IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 4:06am
nu001
Salams.
I am not sure why you ask me this question on this thread.
I'm not disputing anything. Just pointing things out as I understand them..just as you do and anyone else here.
As to who is the greater evil? The British or Hitler? Is that your question?
Well, Hitler gave nothing to anyone.
Look at modern day history to see that the Brits do some positive things. Brits did some good during colonial rule also. As I don't know where you are from it is hard for me to comment on your views.
You have your history, I have mine, it's as simple as that.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Yusuf Arief View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf Arief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 8:34am
Oscar.
with regard to your very first post, from my point of view i would answer accordingly.

there is no terrorist in either Islam or Christianity, I do not believe that when people say they are fighting for this religion or that religion are being honest to us or themselves, they are infact fighting for their own power, and have lost the road to whichever religion they say they aspire to, both Islam and Christianity are religions of peace. when put side by side, both religions are very similar, the differences between them are very slight in the bigger picture of things, certainly nothing that is worthy of administering death over,
It is the press and politics that brands terrorists with one religion or another,
If the war on terrorism was indeed a true war on all forms of terrorists, then there would be international troops posted to the streets of many countries.
We who truly are religious must lift ourselves above these lies and miss-directions and not buy into them, the sooner we start to ignore such rubbish and concentrate on the kinds of dialogue seen on these forums, the sooner people will understand that religion does not nurture terrorism, and it does not promote nor condone it, regardless of faith.
Yusuf Arief View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf Arief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 8:50am
Searcher.
I enjoyed reading your last post, and this is my argument exactly, as you said, you are informed by the media in America that Islam is a vengeful religion and is full of hate, the truth is that terrorism is all over the world, and it was only attributed to religion directly over the last couple of decades,
If I were to trust in the reports made in the media, then my view would be this, Al Qaeda are Muslim terrorists, the KKK are white Christian terrorists, the IRA are catholic terrorists, but I know this is not so, Islam is a religion of peace, and why does these people who commit such atrocious acts say they are Muslim? because they are lying, Islam does not tolerate the killing of innocents regardless of faith, during the holy wars of the middle ages and at the time of the foundations of Islam, wars were fought, and during the Prophet Mohammed's time, the battle was over when the aggressors surrendered, and the survivors were taken in and protected under Islam, dont let the press mislead you into believing their interpretation of what Islam is, and dont let them confuse you with mixing ancient tribal laws with the laws under Islam, America has a thriving Islamic population with many converts daily, and they are all patriots to America too, if you want the true face of Islam, talk to people in your local Islamic community, we are more than happy to share the wonders of Islam with people, you might not want to convert, but you may gain a better and reliable picture of what Islam is, I can assure you, it is not about terrorism.   
OSCAR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:06am
Yusuf

The reality is  the vast majority of the public chose to believe the medias version of Islam and how its followers are irrational , how many protest have there been in USA and UK against the "media" .

To re address the bias the Muslim world should do what the Christan world dose inform the rest of the world what is the religion of the followers who are responsible for the most deaths of Innocent civilians. 
tesab View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 9:13am

Has anybody read 1984 by Orwell? The US propoganda machine has worked this feat.  Doublethink.  We now have all these people who say,  "Love your neighbor," and, "Go to war!," in the same sentence and they do not see a problem.  Its as if their minds have become partitioned. 

We arent all drinking the koolaid.
Dick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 7:56am
Home >
News >
Boston Globe >
Opinion >
Op-ed

JAMES CARROLL
The war against Islam
By James Carroll | June 7, 2005

AMONG THE factors leading to the French and Dutch rejections of the European constitution last week, none looms more ominously than the nightmare of antagonism between ''the West" and Islam. Many Europeans fear a rising tide of green, both within the continent and from outside it. Where once communists threatened, now Muslims do. A new wall is being built.

Muslims, meanwhile, see a flood of contempt in pressures on immigrant communities in European cities, in restrictions on Islamic expression, and in openly expressed reservations about Turkey's admission to the EU precisely because of its Islamic character. Given escalations of the war in Iraq together with widely reported instances of Koran-denigration by US interrogators, such trends in Europe make the global war on terror seem expressly a war against Islam. The ''clash of civilizations" seems closer at hand than ever.

To make sense of this dangerous condition, it can help to recall some of the forgotten or misremembered history that prepared for it, from the remote origins of the conflict to its manifestations in the not so distant past. As the story is usually told in Europe and America, the problem began when a jihad-driven army of ''infidel" Saracens, having brutalized Christians in the ''Holy Land," threatened ''Christendom" itself with conquests right into the heart of present-day France. Charles Martel is the hero of primal European romances because he defeated the Muslim army near Tours in 733. But for Martel, Edward Gibbon wrote, ''the Koran would now be taught in the schools of Oxford."

Across subsequent centuries, in the European memory, Islam posed the great threat to the emerging Christian order. But was that so? Lombards, Normans, Vikings, forces from the Slavic east, and violent contests among Christians themselves all wreaked havoc in Europe, even in Martel's time. As I learned from the historian Tomaz Mastnak, the threat from the Saracens was one among many. It was defined as transcendent only with the later Crusades, when Latin Christian armies set out to rescue that ''Holy Land" and roll back Islamic conquests. The crusading impulse presumed a demonizing of Saracens that was justified neither by the threat they actually posed nor by their treatment of Christians in Palestine. Indeed, chronicles of the earlier period take little or no notice of the religion of Saracens. Religious co-existence, famous in Iberia, was a mark of other lands conquered by Arabs. Europe's initiating ''holy war" with Islam, that is, was based on flawed intelligence, propaganda, and threat exaggeration.

The poison flower of the Crusades, with their denigrations of distant cultures, was colonialism. The dark result of European imperial adventuring in the Muslim world was twofold: first, the usual exploitation of native peoples and resources, with attendant destruction of culture, and, second, the powerful reaction among Muslims and Arab populations against colonialism, a reaction that included an internal corrupting of Islamic traditions. The accidental wealth of oil in the Middle East made both external exploitation and internal corruption absolutely ruinous. The political fanaticism that has lately seized the Arab Islamic religious imagination (exemplified in Osama bin Laden) is rooted more in a defensive fending off of assault from ''the West" than in anything intrinsic to Islam. The American war on terror, striking the worst notes of the old imperial insult, only exacerbates this reactionary fanaticism (generating, for example, legions of suicide bombers).

Having forgotten the deeper history, nervous Europeans seem also to have forgotten how large numbers of Muslims settled in the continent's cities in the first place. In the 1960s and 1970s, Turks, Arabs, and North Africans were welcomed as ''guest workers," taking up menial labor with the implicit understanding that they could never hope to be received as citizens of the nations that exploited them. The rank injustice of a system depending on a permanent underclass was bound to issue in political resistance, and now it has, but with a religious edge.

The point is that this conflict has its origins more in ''the West" than in the House of Islam. The image of Muslims as prone to violence by virtue of their religion was mainly constructed across centuries by Europeans seeking to bolster their own purposes, a habit of politicized paranoia that is masterfully continued by freaked-out leaders of post-9/11 America. They, too, like prelates, crusaders, conquistadors, and colonizers, have turned fear of Islam into a source of power. This history teaches that such self-serving projection can indeed result in the creation of an enemy ready and willing to make the nightmare real.

James Carroll's column appears regularly in the Globe.

� Copyright 2005 Globe Newspaper Company.
Ads by Googlewhat's this?
Which Annuities Are Best?
Don't Buy Any Annuity Until You Watch This Annuity Video Review 1st
www.SeniorAnnuityAlert.com
See Todays Mortgage Rates
Mortgages Plunge to 2.5% (3.01%APR) As Seen on Good Morning America!
www.MortgageRates.LowerMyBills.com
All Things Jewish, in MA
At last, a site your mother would approve of. Maybe.
www.JewishBoston.com

More:
Globe Editorials / Op-Ed |
Globe front page |
Boston.com
Globe Headlines e-mail |
Breaking News Alerts
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 6:21am
I'd like to point out that the US being in Iraq or Afganistan is not a Christian motivated effort.  I keep seeing words to that effect here.  The US has a separation of Church and state.  There is no Christian sanctioning of any US action.  There are people of all religions in the US military. 
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

I'd like to point out that the US being in Iraq or Afganistan is not a Christian motivated effort.  I keep seeing words to that effect here.  The US has a separation of Church and state.  There is no Christian sanctioning of any US action.  There are people of all religions in the US military. 

I live here in the US, I see church or religion play a inseperable role in state affairs. Politicians use religion as a factor when getting public office.  I find in many instances politicians use religion in policies of our country.
I am a religious man myself, but I would like to see religion (any) practically be seperated from state to protect all people who come here thinking that church and state are seperate, they aren't.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic