IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The U.S Military and honor  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The U.S Military and honor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2006 at 10:33am

Ummziba let me ask you this would you live under the Taliban?

Whisper thanks again for your response!

I would say I agree with you in the sense that the Afghan people would feel (as they do now) better off by thesemselves without foreign occupation. I don't think that it's just because of the U.S but I believe its with most countries and their influences. However I don't see the situation becoming any better especially if Hamid Karzai's unstable government cannot become solidified by total democracy if the people will not whole-heartedly agree to it. I also agree that culture plays an important role here.

Especially if a group of people lived in a certain condition for a long period of time. It's hard for some to grasp any culture outside American soil, and even greater for the civilians especially if their only outlet is the news media. However ignorance of understanding is still not reason enough for us to just cut and run. Because a certain population disagree with American politics doesn't mean that their situation will instantly be better if the military leaves. My friend we all beds that we sleep in must be made up in the morning.

I see a vaccum brewing once the U.S leaves even on a gradual basis. I believe that tribalism will play an important role especially in the democratic transition. Let me remind you that its not my decision oon how one should live, but as a human I can say that I'd allow anyone to live as they so choose. To answer your question more indepth in the case with Afghanistan if the Taliban was still in power I'd allow them to still be in power but because of cause and effect reality showed otherwise.

We all know that in the causation of this war with the Taliban it came due to the Spetermber 11th attacks. Well know the effect of this lead to War. People were angry and the public wanted a president that showed resolve and showed the wrath of the people. I do not agree with this. Basically this is retalitory, not because of just simple American politics but something greater I suppose but I'm no theorist. As a soldier with all the debating going on I could never imagine questioning this I just do my job.

The whole point of being a soldier is doing a job not to be an ethicist or some type of conspirecy theorist of some sort, if so then military is not for you. One of the reasons how I excelled inb the military (as do most Special Forces Operators) is that missions are done without question. Now going briefly beyond our political discussion do you hold me as a soldier for the present state of Afghanistan? Do you think I want a puppet to run in our place? This of courseis geared towards answering on a personal leavel so feel free to analyze and answer.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Nima Nima wrote:

Ummziba let me ask you this would you live under the Taliban?

I thought I already answered that, but, let me repeat - if my choice was the Taliban, a group who strives to live by the Qur'an and worships Allah Almighty, or the American neo-con "either you're with us or against us" rabble who worship the almighty dollar - I would most certainly choose the Taliban.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 2:41pm
I'm surprised at you sister Ummziba
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 2:58pm

I'm surprised at you sister Ummziba

Really? Why only because you fail to rise beyond being just an American?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 5:25pm
Whisper please don't drag me into your politcal debate with Nima I was merely gazing the discussion and I just noticed the comment made by Sister Ummizba. For your information I'm quite content being a Muslim American and choose not to involve myself with the affairs of others. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion and whether you are right or wrong doesn't matter to me, so long as the dicussions here benifit the mind.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 2:03am

Brother, how can I ever drag you or anyone for that matter into anything? I was just surprised by such implied vilification of a people by a man of your calibre. I feel, you have no experience of the Talibaan other than from the US media.

Best of 2006.

Sorry!Forgot to tell you what they say about the US media in good old England, these days. "Lord Nelson shall bow his head and these four Trafalgar Square lions shall roar the day the Amreeki media tells a truth.

That is, of course, other than the date line!

Edited by Whisper
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 6:40am

Whisper thanks again for your response!

My friend, people have lived their lives long before America was discovered or this great MacDemocracy goddess was invented. It�s sheer American arrogance (psychologically, it�s actually a form of impotence) to believe that people in the world can�t do without the US. A bit of childish daydreaming on the part of this juvenile nation.

Our great CIA asset, Hamid Karzai, would do far better on some Paris catwalk with his fancy gowns than where the US have placed him with the help of poor Dr. Zalmay Khalilzad! We did have quite a stable government before Crisitina Rocca�s �a carpet of gold� or a �carpet of bombs� offer!

Because a certain population disagree with American politics doesn't mean that their situation will instantly be better if the military leaves.

We don�t vote for the American president. We are not at all concerned with �American Politics. We hold every right not just to object to American killing games, but also resist them. It�s not just �certain� populations. Leaving aside a handful of �American assets� the rest of the populations are resistant.

I see a vaccum brewing once the U.S leaves even on a gradual basis.

Where was that vacuum before the US started to display their 52,000 feet in the air sort of bravery?

It�s a mere spin by your convoluted rulers inspired by Leo Strauss.

It�s a simple law of Life - all people come to find their own path � if not interfered by vested interests.

I'd allow them to still be in power but because of cause and effect reality showed otherwise.

Let�s be realistic.

It was more as a need for an �appointed� President to turn into a hero than anything else.

We all know that in the causation of this war with the Taliban it came due to the Spetermber 11th attacks.

It will be best in the American public interest to at least �who dunn it� on 9 / 11.

Now going briefly beyond our political discussion do you hold me as a soldier for the present state of Afghanistan?

Brother, I don�t even hold your President responsible for the state of the affairs.

Let�s be honest and see who has really lost? We have lost a few mud houses, a bit of infrastructure and a few men.

The US has lost herself.

Her dream of creating an empire is dashed. She has generated an atmosphere, across the globe, in which the world holds the US as a bigger threat to world peace than OBL or anyone else! Even poor men like me have begun to pity the US and her plight.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 2:22pm

Brother, don't insult me by automatically thinking because I don't get involved in the political discussion doesn't mean that I'm blinded politically. What, do I think the Taliban with their laws they are righteous? No! I don't think having moral police to make sure the people are following Islam correctly is a dumb idea. Not only does it psychologically take away from the philosophical concept of "freewill" that Allah the mighty has presented in the Qur'an but their justice system is unfair. Also, death is barabaric. To take a woman in a place of atheletic competition only to execute her is Barbaric. Yeah they serve God alright on this I agree with Nima

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic