Cross (with arguments) and kill the swine and suspend the war (for religious conversion).

(Bukhari Kitabul Anbeya, Bab Nazul-e Essa Ibne Maryam)

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 is a truthful person. He is the only claimant of both the offices of the Promised Messiah and ImamMahdi as mentioned in the first Hadith and he has accomplished all the functions and prophecies as mentioned by Muhammad Khatamun Nabiyyeen SAW repeatedly in both the Ahadith.

Thanks

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 4:20am

I have seen this Hadith in Mishkat:

I swear by Him in whose hands rests my life  that you would definitely witness advent of the Ibne Maryam (Son of Mary) as a truthful judge (Hakaman adalan). He will break the Cross and kill the swine and stop the (religious) wars.

Hadith is found in Bukhari and Muslim both.

To me this Hadith is much more important and reliable for many reasons:

1. It is stated by the oath of the prophet.

2. It is given stress by special words and letters 'L' and 'N'.

3. It is telling that Isa a.s. will justly judge all the major issues of discussion amongst religions and sects.

4. It is telling about the breaking of the cross. Some one may explain that term please.

5. It is telling about the killing of the swine. (again needs some explanation).

6. It is telling about the stoppage of all religious wars. That means there will be no wars and no killing at all. (?)

7. This Hadith was spoken by the prophet to the Sahabah ( his companions).

8. There is no mention that Isa a.s. will go killing people.

So while we are working on the subject of the city in which the Imam Mahdi will appear, it would also be better to look at the Hadith quoted above about Hazrat Isa a.s.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 4:22am
Originally posted by paarsurrey paarsurrey wrote:

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

I submit here two Hadith from Muhammad Khatamun Nabiyyeen SAW:

1.      Yushaku man aasha minkum ianyulka eisabna maryama imamun mahduyyun , hakamun iadualun yakserus saleba wa yaktulul khinzera

One who would be alive (at that time), he would meet Issa (JesusYeshua) s/o Maryam (MaryMerium) in the position of ImamMahdi (DivineGuided), a truthful judge (among faiths/religions); he would break the Cross (with arguments) and kill the swine. (Masnad Ahmad 156/2)

2.      Abu Hurairah narrated from the Prophet Muhammad SAW that he said:

I swear by Him in whose hands rests my life or death that you would definitely witness advent of the Ibne Maryam (Son of Mary); a truthful judge (among faiths/religions), he would break the Cross (with arguments) and kill the swine and suspend the war (for religious conversion).

(Bukhari Kitabul Anbeya, Bab Nazul-e Essa Ibne Maryam)

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 is a truthful person. He is the only claimant of both the offices of the Promised Messiah and ImamMahdi as mentioned in the first Hadith and he has accomplished all the functions and prophecies as mentioned by Muhammad Khatamun Nabiyyeen SAW repeatedly in both the Ahadith.

Thanks

paarsurrey,

Your post doesn't represent the standpoint of main stream Islam; therefore, please don't contribute here. Please read guidelines and relevant section rules to follow.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 4:28am
Everyone, no offense is intended to anyone, please read the guidelines and section rules to follow.
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic