IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where have all the Debators gone?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere have all the Debators gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 7:24am

Palestinian Men reading the Way to Happiness

I did not live back in the time of Jesus Christ.  I wish I had.  We also did not have cameras or photography in those days.  What a pity!  But since Jesus lived in the area of the world commonly called the Holy Land, Palestine, Isreal, Gaza, etc., I would imagine he looked somewhat like the Palestinian men pictured above.  He would have been dark or olive skinned.  It doesn't matter to me (I've said this before) WHAT COLOR HE WAS.  Jesus was born for much bigger things than picking over what he looked like.  What the artists rendition of him was is unimportant.  They painted what they felt was right for them and for the time.  I have many pictures of Him with dark skin....they are all BEAUTIFUL.  But we, people in general, always tend to equate beauty with physical beauty, don't we?  We don't find obese people attractive, Women are many times concerned that they aren't as pretty as the next woman.  Men begin to worry when they hit middle age and lose their hair....thinking, wrongly, that they won't be "handsome" any longer in the eyes of women.  How vain we are, and what a disgrace that we equate another human being with their "beauty".  Jesus was beautiful no matter what his skin color was.  Black as coal, or white as snow, He was a beautiful man.  Because he was so loving and forgiving toward ALL people.

Shame we can't seem to strive to be more like He was....to try to develop at least some of his attributes.

I wish you all peace and understanding.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
paarsurrey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 7:41am

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

The belief in the corporeal assumption of Mary was formally declared to be dogma by Pope Benedict XIV in the encyclical De Festis B.V.M.; Roman Catholics must therefore hold the doctrine as being necessary to salvation. Pope Pius XII, in Munificentissimus Deus [1], reiterated "We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory." The establishment of this dogma as "necessary to salvation" is widely taken to be an example of the Pope's invoking papal infallibility.

Hi

As I wrote earlire,the Christians have neither given the status to JesusYeshuaIssa nor to MaryMeriumMaryam they deserved on merit, only under unjustified and clever influence of Paul who robbed them off their truthful honor only to establish his own hegemony over the simple and ignorant people called Christians, I am sorry to say, but that is a fact. As Paul was disrespectful to Jesus� disciples so he belittled Mary so much so that one does not find any account of her life after when JesusYeshuaIssa and MaryMeriumMaryam last met at Galilee. Paul got Jesus cleverly ascended to heavens to pave his way for absolute hegemony over the church going people; and disciples and Mary he never cared about them. As pointed out by Patty, (this was not perhaps even known by the Popes  who succeeded Paul), so much so that to rectify this grey patch, at a very late stage Pope Benedict XIV  corroborated    lately also by Pope Pius XII ; they invented/concocted the belief in the corporeal assumption of Mary and defined it to be a divinely revealed dogma ( now one could see how the NTGospels had been revealed/fabricated/played with): that their Immaculate Mother of God, their ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life ( while they knew nothing about her historically, or if they knew they opted to conceal it from the public for their vested interests) was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory." The establishment of this dogma as "necessary to salvation" is widely taken to be an example of the Pope's invoking papal infallibility (which in fact is a proof of Pope�s fallibility/sinfulness and his clear attempt at corrupting the Christian faith in the ages gone bye). So this is how Paul and Popes dealt with the Christianity; how cruel they had been to humanity? Would the Christians now realize it, if they wake up from their great slumber of two thousands+ years! 

But Quran is graceful and magnanimous, it not only gave a lofty status to JesusYeshuaIssa he deserved but in its own style Quran made Mary one of the highest example of the believers till the end of the world. For detail, please read my earlier post in this thread.

Bridging gaps between religions and working for unity of all revealed religions with peaceful means.

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 8:01am

All Christians know we do not worship a white, European Jesus.  Yet crasss continually plays this as his mantra, and no one says a word to set him straight, except me. Your (all of you) silence implies agreement.  Is that what the other Christians here believe?  You do not believe that Jesus was a dark skinned man who was born, raised, and died in the Middle East?

Ok, how many pictures do I need to show here of the middleage white, European man you Christians worship, but WHO IS OBVIOUSLY NOT JESUS, even if you call him Jesus.

No matter how long you call that picture Jesus, he won't become any more Jesus because of that.

I repeat: You just want to worship the picture of a white, European man, and force everybody else to do that too. That's what you forced upon the Mayas in Mexico, the Incas in Peru, et cetera.

crasss even called Jesus a scumbag

I've called the Lords, the other Sons of God, scumbags. Anyway, Jesus was not the son of God. Now we all know. And those pictures you worship, are not of him. The Christians are simply worshipping the pictures of someone else. You've just admitted it by yourself. So, I don't even need to prove that. Those pictures are not of Jesus, but of a white, European Lord. And you are worshipping that white, European Lord.

and has repeatedly insulted my religion...

Your religion is insulting to everybody else. All of this has nothing to do with Jesus. Jesus doesn't even look like the pictures you worship! You just want everybody to worship the picture of a white, European Lord; and that is a detestable practice.

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 8:06am

I would imagine he looked somewhat like the Palestinian men pictured above.  He would have been dark or olive skinned.

You see! Christians knew and know perfectly well that Jesus did not look like the pictures they worship!

Yet another proof! Christians just want to worship the picture of a white, European Lord from the middle ages, regardless of how Jesus looked.

The whole purpose of Christianity is to worship these pictures, and Jesus is just an excuse to do so.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 8:52am

Patty, Please do not be upset. I take my judgement back. I was just following the posts and only gave my opinion about it for which I hope I am entilted. Otherwise, why I am here?

I do not know you or crasss. I know you belong to the christian faith. I do not know anything about crasss. You are crying and calling the mod for help. That is not a good thing. I have seen in other christian forums how they abuse the others religion. But if anything ever so small is said against the church belief, they start calling the mods.

I do not like that any one should abuse any man of God. Nobody should use abusive words about Jesus christ. That is my belief. If there is anything wrong with that then please tell me. This board is for discussion. Different items are presented here for the information of all in good faith. It should be done respectfully.

Nobody should be touchy. But every one should tackle the arguments with better arguments. There should be no abuse of the respected persons of a faith such as a prophet. There should also be no falsehood in the posts. If an accusation is true then it should be replied with truth not with sentiments. There should be no personal dis-respect toany board member.

You feel that I took the side of crasss, i.e. I spoke for him. That is not true. I just took interest in the discussion. But I did not know that people are so touchy. I still find the arguments of crasss have upper hand even though I do not understand the matter very well as to what is really at stake. I do not know which way crasss is heading. He is simply crying out loud against some lordships.

Patty, please forgive me if I upset you in any way. I again suggest that you tackle crasss with better superior arguments. thanks. Shalom.

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 9:54am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

I do not like that any one should abuse any man of God.

I think the Christians seriously abuse Jesus by making pictures of another man and calling such pictures Jesus.
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

I still find the arguments of crasss have upper hand even though I do not understand the matter very well as to what is really at stake.

Christian society has always been a class-based nightmare: The Lords, the Clergy, and the serfs (=slaves).  It actually still is today.

How did the Christians mislead the serfs into accepting such arrangement? By making a picture of a white, European man, calling that man the Lord, pretending that he is Jesus, pretending that he is the son of God, and then call the privileged class: the Lords, which are simply the other sons of God.

The purpose of that religion is to create a society based on slavery. Just look at the old slave plantations in the United States: In the middle of the plantation, you have something that looks like a castle. Around it, you have the huts of the black slaves. It looks exactly like a domain from the Middle Ages! It is exactly the same principle!

The Americans are still praying to that picture of a white, European man, the non-Jesus Lord, and this entire mindset is still there. That is why they need to colonize and enslave countries around the world. It is this racist religion that does it! All the trouble in Iraq, Afghanistan,  and other places, et cetera, is because of this racist slavery system, called Christianity.

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 10:01am

Originally posted by crasss crasss wrote:

All Christians know we do not worship a white, European Jesus.  Yet crasss continually plays this as his mantra, and no one says a word to set him straight, except me. Your (all of you) silence implies agreement.  Is that what the other Christians here believe?  You do not believe that Jesus was a dark skinned man who was born, raised, and died in the Middle East?

Ok, how many pictures do I need to show here of the middleage white, European man you Christians worship, but WHO IS OBVIOUSLY NOT JESUS, even if you call him Jesus.

No matter how long you call that picture Jesus, he won't become any more Jesus because of that.

I repeat: You just want to worship the picture of a white, European man, and force everybody else to do that too. That's what you forced upon the Mayas in Mexico, the Incas in Peru, et cetera.

crasss even called Jesus a scumbag

I've called the Lords, the other Sons of God, scumbags. Anyway, Jesus was not the son of God. Now we all know. And those pictures you worship, are not of him. The Christians are simply worshipping the pictures of someone else. You've just admitted it by yourself. So, I don't even need to prove that. Those pictures are not of Jesus, but of a white, European Lord. And you are worshipping that white, European Lord.

and has repeatedly insulted my religion...

Your religion is insulting to everybody else. All of this has nothing to do with Jesus. Jesus doesn't even look like the pictures you worship! You just want everybody to worship the picture of a white, European Lord; and that is a detestable practice.

oh dear, crasss, sounds like my words have fallen on deaf ears.  Didn't you even look at the multi-racial range of "Jesuses" I linked you to? 

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 10:43am

To crasss,

You don't read anything anyone offers to you as far as their true beliefs.  You just chant the same old, same old garbage over and over again.  Your knowledge of Roman Catholism is woefully lacking, to the point that I seriously doubt that you were ever Catholic.  Here's a question or two regarding the Church:

1)  What is it that EVERY Catholic does at mass immediately after the priest announces the Gospel reading for the day?

2)  What is absolutely NOT permissable at the end of a Catholic funeral.....Rite of the Christian Burial?

Apparently you chose to dismiss the post I sent you regarding IDOLATRY within the Catholic Church.  It is HERESY, and we do not worship pictures, statues, icons, etc., etc.  We do NOT pray to them. We appreciate them as a reminder of the person.  We do not pray to a picture of a white Jesus, or any other person.  We do not worship Mary or elevate her above God, nor do we worship or elevate any of the Saints.  We hope to be more holy, as they were. 

But you don't want to believe what I'm telling you....and I do know my Church and my faith.  Because you love hating the Church, hating the white European people, hating the wealthy, and hating anything else that goes against your hatefilled mind.  You can fool some of these kind, easy-going Muslims, but you'll never fool me.  I know what you are about.....and it's very evil.  You, crasss, are the epitomy of evil.  And that is my own personal opinion to which I am also entitled. You have an agenda alright.....and that agenda is all about spreading more hate and discontent amongst the people of the world.  No wonder we can't have peaceful dialogues when the world is full of the likes of you.

I hope and pray to God that the Muslims are somehow able to see with their eyes wide open what you are really doing on this site.  I pray that someday you will learn what God is really all about and that He will touch your heart and mind and give you wisdom and peace.

I've tried my best to communicate with you.  I've tried to be patient. But I will not stand still while you continue to bash my religion and my faith.  Not without at least having MY say.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic