IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 1:19pm

By your logic the middle east is christians and the USA is muslim

Edited by OSCAR
OSCAR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by OSCAR OSCAR wrote:

How is it that openly Committed Christian leaders (Blair Bush, and the rest, Australia Europe) and Christian solders backed buy money and support from Officially Christian countries kill 1 million innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan not be classed as Christian Terrorist when they kill civilians in an unjustified and immoral invasion.

"Offically christian countries" ?? Where do you get that from? what are these christian countries? 

Elsewhere you mentioned, (i think it was you) "the christian west" - The West is not christian! Just as the East is not muslim!

As for being classed as Christian terrorist it cannot simply because countries are not christian nor the west cannot be called that either, despite leaders being christian & majority of citizens may be christian. If the USA has a muslim president (infact isn't Barack muslim - can't remember) I suppose then that the US will be considered a muslim country then

Quote I have not come to know of any Christian groups marching against deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, if there have been i would like to know. 

Where were you when the world, when many countries marched and protested against the war in iraq ? See you cannot tell who is christian and who is not, and you talk about countries and the west being christian, well by your view then the marches and protest then was christian! wake up don't tell us that you don't know of any christian groups marching

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE CHRISTIAN NOT ME.

WIKIPEDIA

The United States government does not audit Americans' religious beliefs.[140] In a private survey conducted in 2001, 76.5% of American adults identified themselves as Christian, down from 86.4% in 1990. Protestant denominations accounted for 52%, while Roman Catholics, at 24.5%, were the largest individual denomination.[141] A different study describes white evangelicals, 26.3% of the population, as the country's largest religious cohort;[142] evangelicals of all races are estimated at 30�35%.[143] The total reporting non-Christian religions in 2001 was 3.7%, up from 3.3% in 1990. The leading non-Christian faiths were Judaism (1.4%), Islam (0.5%), Buddhism (0.5%), Hinduism (0.4%), and Unitarian Universalism (0.3%). Between 1990 and 2001, the number of Muslims and Buddhists more than doubled. From 8.2% in 1990, 14.1% in 2001 described themselves as agnostic, atheist, or simply having no religion,[141] still significantly less than in other postindustrial countries such as Britain (2005:44%) and Sweden (2001:69%, 2005:85%).[144]

THE SAME APPLIES TO UK EUROPE AND AUSTRALIA,

I CANT BELIEVE YOUR TRYING TO SAY THE USA PEOPLE AND THERE SOLDERS ARE SECULAR AND NOT CHRISTIAN, SECULAR IS NOT A RELIGION.

AND I'M NOT DEFENDING THE BEHAVIOR OF A HAND FULL OF EXTREMISTS WHO ARE POINTING THERE ANGER AT IRAQI CHRISTIANS

NO BARAKA IS A CHRISTIAN HE SAID FAMUSLY I WILL BOMB PAKISTAN IF THEY CANT GET RID OF THEIR EXTREAMISTS. 

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 5:37pm

Just because some countries seem by statistic polls show a large number in a particular religion doesn't make it that country offically such and such.

In south american countries there is many christians does that make south americans christians or countries offically christian.

I struggle with the question, what makes an amercian, what are the values or australian in my case. I can't answer it satisfactory because many things make up what is an australian or what is the australian values. What do I do with muslims (and those who convert to), athiests, jews, zoroastrains, aboriginals, buddhists WHO are born, raisesd, live here ?? Are they christian ? NO! Do I refer to them as christian? NO!

Those who say to muslims go home, well they are home!

Besides the UK/USA/Europe and here and anywhere else that may, tend to have similar things, so if I rattle off something of the same am i an european or amercian then. To be honest with you Australia is the same with Christianity dominating but it doesn't make it offically christian, I myself cannot see it that way because before Britian landed on the shores and colonised it with its so called criminals, the many aborignals were here first with their language and beliefs and the north and south aboriginee differred also.

Australia and USA & other western countries are multicultural now with many religions/beliefs. If you go by those statistic of nationality, i wonder what the dominating nationality is by your view/logic that is what that country is.

I guess Brazilians are portugues since they speak that language. Or spanish people are mexican since they too speak spanish.

Western countries have separation of church and state so it cannot be identified offically of such and such religion despite many people identifying themselves with such and such.

Just imagine Australia being offically recognised as a Christian country what will that do with or for the aboriginals, they already suffered enough. At least the aborignals have the decency to refer others as white man/people. 

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 5:46pm

The reason why there is labels for muslim terrorists is because the terrorists themselves IDENTIFY themselves as muslim and supposedly following islam. The west didn't conjure up that term as far as I know. I myself go by what the terrorists say who they are and i'm sure others do to.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by OSCAR OSCAR wrote:

By your logic the middle east is christians and the USA is muslim

did i say that the middle east is christian? I stated by your logic that if america had a muslim leader then it would be a muslim country, AS you say that Bush is christian so america is christian.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 6:44pm

The joke of the day:

Anatolian

I AGREE A RIGHTEOUS CHRISTIAN IS BETTER THAN A BAD MUSLIM.

Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 10:54pm
First off I never made that statement Israfil, that was posted by Oscar.

Secondly, Oscar you claim that the West killed off 10 million Muslims
within a 100 years. I'm not denying this fact or arguing it. If they were
killed because they were Muslim that consists of genocide. Are you
claiming genocide here? This is a serious charge and if you do prove so
then I wonder why it hasn't been brought to the attention of the world
court in The Hague.

Just to see if this matches your theory, the murder of 10 million Russian
citizens of the Soviet Union, obviously most belonging to the Orthodox
Church, to be acts of genocide committed against Christians BY
Christians? After all Stalin did study for the priesthood that would make
him Christian right? Hitler killing off 6 million Jews not including Catholic
and Protestant priests, gypsies, non jewish Poles, homosexuals, and
mentally challenged patients. Are those crimes against humanity
committed by Christians against Christians? Does your argument fit here?

Nuoo2 you believe I come here just to attack the Ummah. Well you tend to
ignore my other postings. What I was bringing up was a response to
Oscar's incredible claims of Christian "terrorism" and "barbarity" I mean
look at the title of this topic. It speaks for itself. Just as you have a right
to defend your beliefs so do I. He has yet to find a New Testament verse
that backs up these barbaric acts by the West. I have replied to him
countless times that these are based on greed and that millions of
Christians suffer from both Muslim and Western leaders. He claims that
the West is Christian yet many European countries and America are for
abortion and the use of condoms something in which the Church doesn't
approve. He brings up the fact that the West is practically 80% Christian
but he ignores the fact that of those Christians living in the West less than
10 % go to Church (That's an average combining all majority Christian
countries in Europe and the Americas.) Is that truly a "Christian" West? It's
not to me and it's not to those. The West is SECULAR. It has no official
religious views.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 12:49am

As for being classed as Christian terrorist it cannot simply because countries are not christian nor the west cannot be called that either, despite leaders being christian & majority of citizens may be christian.

And the highest medals given by these governments to their soldiers are likes of Victoria Crosses, Distinguished service Crosses
for Army, Air Force , Navy and Marines, Angel why would any Jew or Muslim would like to carry that over his heart and why a non christen establishment would go for the crosses?
Oh pleeeease Angel let go of PC! The queen is Head Church of England and every office holder  takes oath holding on a Bible!

If the USA has a muslim president (infact isn't Barack muslim - can't remember) I suppose then that the US will be considered a muslim country then
Barack is not a Muslim, he has gone out and flaunted his church UCoC attendances to dilute the stigma of his father's given name that is Hussain being his  middle name!
Hypothetically I can tell you if Barack was a Muslim and then gets elected the veto pen of  the POTUS will make all the difference!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 March 2010 at 4:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
  Share Topic