IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are all Muslim men sexist?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAre all Muslim men sexist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are all Muslim men sexist?
    Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:37am
I was once in a labour ward, and the nurse asked the husband how many children he now had. He replied "7 daughters, we will keep going till we have a son." His wife sighed.Is this typical? Do women not get any say in the matter?

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:54am

So, you would judge all Muslim men from that one fellow!  I once camped with some American Girl Scouts when I was much younger.  They were all shocked that we (Canadians) didn't all speak French and live in igloos - seriously!  Are all Americans so ignorant of other countries?

You see, painting any group with one brush is never a good idea.  What a silly question you pose.  What is it you would really like to know, I wonder.

Have a nice day, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 7:04am
..Jazak Allah Khair Sister...i agree with Sister Ummziba that Americans should work more on history and  on other countries,not all of them...
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

..Jazak Allah Khair Sister...i agree with Sister Ummziba that Americans should work more on history and  on other countries,not all of them...

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Suleyman, this is not merely a problem for Americans, it is a world wide disease.  There are as many non-Americans who show such ignorance as there are Americans so please don't fall into the same dark pit you are accusing others of being in.

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by Melco Melco wrote:

I was once in a labour ward, and the nurse asked the husband how many children he now had. He replied "7 daughters, we will keep going till we have a son." His wife sighed.Is this typical? Do women not get any say in the matter?

Melco, as a Catholic, you should know that these matters are truly an issue of what God wants for us and not what we want ourselves.  We can pertend to be in control of such issues but that is only our egos speaking.  Does a Catholic woman have any say in the number of children she bares?  According to the Catholic faith, sex is for one reason and one reason only and any form of birth control is forbidden.  I know because I was a Catholic for many years.  On the other hand, birth control is not forbidden in Islam and the number of children a couple desires to have depends on the number they want; however, the number they actually have depends on what God ordains for them.  If this man desires his wife to continue to have children until there is a son, that has nothing to do with Islam but rather is personal preferrence and the same goes for the way he treats his wife in this matter. 

PAZ

Sister Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:05pm

But sister you should see ur brothers and sisters outside of your country,they really seem comic,all day eating ice cream and unaware of intellectual issues and cultural colors...are there any French here for supporting me???...

No offend please,i talk about the general appearance...hey i know how Turks appear outside the country,no need to tell...

Edited by Suleyman
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:37pm

are there any French here for supporting me???...

oui
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

are there any French here for supporting me???...

oui

Yeahh,come on brother;we are listening you,don't you tell what the Americans do when they first saw Paris???..c'mon....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic