IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sufi Remote Healing ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sufi Remote Healing ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 5:53am
How exactly, Angel?
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

........ it is a good idea to pray for a sick relative or friend. ....

Pray to whom?
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:45am
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

........ it is a good idea to pray for a sick relative or friend. ....

Pray to whom?

Pray to God asking to give us strength in our support for the patient or people in need.

Edited by Matt Browne - 16 May 2010 at 9:45am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 10:24pm
Assalamualaikum.

First of all, I apologize for MIA (missing in action) for a while.

I did not know that this topic came up again until I was invited to give wishes to Sis Seeks Hidayah coming marriage.

Anyway, lately I realized that I have lost a lot of fire in me and I find it so lethargic to debate even on line.

Bro Abosait,

In the times of Rasulullah, Tasawwuf is a reality without a name. But now Tasawwuf is a name, but not many know its reality.

In the 4th hadith in the book 40 hadiths - http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=1&translator=2  - Messenger of Allah, what does al-Ihsan imply? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, and in case you fail to see Him, then observe prayer (with this idea in your mind) that (at least) He is seeing you.

Actually the exact word is ibadah not prayers. Whatever good deeds which is not against Shariah is a form of ibadah. Reciting Bismillah before every deeds is also considered ibadah. Removing a thorn from the ground is also a form of ibadah, having intercourse with the wife or husband is also a form of ibadah. But if we include Ihsan in every deed of ours, meaning we do it merely for the Pleasure of Allah, knowing that He is watching us every second, everywhere, we have no room for errors or sins. However we are just insan who keep on forgetting. We not only forget Him outside of our solah or prayers, even in our prayers/solah we forgot Him.

How many of us can forget everything else when performing the solah?

The answer is not many. Most of us here are guilty of not observing IHSAN.

I am now in the office, will continue when I reach home.

Salam
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 10:26pm
Matt,
Not just prayers, but prayers with sincerity, deep from our soul for the sake of Love towards another human being - a Creation of The Creator.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:39am

How exactly, Angel?

Hi Matt, I haven't skipped on this, I've been searching for a suitable study research from some of the alternative therapy databases (CAM) i can get my hands on, but haven't found one i like, most are too long winded and boring not to mention are from 10-12 years ago.
But basically if the one that does the healing, usually they just need a photo and/or a name, birthdate of the person who needs healing.
It does help much more if the person getting the healing knows because that hences the outcome of healing, the persons energy and of course what you mentioned earlier, their will is optimised.
I do want to point out that the studies i have looked into the results are of much of a muchness, there seems to be not much of a varied results between certain groups that knew and didn't know or just a quick talk on the phone.

Remote healing is part of Energy medicine which in turn comes under Complementary and Alternative medicines. Energy medicine is a becoming a thing, its gaining strength in many areas.   

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Assalamualaikum. .............How many of us can forget everything else when performing the solah? ......

Wa Alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

Is there any Verse/Hadith which requires a person to forget "everything else" when performing the solah? Kindly tell me what exactly you meant when you said forget "everything else".

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

........Most of us here are guilty of not observing IHSAN.........

So?
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:06am
:S talk about pride screwing you up.
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic