IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:29am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

You can not force a slave to have sex with you this is rape in islam and punishable under shariah law, it is permisable to simply have relations with them [if they are willing] but you can not force anyone to do anything.

I'm not talking about forced sex or rape. I am talking about extra-marital sex, which is not rape, but a sin nevertheless. So what you said simply confirms what I've just mentioned, that Islam allows sex out side of a marriage bond. Of course sex with a willing woman is not rape. But it's still a sin (khalwat). Why is the Quran prescribing this?

Allah in Quran tells us of the actions of past nations and his final judgment towards them, he also gives commands to the muslim Ummah a small part are direct and literal while others establish legal principles which are to be enforced in accordance to time and situation, which is why it is not permisable to take a rulling given to one person about his particular situation and go and aply it somewhere else where the same conditions do not exist.

In that case, then a lot of verses in the Quran becomes irrelevant today. Am I right?

an example of a legal principle "dire circumstance necessitate ease" which means that something like drinking alcohol to stop you from chocking would be permisable or eating pig so as not to starve to death is fine. These principles can be aplied in diferent situations at any time and to the person observing from the outside he wont know that the person is acting upon such principles if he himself does not know them which is why those less educated in islamic law often confuse the intentions of the law giver as there are many other principles in islam for diferent things all from the quran or sunnah or actions of the companions.

I agree with you. In dire circumstances, we have to take nessassary steps to maintain our life, lest we die of thirst or hunger. So I'm fine if Muslims are allowed to drink alcohol or eat pork, simply for the sake of survival.

But I'm not corcerned with the issue of survival. I'm talking about sex with slaves. You won't die if you're unable to have sex. Maybe you'll get frustrated, but you won't die. So this issue cannot be called "Dire Circumstances".

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Trident Trident wrote:

But I'm not corcerned with the issue of survival. I'm talking about sex with slaves. You won't die if you're unable to have sex. Maybe you'll get frustrated, but you won't die. So this issue cannot be called "Dire Circumstances".

maybe it stopped them from becoming homos ?
artscholbe View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscholbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 7:07pm

Perhaps I am posting this in the wrong place. I am new here. My question has to do with just how Christians can get along with Muslims since the Hadith and the Koran preaches that Jesus is not the Son of God, and to say that he is is a blasphemy worthy of being killed for. I know that under the Sharia'h people are killed over this, how can we Christians in this country expect to live amicablely with those who believe in this manner?

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:37am
Originally posted by artscholbe artscholbe wrote:

Perhaps I am posting this in the wrong place. I am new here. My question has to do with just how Christians can get along with Muslims since the Hadith and the Koran preaches that Jesus is not the Son of God, and to say that he is is a blasphemy worthy of being killed for. I know that under the Sharia'h people are killed over this, how can we Christians in this country expect to live amicablely with those who believe in this manner?

what does Jesus has to do with getting along? I have many friends who say Jesus never existed and they will rather stick to big-bird instead of bible.

No one is forcing anything down you throat, If you dont want to believe something then dont, but if you hate them because they dont believe in Jesus then ur plain racist.

I suggest you read another thread in the forum about "Mr Rahman"

Christians in this country expect to live amicablely with those who believe in this manner

Which country you are talking about? I hope its not USA, Founding fathers didnt made USA on Bible.

Edited by ak_m_f
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:26am
Originally posted by artscholbe artscholbe wrote:

My question has to do with just how Christians can
get along with Muslims since the Hadith and the Koran preaches that
Jesus is not the Son of God, and to say that he is is a blasphemy worthy of
being killed for. I know that under the Sharia'h people are killed over this,
how can we Christians in this country expect to live amicablely with those
who believe in this manner?

A tiny percentage of majority Muslim countries have this death penalty
provison, but it is not for being Christian. It is for Muslims who reject
Islam only.

There are some sharp differences between Christians and Muslims, but
we have much more in common. This forum can help you get an accurate
picture of what those similarities and differences are, and you might
make a friend or two in the process.

After all, we are both people who want to follow God. It's the athiests
who are the real problem.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Melco View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 7:17am

Originally posted by john11 john11 wrote:

After reading all the kind replys and posts from my muslim brothers, not only do i believe that everything about islam is true but i also embraced Islam. I actually embraced Islam before but Satan always tried to hold me back but now im 100% positive Islam is the one and only true religion. God guides us all to Islam.

Instigating people to leave Islam. Another violation, Melco. Comply with guidelines. ---Peacemaker

Edited by peacemaker
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 10:11am

Originally posted by Trident Trident wrote:

The last 2 verses I quoted (23:6 & 70:30) allows a Muslim to have sex with his slaves without the bond of marriage, which is effectively khalwat, or fornication.

So how can you confidently say that Islam never allows sex out of the marriage bond? I just showed you 2 verses (23:6 & 70:30) that clearly allow it!

I think your misunderstanding is originating because one is unable to distinguish between marriage with �free women� as compared with that of �captive women�. I can imagine this difficulty among some of the people (both Muslims or non-Muslims alike), since they don�t comprehend how such a society (with slaves) used to exist, especially in the Muslim world. In such a society the rights/obligations  of a �free women� VS �bond women� were distinctively different. Even Quran provides half the punishment on adultery to a married �bond women� as compared to the one done by a married �free women�. [4:25] Similarly, the married �free women� has a share in the inheritance of her diseased husband [4:12] but no such provision for the �bond women� unless she had previously been �freed� by his husband. This is why Quran uses two different terminologies for both of them. For a �free women� the term is �wives� and for �bond women�, they are usually referred as �among those whom your right hand possess�.

Once we realize this understanding as how such a society used to function, it is rather easy to understand the concept of marriage in Islam with a �free women� as opposed to a �bond women�. For this, Quran provides both norms as well as extreme conditions. As bro Rami has already pointed out that sex with �bond women� is only allowed in the extreme conditions, it more important to know where does Quran provides such an exception otherwise its from someone�s own extrapolation from some verses of the Quran not directly related to the issue of marriage (from some dietary laws etc). So to come to this part of evidence from Quran, we see that verse 4:25 clearly provides this provision of exception, but with the condition that the Muslims must �wed� them and give them their �dowry�. �If any of you have not the means wherewith to wed free believing women, they may wed believing girls from among those whom your right hands possess: And Allah hath full knowledge about your faith. Ye are one from another: Wed them with the leave of their owners, and give them their dowers, according to what is reasonable: They should be chaste, not lustful, nor taking paramours:

Even in doing so, these would still remain �among those whom your right hand possess� and shall not be called as wife. The last part of the verse even cautions the Muslims, ��but it is better for you that ye practise self-restraint. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.� That is to say that wedding with �those whom your right hand posses� is not to be done as a routine, but only an exception under the conditions specified in the beginning of the verse. I hope the understanding of all such verses including verse 23:6 and 70:30 would be much easier now.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:09am
Looks like Melco too, is an undercover Evangelist. What right has he got to tell people to choose their religion? Pretty clear that Evangelist is the religion enforcer who bully those who do not accept Jesus as the Saviour.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>
  Share Topic